Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

When I think of the most driven English footballers. Beckham. Lampard. Neville. Talented but not supremely so, i don't see that type of thing in their character. I could imagine Kieron Dyer doing that though.

The same Lampard that was part of the group of Chelsea players that drunkenly stripped, swore and vomited in front of U.S. tourists the day after 9/11?

"People make mistakes and do dumb things. But you hope he realises that isn't the actions of a top level (non-genius) player."

Yet you've just said that you can't imagine specifically Lampard doing it. I dunno why you're incapable of not just saying 'ah yeah, fair point'

Maybe he meant the Lampard that roasted that lass on video with Dyer and Rio :dontknow:

When I think of the most driven English footballers. Beckham. Lampard. Neville. Talented but not supremely so, i don't see that type of thing in their character. I could imagine Kieron Dyer doing that though.

The same Lampard that was part of the group of Chelsea players that drunkenly stripped, swore and vomited in front of U.S. tourists the day after 9/11?

"People make mistakes and do dumb things. But you hope he realises that isn't the actions of a top level (non-genius) player."

Yet you've just said that you can't imagine specifically Lampard doing it. I dunno why you're incapable of not just saying 'ah yeah, fair point'

My point is simply, if he's going to be a top level player, he's going to have to stop doing that. Lampard wouldn't be the player he is today if he kept up like that. In general, he strikes me as a very hardworking, dedicated professional who get every last inch of talent out of his body. I think that type of behaviour is out of character with the professional Lampard has become.

You're acting as if he's being swept off roads every weekend in Birmingham. He's on his post season holiday and had a bit too much to drink, he'll be fine.

The article I read mentioned some previous incident earlier in the season as well, tbf. For the most part, I agree with you, but these players have to realise that their body and its good condition are what will make their careers and livelihoods. If you expose yourself to the same vices as "normal people", you risk shortening your career or dulling your potential. Anyone with the desire to reach their physical apex should not be drinking heavily or to the point of black out. Even heavy weed use should be discouraged.

It's sad to see young people get into such a state. Yes, some come out of it the other side with no ill effects, but some don't. End up dealing with issues with alcohol for years after.

Not to mention that kid is a scrawny little thing. Some people actually die form these binges don't they. It's all very alarming. Youth is wasted on the young.

It's sad to see young people get into such a state. Yes, some come out of it the other side with no ill effects, but some don't. End up dealing with issues with alcohol for years after.

Not to mention that kid is a scrawny little thing. Some people actually die form these binges don't they. It's all very alarming. Youth is wasted on the young.

You must be an absolute crease on a night out

Guest firetotheworks

You're such a fucking fanny, man. :lol:

He's a young lad, going out, being a bit of a prat and having fun whilst doing it, like most lads his age. There's not a lot more to it than that.

Generations of young people have been binge drinking, the only difference now is that with social media and camera phones, there is literally no place to hide. Gazza was one of the best footballers ever and would drink 7 bottles of whiskey a day when he was still playing  :lol:

You're such a f***ing fanny, man. :lol:

He's a young lad, going out, being a bit of a prat and having fun whilst doing it, like most lads his age. There's not a lot more to it than that.

He was passed out cold in the middle of a foreign street. Think of the harm that could have come to the young lad. He could have been beaten, robbed or violated.

You guys live very riskily. It's all quite disturbing I must say. What is happening to the young people nowadays man.

Everything. Is. Bad. Forever.

Generations of young people have been binge drinking, the only difference now is that with social media and camera phones, there is literally no place to hide. Gazza was one of the best footballers ever and would drink 7 bottles of whiskey a day when he was still playing  :lol:

Not sure that's the best example for the point you're trying to make like. :lol: