Honduras

Algeria

Portugal

Argentina

What's this? ???

Mens Olympic football.

I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS.

Guest neesy111

In the box I'd agree with that but you could still make a genuine attempt at the ball, foul the man denying a clear shot, and only end up conceding a free-kick with 11 men.

Does that come under accidental?  I don't think so.

In the box I'd agree with that but you could still make a genuine attempt at the ball, foul the man denying a clear shot, and only end up conceding a free-kick with 11 men.

:lol:

ON is being my pet hate tonight Neesy... :lol:

That's my point though. If it's accidental and stops a clear scoring opportunity, it should still be a red imo. Unless in the box then it's not a denying a clear chance because there's a free shot from 12-yards to come.

As if this is good news. Teams like us will get the red card because it was deliberate, and bigger teams will only get a yellow because it's accidental.

It's going to encourage defenders going for the tackle even more now surely? As long as it's not blatantly obvious a la Solksjaer, defenders will be more likely to take a chance on tackling the man knowing if he wins the ball great, if not, he's only going to get booked and still stopped them scoring.

As if this is good news. Teams like us will get the red card because it was deliberate, and bigger teams will only get a yellow because it's accidental.

It's going to encourage defenders going for the tackle even more now surely? As long as it's not blatantly obvious a la Solksjaer, defenders will be more likely to take a chance on tackling the man knowing if he wins the ball great, if not, he's only going to get booked and still stopped them scoring.

Referee interpretation in this country is a joke, it only ever goes one way, this will be used as another way to fuck over smaller teams for the benefit of the big ones. Simply getting rid of the double jeopardy rule or keeping it as it would have been far better.

The International Football Association Board (IFAB) has published changes to the laws of the game for the 2016/17 season, the most notable altering sending-off and cautionable offences inside the penalty area.

The previous 'triple-punishment' rule meant that a player who denied a goal-scoring opportunity was automatically red-carded and handed a suspension, as well as giving away a penalty.

That's from the post on the last page.  Makes it sound like it's for inside the box, only.  But then it's not 100% clear as the article goes on and the BBC link, makes it even less clear. 

I agree with you.  This new rule should apply to fouls inside the penalty area, only.  It should have been brought in ages ago.

If Atletico where away I would have them as strong favourites. Pep, who has seemingly taken every club/season he's been in management to the CL semi's - has a very poor away record in CL KO football. He draws and loses more away ties than he should. Being at home in the away match is a huge advantage. Still probably have Atletico as favourites.

In any case that's a brilliant tie. Simeone vs Pep for the first time? Perhaps met in Simeone's first year at Atleti .

Would be brilliant for Atletico to not only beat the 3 favourites but to avenge the clubs that have beat them in previous CL finals too.

I can smell the 11th though.....