RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Got to love Ashley. Just when you hear that he's taking down his horrible ads at SJP, he decides to appoint JFK

The only way he might make up for this poor excuse of an appointment in JFK is if he gets rid of Pardew and brings in a decent manager.

Then what decent manager can work under JFK? none.

This is a farce.

If Pardew goes Kinnear will take over.

Has to be a sick joke. Nothing this summer so far has changed my opinion that we are among favourites for relegation next year. There are just no signs that we are going to improve on last year for me.

Guest bimpy474

All he will be doing is identifying and trying to buy players, hardly worth burning a season ticket over. Pardew is in charge of coaching, tactics etc. How do we know he won't be brilliant at the job?

That's not the role of a DoF at all. Identifying players is what a (chief) scout does, and it just so happens we have a brilliant one already. Buying players is what a chairman/executive does. A DoF needs to set the football philosophy, and make sure every manager and coach, from the first team to the youth teams, play to a coherent system. I guess he's also an adviser to the executives when it comes to football matters. What makes Joe fucking Kinnear even remotely qualified for such a position?

Being a professional footballer and manager, and International manager i would guess. Not sure that makes him any good at it mind.

Think I might just turn into a fanatical WWE fan, that shots more real than NUFC now.

This would be a classic WWW storyline. Just need Marc Henry to shag the tea lady and we could get a slot on RAW

Give me Paul Heyman over JFK any day.

Guest bimpy474

The only way he might make up for this poor excuse of an appointment in JFK is if he gets rid of Pardew and brings in a decent manager.

This is a farce.

He wont, he's done with management. This type of role is just what he wanted.

This is a farce.

Yes. I fear that this is the case.

Is this just...what? It's not even a position we need to fill ffs, let alone to fill it with someone who has already fucking failed at the club. Can only think they're lining him up for the manager job when they sack Pardew. For being such a shrewd businessman Ashley is really a shitty businessman.

This is a farce.

I absolutely believe this 100%. Kinnear is the go-to guy if/when Pardew gets bulleted before Xmas.

Think I might just turn into a fanatical WWE fan, that shots more real than NUFC now.

This would be a classic WWW storyline. Just need Marc Henry to shag the tea lady and we could get a slot on RAW

Give me Paul Heyman over JFK any day.

I'd take Shane McMahon as DOF over Kinnear

Will Stephanie's big titties make an appearance on match day.

This is a farce.

I absolutely believe this 100%. Kinnear is the go-to guy if/when Pardew gets bulleted before Xmas.

They want to take any joy away from Pardew's sacking. We either have to hope for the impossible (that Pardew turns it around) or we get Kinnear to put the final nail in our coffin.

Got to love Ashley. Just when you hear that he's taking down his horrible ads at SJP, he decides to appoint JFK

A piece of good news must always be followed by a piece of bad, as per Ashley's dynamic equilibrium of shitness.

Mark Douglas‏@MsiDouglas6m

Am stunned. Absolutely stunned. What does it mean for AP? How can man out of the game for 4 years relate? #nufc

:lol: :lol:

Fair play to Douglas. A completely appropriate and understandable reaction. Ranks up there with Aston Villa paying for McCleish. The kind of move that gives you genuine pause for thought as to why self-sabotage would benefit Ashley.

Am stunned. Absolutely stunned. What does it mean for AP? How can man out of the game for 4 years relate? #nufc

:lol: as if him being out of the game for four years is even the issue

Not only that, he was out of the game for four years previous to joining us the first time too. That's a few months experience out of 8 years :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Fair play to Douglas. A completely appropriate and understandable reaction.

All of the journo's are the same, apart from Lee Ryder who dare not question his masters.

All he will be doing is identifying and trying to buy players, hardly worth burning a season ticket over. Pardew is in charge of coaching, tactics etc. How do we know he won't be brilliant at the job?

That's not the role of a DoF at all. Identifying players is what a (chief) scout does, and it just so happens we have a brilliant one already. Buying players is what a chairman/executive does. A DoF needs to set the football philosophy, and make sure every manager and coach, from the first team to the youth teams, play to a coherent system. I guess he's also an adviser to the executives when it comes to football matters. What makes Joe f***ing Kinnear even remotely qualified for such a position?

Being a professional footballer and manager, and International manager i would guess. Not sure that makes him any good at it mind.

He's also a gobshite who loves the limelight, while the position requires intelligence and constraint, i.e.working behind the scenes. His record in football isn't exactly great, is it? I'd never even heard of him before he was appointed our manager. His time here was the stuff of nightmares, and now we look like re-appointing him. If we were to go for another DoF setup, it would have to be somebody with a proven track record, a passion for the club and a clear football vision. Somebody like Keegan would be ideal (in combination with an up and coming manager), but that will never happen under this buffoon of an owner.

Guest bimpy474

Not only that, he was out of the game for four years previous to joining us the first time too. That's a few months experience out of 8 years :lol:

Pilko said earlier, he was scouting for Wenger then.