RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I'd rather have Kinnear and Pardew than just Pardew. Get things more football-focused at the top of the club and challenge Pardews brain-farts when it comes to tactics and strategy

Can see Kinnear sorting out the split dressing-room  :lol:

So two know nowt wankers are better than one? Righto :lol:

Two mongs make a right

Just had this conversation with my mam...

Me "It's beyond belief, I cannot stand that man"

Mam "I hope he has a heart attack and dies"

Me "Maammmm, you can't say that man"

Mam "Well, people die of heart attacks on the time, so why not him"

:serious:

She's got a point.

Sort what out? Pardew isn't capable, if he could be a good coach he would be, but he isn't so he won't. Pressure won't make any difference.

It's not as if Kinnear will bring any new ideas. When he was manager he sat on his arse in the training ground while Hughton took the sessions. And players like Martins didn't even turn up! :lol:

Guest icemanblue

I wonder if there's legs in the story that Derek backed Pardew, when Ashley wanted him gone. Perhaps Mike's now lashing out from a position of insecurity? Putting his man in the mix, to prevent having to make a payout to dispose of, at least, two members of staff?

It's plausible.

Posted something similar on the previous page. Then I read JFK's comments in the Chronicle which imply that Llambias is onside with this. Mind you I question my sanity at attaching credence to any comments by JFK. I am struggling to understand this but can only come to the conclusion that it is Ashley playing games to ruffle feathers - but whose? There are theories around that he has done this to p1ss the fanbase off but I am not buying that. His targets are AP, DL or both.     

It's as clear as it's always been that anything Kinnear says is pure fantasy. He's Ashley's man on the ground here, like. I'm absolutely convinced he is. Something is massively amiss in the boardroom. There were a few separate stories last year about a fallout between Ashley and Llambias, which were dismissed at the time. That, coupled with the stories of the disagreement over whether to stick with Pards, has resulted in our current plight.

I wonder if there's legs in the story that Derek backed Pardew, when Ashley wanted him gone. Perhaps Mike's now lashing out from a position of insecurity? Putting his man in the mix, to prevent having to make a payout to dispose of, at least, two members of staff?

It's plausible.

Posted something similar on the previous page. Then I read JFK's comments in the Chronicle which imply that Llambias is onside with this. Mind you I question my sanity at attaching credence to any comments by JFK. I am struggling to understand this but can only come to the conclusion that it is Ashley playing games to ruffle feathers - but whose? There are theories around that he has done this to p1ss the fanbase off but I am not buying that. His targets are AP, DL or both.     

It's as clear as it's always been that anything Kinnear says is pure fantasy. He's Ashley's man on the ground here, like. I'm absolutely convinced he is. Something is massively amiss in the boardroom. There were a few separate stories last year about a fallout between Ashley and Llambias, which were dismissed at the time. That, coupled with the stories of the disagreement over whether to stick with Pards, has resulted in our current plight.

That would actually be the best explanation, nothing to do with football makes sense at all.

It's plausible.

It's what all signs point to. Why would Ashley let someone come in, undermine 2 people at once, and shout so much what seem like orders and clarification? It's like he's been given a remit by Ashley to go and out and stamp this stuff down.

Why else would anyone allow such a useless old man go on and on about something such as this?

Why exactly are we looking to 'shift' players? The squad is small enough as it is.

Exactly. The squad is tiny. We know a lot of the squad are not good enough but that is down to their "11 purples policy" are they saying now that we want like 23 purple players?

Why exactly are we looking to 'shift' players? The squad is small enough as it is.

because even though our squad is small players like jonas, gosling, williamson and obertan still have to be replaced imo.

Exactly. The squad is tiny. We know a lot of the squad are not good enough but that is down to their "11 purples policy" are they saying now that we want like 23 purple players?

whooaaa there....trying to bankrupt us like?

It's plausible.

It's what all signs point to. Why would Ashley let someone come in, undermine 2 people at once, and shout so much what seem like orders and clarification? It's like he's been given a remit by Ashley to go and out and stamp this stuff down.

Why else would anyone allow such a useless old man go on and on about something such as this?

Or, he's been appointed as DOF because they want another 'football person' there, and because Ashley trusts him, and he just happens to be a gob shite?

Guest Spark

because even though our squad is small players like jonas, gosling, williamson and obertan still have to be replaced imo.

I probably agree with Gosling and Obertan but I would actually keep Jonas and Williamson as 4th choice or whatever. I guess the main problem is my imagination running wild and picturing better players getting 'shifted' because the oracle of player judgement Joe Cunting Kinnear doesn't rate them.

Guest icemanblue

It's plausible.

Or, he's been appointed as DOF because they want another 'football person' there, and because Ashley trusts him, and he just happens to be a gob shite?

Anything is possible with these lot, I guess. I just think the available evidence points to Ashley reasserting his control over the day to day running of the club. Waiting until he's got his man in place before committing to any player sales or purchases. Like he felt he needed to when Hughton got too close to the players, perhaps he now feels Llambias is now too close to Pardew.

The reason there has been no official confirmation of the appointment is because nobody in a position of seniority had a clue it was being made. We've long suspected that Derek is the voice behind each embarrassing club statement, so if he's been blindsided with this news, who is left to officially comment?

It's plausible.

Or, he's been appointed as DOF because they want another 'football person' there, and because Ashley trusts him, and he just happens to be a gob s****?

:lol: Football Person is a bit of a stretch. If that's the case, and this is the best football man Ashley could find.... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking hell.