Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I used to buy The Mag and TF religiously for a while but eventually I just found that they dated too quickly. I would buy one before a game and by the time I actually opened it, it was out of date, and where I just wanted to read about issues created by whatever had happened on the pitch that day, I was reading about stuff that had happened weeks ago. It was fighting a losing battle against this place where I can read interesting stuff immediately from people whose views I respect and can engage with. I think forums are the modern fanzines more than digital versions of the traditional ones, although I do still read those regularly.

:thup: Agree tbh, still feels like a shame though, especially with them saying they were doing fine before the distribution situation changed.  Used to still read them now and again and have a bit of nostalgia about the whole thing.

I used to buy The Mag and TF religiously for a while but eventually I just found that they dated too quickly. I would buy one before a game and by the time I actually opened it, it was out of date, and where I just wanted to read about issues created by whatever had happened on the pitch that day, I was reading about stuff that had happened weeks ago. It was fighting a losing battle against this place where I can read interesting stuff immediately from people whose views I respect and can engage with. I think forums are the modern fanzines more than digital versions of the traditional ones, although I do still read those regularly.

:thup: Agree tbh, still feels like a shame though, especially with them saying they were doing fine before the distribution situation changed.  Used to still read them now and again and have a bit of nostalgia about the whole thing.

Suspect genuine fans packing in going to the game hasn't helped there cause either.

Philip Buckingham ‏@PJBuckingham 10m

The results of #hcafc's name change ballot are in... 2565 vote Yes to Hull Tigers, 2517 say No to Hull Tigers. 792 voted no preference

Fucking hell, that's so depressing.