Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Interesting that Betis have more fans than Sevilla. What're the white parts in the map, people who didn't do the survey?

Thing about Sevilla, is that outside of their "core" set of fans in the city of Sevilla and nearby areas, they are pretty hated by everybody else in Andalucía.

I'd love to know the mean attendance in Serie A without the big 4 sides, like.

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/ita-serie-a-2013-2014/1/

Should've said big 5, probably. Around 15,000 then. Ludicrous.

Bit of wild generalising but it's gone the way of over here in the late 70s/80s for a lot of teams. Shitty grounds, threat of violence from fans/police, low standard of player compared to what was. Football mirroring general society. Shame.

UEFA to tweak CL format: Pot 1 in the group phase draw will only be made up of the Top 7 league champions + defending CL champions.

Not too sure this will change much the fact that most CL groups are two top teams + two fillers.

stop cases like Man City being a league champion and in pot 3 couple of years back. Could have an interesting knock on effect on the big sides who don't win their league in a year (eg Arsenal, runner up of Real and Barca etc) bumps them down a pot.

UEFA to tweak CL format: Pot 1 in the group phase draw will only be made up of the Top 7 league champions + defending CL champions.

Not too sure this will change much the fact that most CL groups are two top teams + two fillers.

stop cases like Man City being a league champion and in pot 3 couple of years back. Could have an interesting knock on effect on the big sides who don't win their league in a year (eg Arsenal, runner up of Real and Barca etc) bumps them down a pot.

It won't change much imho. You'll have a bunch of league champions that are now usually in pot 2 (France, Italy, Portugal...) bumped up to pot 1 - and some big guys demoted to pot 2. Net effect is still a majority of groups with 2 big clubs and cannon fodder. I can only see some outlier cases where this makes a difference, like City of years ago or Dortmund when they won the league and were also in pot 3.

Used to love watching Football Italia in the 90s on Channel 4 when I was growing up. Shame the football has gone the way it has

:lol: The theme tune is my ringtone on my phone. Usually get weird looks when it goes off, but there's been a few times someone's heard it and shouted "Football Italia!"

Where it's taken from:

It won't change much imho. You'll have a bunch of league champions that are now usually in pot 2 (France, Italy, Portugal...) bumped up to pot 1 - and some big guys demoted to pot 2. Net effect is still a majority of groups with 2 big clubs and cannon fodder. I can only see some outlier cases where this makes a difference, like City of years ago or Dortmund when they won the league and were also in pot 3.

Without putting too much thought into it you're probably right, but I think it's a sensible change, a rare achievement when UEFA/FIFA start tinkering with things.