Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Unless this doc actually names people he's doped, I can't see this going anywhere.  The guy's a scumbag (see above) and if he's trying to convince people to buy his drugs of course he's going to big himself up and say he's been giving it to top athletes, they're all doing it, buy my steroids or you'll be left behind.

Premier League champions flags being sold at Leicester :scared:

Counting their chickens already, hope it backfires.

Remember some knacker from our lot at Blackburn in 96 had a Champions 96 shirt on. I blame them almost as much as I do Fenton.

Guest neesy111

Premier League champions flags being sold at Leicester :scared:

Counting their chickens already, hope it backfires.

Remember some knacker from our lot at Blackburn in 96 had a Champions 96 shirt on. I blame them almost as much as I do Fenton.

That game man. :(

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/soccer-hamstring-injuries-are-up-but-preventing-them-is-complicated/?ex_cid=538twitter

The injury report, hamstring edition

Jan Ekstrand thinks every hamstring injury is preventable. “All of them?” I asked him during a Skype conversation last week. “Yeah, I think so,” he replied.

Ekstrand, director of the Football Research Group, coauthored a recent report in the British Journal of Sports Medicine that found “hamstring injury has been the single most common injury type in professional [soccer] for many years.” The BJSM study, which tracked soccer players from 36 clubs in 12 European countries between 2001 and 2014, also found that hamstring injuries have risen among pro soccer players. During the 13-year study period, average rates of hamstring injuries climbed 2.3 percent from year to year, and the most pronounced bump happened during practice — hamstring injuries acquired during training rose by 4 percent per year.

That’s odd because other types of injury, like ankle sprains and medial collateral ligament strains, have decreased. It’s the hamstring that we can’t seem to get right. But why?

One possible reason is that the intensity of play has increased. “Hamstring injuries are most common during high velocity activities — it’s the sprinter’s injury,” Ekstrand said, noting that the number of fast sprints in soccer matches also rose during the study period. Sprinting isn’t going to suddenly disappear from soccer, so Ekstrand’s thoughts have turned toward other approaches to prevention. An exercise program called the Nordic hamstring protocol has been shown to decrease the risk of acute hamstring injuries in soccer by at least 50 percent, by strengthening the hamstring muscles in their “eccentric” phase.

The Nordic hamstring protocol is quick and simple. But it doesn’t work if you don’t do it, and a study Ekstrand and his colleagues published a few months ago found that very few teams in the UEFA Champions League have adopted the program.1 There’s no single reason why, he said. Some teams don’t use it because it’s not soccer-specific. “The mantra among many coaches is, to increase performance, everything in training should be sport-specific,” Ekstrand said. The Nordic exercise, which requires kneeling on the ground and leaning forward, is unlike anything you see in a typical soccer match.

Pancake!

edit: Hadn't even thought about him in years. his wikipedia entry: :lol: :lol:

He scored his first goal, after producing an impressive bit of skill before mullering the ball in off the crossbar in a 2–0 home victory over Watford after coming on as a substitute on 5 December 2009.[3]

I went to Barnsley away during the Championship season and Pancrate was through on goal and managed to sky his shot miles over the bar, he then came towards the away fans and started clapping them, it was all a bit weird

Elano :lol: a one-season wonder like Michu.

Bloody hell, Michu's now playing in the 4th tier of Spanish football!

Remember the Watford manager (MacKay?) complaining after that Pancrate goal about something like 'god knows how much we paid for Pancrate'. Aye, nothing.