Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

:lol:

Sky going to s*** hopefully. As if they had the nerve to hike their skysports price up too. No wonder they're so desperate to reiterate that the Premier League is still the 'greatest in the word' after a 0-0 borefest on a monday night. Only thing the c***s have left.

They have just announced a huge profit, don't think losing La Liga rights will have that much of an impact BUT does make their European channel look a bit silly now

Mourinho ffs

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_11391_1366879411.png

I only have that cos i think it's a funny pic, I don't like him particularly lol

maybe should change avatar to avoid this confusion

Guest neesy111

Sky going to s*** hopefully. As if they had the nerve to hike their skysports price up too. No wonder they're so desperate to reiterate that the Premier League is still the 'greatest in the word' after a 0-0 borefest on a monday night. Only thing the c***s have left.

They have just announced a huge profit, don't think losing La Liga rights will have that much of an impact BUT does make their European channel look a bit silly now

Well they've lost the champions league as well.  Can't call themselves the home of football as well.

Well they've lost the champions league as well.  Can't call themselves the home of football as well.

True, BT have much more football and a better range for football BUT Sky still have more sports overall

Does losing Madrid and Barca effectively mean losing the rest of La Liga too?

In terms of what?

The Telegraph article says 'In what would be the biggest shock in sports broadcasting since it blew Sky out of the water to land the Champions League, BT was poised to freeze the latter out of showing Real Madrid and Barcelona for the next three years.'. I thought those two clubs negotiated their own deals, and the rest of the league was separate. Unless I'm reading too much into the wording of that bit.

Does losing Madrid and Barca effectively mean losing the rest of La Liga too?

In terms of what?

The Telegraph article says 'In what would be the biggest shock in sports broadcasting since it blew Sky out of the water to land the Champions League, BT was poised to freeze the latter out of showing Real Madrid and Barcelona for the next three years.'. I thought those two clubs negotiated their own deals, and the rest of the league was separate. Unless I'm reading too much into the wording of that bit.

I think you are reading too much into it, I think they are simply saying the interest in La Liga is in those 2 clubs

Had an interesting conversation with my 3 (ex) matching going friends. None of them had any interest in the ECL and didn't even bother watching it until the final. I'd consider myself quite football obsessed but even I skip it until the KO stages. Really think its importance is massively hyped.

Guest chicken little

Had an interesting conversation with my 3 (ex) matching going friends. None of them had any interest in the ECL and didn't even bother watching it until the final. I'd consider myself quite football obsessed but even I skip it until the KO stages. Really think its importance is massively hyped.

I don't think it has lost any importance, but the format has killed the goose that laid the golden egg IMO. Time was a fixture like, to pick an example out of thin air, Barcelona vs. Bayern would have a proper sense of occasion to it. Now these kind of games happen most seasons. Let alone that getting rid of straight knockout minimises the chance of owt exciting like Marseille/Ajax/Villa etc. winning the thing.

I don't think it has lost any importance, but the format has killed the goose that laid the golden egg IMO. Time was a fixture like, to pick an example out of things air, Barcelona vs. Bayern would have a proper sense of occasion to it. Now these kind of games happen most seasons. Let alone that getting rid of straight knockout minimises the chance of owt exciting like Marseille/Ajax/Villa etc. winning the thing.

:thup:

Euro 2016 is going the same way as by the sounds of it is 2020.

I don't think it has lost any importance, but the format has killed the goose that laid the golden egg IMO. Time was a fixture like, to pick an example out of thin air, Barcelona vs. Bayern would have a proper sense of occasion to it. Now these kind of games happen most seasons. Let alone that getting rid of straight knockout minimises the chance of owt exciting like Marseille/Ajax/Villa etc. winning the thing.

The format is appalling, the group stage is always 95% dross.

KOs of CL is only standard of football that is genuinely good atm IMO.

It's all about money, not sport. :(

The format is appalling, the group stage is always 95% dross.

Group stage is crap, and it's only there to guarantee TV games from Europe's top teams right until January. But a few of the knockouts usually produce some of the best football on show every year, imho.

Football would be s*** without the Champions League like

Maybe without it the leagues would level out and become more competitive perhaps so in turn making it better?

But even if that happened which is very doubtful, the quality would be nowhere near as good as the champions league knockout stages are

Maybe without it the leagues would level out and become more competitive perhaps so in turn making it better?

But even if that happened which is very doubtful, the quality would be nowhere near as good as the champions league knockout stages are

Competitive football >>>>>>> Jizzing like a pig over the same 8 corporate shells each year.

Guest neesy111

Competitive football >>>>>>> Jizzing like a pig over the same 8 corporate shells each year.

:thup: