RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

It could be worse though, you could have an owner who changes your colours to red, wears short sleeved team shirts over his shirt and tie and tucks it into his trousers that reaches his armpits, then sacks a successful recruitemt chief and appoints his sons mate who'd been painting the stands and don't have a visa in his place.  :idiot2:  ;D

I'm hoping we can add to their misery today  O0

I think the media are just going for it whilst they can.  It is certainly being mentioned a lot on the radio today.

I had thought that this was just one of those stories that you wanted to be true but wasn't but Steve Howey said it was true on the radio last week and I guess he would have heard directly from one of the ex NUFC lot at Birmingham.

What does this prick actually do other than embarrass the club on a regular basis? Oh wait, that's exactly why he was brought in.

He's an example of Ashley doing things detrimental to the football club when he's upset, like Pardew pointed out.

Although most likely not written by him, his programme column had quite an interesting piece on FFP on Saturday, stuff I certainly didn't know anyway.

It will be a huge step forward for football if it is effectively implemented and policed.

Although most likely not written by him, his programme column had quite an interesting piece on FFP on Saturday, stuff I certainly didn't know anyway.

It will be a huge step forward for football if it is effectively implemented and policed.

Would be amazed if he's even read them never mind written them.  I think that page is just the club trying to prove his worth and he is probably oblivious to the content.

Do we really think that Shepherd or Llambias ever sat down and wrote their own articles either, like? Or that our various managers/captains have?

At best they'll sit down with an interviewer for the programme who will cobble answers together into a fluent piece.

Do we really think that Shepherd or Llambias ever sat down and wrote their own articles either, like? Or that our various managers/captains have?

At best they'll sit down with an interviewer for the programme who will cobble answers together into a fluent piece.

Indeed.

In addition to that you can say the same of, with minimal exceptions, every football autobiography and every footballer's newspaper column that has ever been written.

But hey, just like X-Factor and Big Brother stories, the public just can't get enough of them.

Actually, Shepherd dictated what he wanted in his notes. Quite hands on with it.

Dictating ain't writing like, I've no doubt that they'll occasionally set the tone themselves when something needs saying but the idea of any of them sitting down and typing away is laughable (which is what keeps popping up re: Kinnear after every home match :lol:).

• 4 weeks later...

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 4m

Joe Kinnear has announced new plans for #nufc to redevelop the club training ground. Says there will be "state of the art" facilities

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 1m

Kinnear: "We are delighted to now be announcing plans for a training complex which will rival any in Europe." #nufc

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 49s

JK: "Our current training ground has served the Club very well but the new complex will give us all of the ingredients that we need" #nufc

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 1m

Kinnear also says it will help attract new players: "It will also be an added attraction when we are looking to recruit players." #nufc

Expand