RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I'm glad he's gone but ultimately he's a figurehead turned sacrificial lamb by Ashley. If not for the spate of ST cancellations he would still be around.

Like someone mentioned earlier, the club gets no credit with this decision as they did with SJP turned SDA turned SJP. We should be keeping up the pressure considering MA is clearly affected by fans cancelling their STs but I suspect JFK leaving will be enough to turn a significant number of heads buying into Ashley's manipulation again.

don't think this will affect all that much at all

Me neither, part of the smokescreen to deflect attention.  Would not be surprised if ths was always the intention at some point.  Employ incompetent buffoons who are easy to get rid of when things get tough.

Nothing changes for me, it's neither good nor bad news, it's just news. If you're terminally ill getting a haircut means fuck all.

Good news in general,

The optimist in me thinks that Joe’s inability to get the job done, his general personality has cost players or he has alienated himself with his woeful people skills.

The pessimist in me thinks that he was here as a way to deflect negativity from Ashley and other areas of the club and that he was prepared for a tidy sum to be the fall guy. However once the crowds started to turn and the club realised he couldn’t be the scape goat they had all hoped for he was told his time was done. He was either pushed or told he can stay with next to no power or stature and the old goat walked.

Similar to the management situation I have no faith in them making a correct appointment following this wouldn’t be surprised if the lack of a director at his level they use it as an excuse for slow to no movement over the summer.

No doubt wont have to wait long for the idiot to come out guns blazing with a statement or two.

Guest Bert Shaft

No doubt Joe will be looking forward to reading his10,000 sympathy letters

from the fans telling him what a fantastic job he has been doing and saying

how much he will be missed.

Good news in general,

The optimist in me thinks that Joe’s inability to get the job done, his general personality has cost players or he has alienated himself with his woeful people skills.

The pessimist in me thinks that he was here as a way to deflect negativity from Ashley and other areas of the club and that he was prepared for a tidy sum to be the fall guy. However once the crowds started to turn and the club realised he couldn’t be the scape goat they had all hoped for he was told his time was done. He was either pushed or told he can stay with next to no power or stature and the old goat walked.

Similar to the management situation I have no faith in them making a correct appointment following this wouldn’t be surprised if the lack of a director at his level they use it as an excuse for slow to no movement over the summer.

No doubt wont have to wait long for the idiot to come out guns blazing with a statement or two.

Maybe even joe Felt let down and embarrassed by Ashleys lack of funding and thought fuck this.