Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Generations of young people have been binge drinking, the only difference now is that with social media and camera phones, there is literally no place to hide. Gazza was one of the best footballers ever and would drink 7 bottles of whiskey a day when he was still playing  :lol:

Was he? One of the best.... ever?

Top ten English. Top 50 world I'd say. So yes.

Not for me. Potential, perhaps. But he didn't fulfil it. His problems led him to a lifestyle that contributed to him not reaching his potential.

I also believe, even 20 years ago - health and nutrition where not so important to a footballer's success. You have Hoddle & Arsenal players talking in amazement about how Wenger wanted them to eat and condition themselves properly. I don't think you can maintain a really top level career carrying on the way players (in Britain at least) carried on in the 80's & 90's.

I don't think potential comes into it at all

He was the best player at Italia 90 ffs, and arguably top three of Euro 96. Never let England down on the pitch despite being criminally mismanaged by Turnip. Yes his lifestyle left a lot to be desired but isn't that Klaus' point?

I think we are going to have to disagree on Gazza.

Generations of young people have been binge drinking, the only difference now is that with social media and camera phones, there is literally no place to hide. Gazza was one of the best footballers ever and would drink 7 bottles of whiskey a day when he was still playing  :lol:

Not for me. Potential, perhaps. But he didn't fulfil it. His problems led him to a lifestyle that contributed to him not reaching his potential.

I also believe, even 20 years ago - health and nutrition where not so important to a footballer's success. You have Hoddle & Arsenal players talking in amazement about how Wenger wanted them to eat and condition themselves properly. I don't think you can maintain a really top level career carrying on the way players (in Britain at least) carried on in the 80's & 90's.

He was the best player at Italia 90 ffs, and arguably top three of Euro 96. Never let England down on the pitch despite being criminally mismanaged by Turnip. Yes his lifestyle left a lot to be desired but isn't that Klaus' point?

How many English players have been the best player at a World Cup? It's not even conjecture.

Lesta have sacked 3 players :yikes:

@SkySportsNewsHQ: BREAKING: Leicester sack players James Pearson, Tom Hopper and Adam Smith for ill-dicipline during clubs end-of-season tour to Thailand.

Would be very interesting to see the outcome if it was three important senior players involved.

Would they really sack Schmeichal, Vardy and Cambiasso?

Doesn't really matter, since those players weren't involved.

Honestly, if you can't fart a Thai prostitute in the face, then what the hell is being rich all about?

Like, Thai prostitute do hell of a lot more nasty things than then that if you pay them enough.

There is no moral in Thailand, i mean that is just such a nonsense thing. Everybody does everything for the right price here. You can buy absolutely ANYTHING you want to. And people getting on their high horses because these guys messed up having fun. Yes racial slurs is shitty, fine. But stay in Bangkok and come here with a heap of money and see how Bangkok will swallow you.

There is no moral in Thailand, i mean that is just such a nonsense thing. Everybody does everything for the right price here. You can buy absolutely ANYTHING you want to. And people getting on their high horses because these guys messed up having fun. Yes racial slurs is shitty, fine. But stay in Bangkok and come here with a heap of money and see how Bangkok will swallow you.

http://i.imgur.com/utgan3A.gif

How many English players have been the best player at a World Cup? It's not even conjecture.

You're saying he was the best player at the World Cup, it's simply your opinion. Oliver Kahn was arguably the best player at a WC, i'm not sure he would make the top 50 either.

You're saying he was the best player at the World Cup, it's simply your opinion. Oliver Kahn was arguably the best player at a WC, i'm not sure he would make the top 50 either.

It was either he or Matthaus, nobody came close to those two. Then at his next major tournament, once again we reached the semis, with him as the playmaker. Injuries robbed us of him for a lot of the time between the 90 and 96 tournaments, the knee which was his fault, plus a broken jaw courtesy of Jan Wouters' elbow, and a broken leg iirc while at Rangers. I've never seen anybody English do what he did with the ball, I've seen better passers and I've seen better dribblers,  but he did both to a world class standard, and since then arguably only Owen at France 98 and Rooney at Euro 04 have shone in a tourney for England, yet neither shone anywhere near as bright as Gascoigne did in his two. Nor must it be forgotten his role in qualification for France. Gazza would slot comfortably in any list of all time greats, certainly top 50- 60. Who could for instance, forget his nigh on one man crusade to get Spurs to the 91 cup final?

Mick Foley just tweeted about a #noheadernobrainer campaign. Concussion ultras trying to remove headers from the u14 game. Odd bunch.

I think it's because after the Benoit stuff they've started doing a lot more research into concussions been left untreated. It was speculated Benoit had the brain of a 80 year old due to all the concussions etc.

Could be all bs but the awareness of concussions been treated is becoming more prominent.