RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

The only sensible take on this is that Ashley is using that fukcwit as a tool (pun or not?) to push Pardew over the edge. We know he has very little dignity but bringing in Joe "fukcing" Kinnear would test the resolve of anybody, what worries me is that both of them are so thick they may not worry at all.

It may turn out to be a very sublime piece of business from fatboy if Pards does step down, ashley pays no compensation and we get a decent manager and Joe is sacked after three days in the job...

Anyway, positive slant welcome as only other alternative is ignoring nufc for the meanwhile :'( :fool:

The last person you could trust or confide in is Kinnear.  If he is the link between Pardew and the boardroom, how can Pardew even begin to trust him?  The guy has no grasp on reality and every sentence he utters is a lie. 

Can this really be Ashley's way of pushing Pardew towards the exit door because he doesn't want to pay out the compo.  There was no need to give Pardew an 8 year deal - he wasn't further enough into his deal to even be given a new contract and everyone else thought it was an idiotic thing to do at the time.  If he wants rid then he should just man up and admit he made a mistake and sack Pardew.

Could this result in yet another lawsuit for constructuve dismissal.

Guest Phil K

There's a certain inevitability about this situation. It's not going to end well, is it?

A bit of an understatement.

Maybe Ashley thinks that if we get through next season NOT relegated we'd be so astonished we'd regard it as "success" ?

IMO it's just a classic bad decision by Ashley and not indicative of any long plot / nefarious scheming against Pardew. Ashley isn't that clever; he's about as subtle and politically nimble as a thermonuclear device.

If Ashley wanted Kinnear as manager he wouldn't go through the trouble of hiring him as DoF to pressure/irritate Pardew into eventually, maybe, resigning, he'd just sack Pardew and put Joe in. I'm reasonably sure Ashley drew up Pardew's contract with myriad "outs" that don't involve compensation.

I also don't think Kinnear will manage us again. We have had 4 years with countless opportunities to bring him back but we didn't

The position he holds is still scary though.

I think if Pardew can hang in there a bit longer, he is actually someone capable of showing the board how bad and out of control Kinnear really is. The best way we can help this club right now is support Pardew,  and help him rid us of the ghost of Kinnear once and for all.

I wonder what Ashley thinks when every journalist (national and local) says it is a ridiculous decision and can only result in disaster and that their perception is that it is a deliberate attempt to undermine Pardew.

They cannot accuse the fans of being hysterical in this instance because everyone is totally bewildered by it.

On Sky this morning, the journalist said that Kinnear was the oldest of old school and that a Premier League coach he knew was just incredulous that such a decision could have been made.  At least he mentioned that Kinnear has a slim grasp on reality if only referencing the fact that he said he had won 3 managers of the year when infact it had only been once.

I wish the journalists would challenge Kinnear when he says these things rather than just let him continually spout such nonsense.

Has there been any confirmation from the club yet? The only quotes I've seen so far have been from Kinnear himself, and nobody seems to be quoting any 'anonymous sources' either. I wonder if there's some confusion behind the scenes.

Presumably some clarification is going to be coming from the club today.

Guest neesy111

Has there been any confirmation from the club yet? The only quotes I've seen so far have been from Kinnear himself, and nobody seems to be quoting any 'anonymous sources' either. I wonder if there's some confusion behind the scenes.

You're in denial, if you think its a joke from Kinnears side.

Normally an appointment like this is announced by the club. This story seems to be coming entirely from Kinnear. It's unusual.

It's the only hope we have at this time. :)

I feel sick.