2013 Confederations Cup - Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

ponsaelius

Brazil will murder Spain if they're allowed to create half as many chances as Nigeria and Italy did like.

Been saying this for a few days now, Spain are so much easier to get at when they play just Busquets as the DM instead of Busquets and Alonso.

No coincidence at all that Spain controlled things a lot more once Martinez came on i know he played further forward but he made them more solid as a whole.

If Spain persist with the 4-3-3 they have used so far this tournament i can see Brazil winning i seriously can.

ThreatLevel has just reminded everyone that Lineker's in Town shut down ages ago :lol:

What a s***-tip that bar was...

I'll forever remember that place after one of my mate's projectile vomited on command on the dancefloor about three times in the space of ten minutes. :lol:

Brazil will murder Spain if they're allowed to create half as many chances as Nigeria and Italy did like.

I definitely agree with this. Spain have some sort of juju around their goal. It incredible how many fantastic chances have been missed against them in the past two matches. They have looked nothing like the side that are champions three times over. I know this tournament is of less import, but the Spain sides of 2010 and 2012 especially were very defensively oriented. They have not allowed a goal in the knockout stages of any of the last three major tournaments, and in 2010 and 2012 it is hard to remember them conceding chances. Alba especially looks so frail on the counter. Is the absence of Xabi that crucial?

ThreatLevel has just reminded everyone that Lineker's in Town shut down ages ago :lol:

What a s***-tip that bar was...

I'll forever remember that place after one of my mate's projectile vomited on command on the dancefloor about three times in the space of ten minutes. :lol:

:laugh: Sums it up like.

I definitely agree with this. Spain have some sort of juju around their goal. It incredible how many fantastic chances have been missed against them in the past two matches. They have looked nothing like the side that are champions three times over. I know this tournament is of less import, but the Spain sides of 2010 and 2012 especially were very defensively oriented. They have not allowed a goal in the knockout stages of any of the last three major tournaments, and in 2010 and 2012 it is hard to remember them conceding chances. Alba especially looks so frail on the counter. Is the absence of Xabi that crucial?

We only play with one DM without Xabi (Martínez could easily fill in though). Thing is, that when Alba runs forward, Busquets is the one that covers, either by him moving to the left, or filling in as CB while Piqué drifts to the left. Either way he leaves a hole in the center that Alonso would usually cover.

To be frank, I'm enjoying our matches more this way. I don't care that much about this tin cup, and I expect VDB going back to his usual more conservative self for the real cup.

We only play with one DM without Xabi (Martínez could easily fill in though). Thing is, that when Alba runs forward, Busquets is the one that covers, either by him moving to the left, or filling in as CB while Piqué drifts to the left. Either way he leaves a hole in the center that Alonso would usually cover.

To be frank, I'm enjoying our matches more this way. I don't care that much about this tin cup, and I expect VDB going back to his usual more conservative self for the real cup.

:thup: I usually find Spain in big tournaments to be sleep inducing, so the matches here have been an extremely enjoyable surprise. I can see why he approaches games that way though. Such an open style combined with a lack of a clinical finisher upfront and defensively questionable full backs is a bad recipe and extenuates the team's few flaws rather than their many strengths.

Anyone seen the replay of the Neymar dive from last night?

http://gamevip.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/badwrestling.gif

I raise you

http://www.elobservador.com.uy/extras/gifs_animados_neymar/ney3.gif

27 years since the last Spain - Brazil competitive match. I actually remember that game... Sócrates scored :smitten:

http://himg2.huanqiu.com/attachment2010/2013/0108/20130108092457889.jpg

;)