RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I think we'll have a crap summer window, Pardew will lose his job, Kinnear gets the job.

The Pardew out crew really forgot who they were dealing with. "Careful what you wish for" etc

Mike Ashley is like that genie that grants wishes too literally.

I just don't know where people got the idea Ashley had half a clue from.

The scouting and some very good incoming transfers for me.  Seemed he only needed to get the most important role at the club right and we were on to a winner.

Won't make the same error again.

It definitely seemed like he was learning in a lot of respects. Fuck knows why he has to make an absolutely monumental error before he can improve something like.

Let's just move to the SPL until we get our shit together. Couple CL runs, some cash. Trophy or two.

:lol: Christ. That actually sounds appealing.

:lol: I was being a dick until I realized that I really want to do this.

I think we'll have a crap summer window, Pardew will lose his job, Kinnear gets the job.

The Pardew out crew really forgot who they were dealing with. "Careful what you wish for" etc

A modern retelling of the Monkey's paw. :lol: "I wish pardew would just fuck off!" *one finger ominously curls up*

Guest Haris Vuckic

The scouting and some very good incoming transfers for me.  Seemed he only needed to get the most important role at the club right and we were on to a winner.

The scouting was Carr and the criteria was that the players are cheap because Ashley won't spend. Give Carr proper money and lord knows what he could do.

For me he made a monumental error in not investing properly in the summer, not sorting Ba's contract out and not replacing Ba.

A modern retelling of the Monkey's paw. :lol: "I wish pardew would just fuck off!" *one finger ominously curls up*

"I wish Ashley would sell the fucking team." *Joe Kinnear buys a Euro Millions ticket on a whim.*

Let's just move to the SPL until we get our shit together. Couple CL runs, some cash. Trophy or two.

We'd probably get Ibrox'd. :lol:

If we can't win the SPL then we should just get some lacrosse sticks and gear.

The scouting was Carr and the criteria was that the players are cheap because Ashley won't spend. Give Carr proper money and lord knows what he could do.

For me he made a monumental error in not investing properly in the summer, not sorting Ba's contract out and not replacing Ba.

You won't find me disagreeing with any of that, I just thought there were signs we could get enough canny players in to make it work to some degree.

:lol: Right de-rail but honestly what the fuck is Lacrosse? Seems like a right fuck about with some NFL gear and some bullshit rod with a net.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You won't find me disagreeing with any of that, I just thought there were signs we could get enough canny players in to make it work to some degree.

Yeah fair enough. I was being overly negative and teasing saying they'd appoint Curbishley I didn't think they could get it this wrong even in a DOF context.

:lol: Right de-rail but honestly what the fuck is Lacrosse? Seems like a right fuck about with some NFL gear and some bullshit rod with a net.

It's hockey on a field with assault mixed in. It's awesome if you like being beat to fuck with sticks and praying you don't get hit with the ball.

The white man's hockey, man.

Whiter than actual hockey?

I'd say less white. We had Lacrosse at my black as hell school. We used to go to the white schools and just hit them with the sticks.

Still no official word from the club on such a hugely important role.

They're clearly taking the piss. It's a fucking joke.

He's the club, man. All statements come from him. His constant spout of shit is the statement.

Whiter than actual hockey?

I'd say less white. We had Lacrosse at my black as hell school. We used to go to the white schools and just hit them with the sticks.

Mike proving once again he's the hugest bigot on the forum.

Cheers for clearing up what it is for me though.

You racist bastard.

Sorry for repeating myself, but the only reasoning I can fathom for this is to oust the manager. The story about transfers is a facade - it's utter bullshit and they're mugs for thinking we should believe that. The transfer policy isn't perfect by any stretch but in theory there's nothing wrong with it; it's a rigorous strategy that they are incredibly stubborn about. It is the last policy I could see them wanting to change. I'd imagine they're probably damn proud of it, and pissed themselves laughing at the rest of the league when we signed Sissoko for a couple of million. The idea that they want to implement someone new to identify players and demand they're signed is a nonsense. Why would they, when it's something they're so strict about?

They're systematically trying to remove a manager they - by their own fault - can't afford to sack. I'm not entirely sure if Kinnear's the ready-made replacement; they can't afford to lose a manager to health issues again. They've seen it happen first-hand and - probably in their opinion - his exit cost us our place in the Premier League (their chief and only ambition). That being said, if anyone is idiotic enough to believe a deluded fairy tale, it's Ashley and Llambias and I wouldn't be surprised if Kinnear's convinced them that he is in a stable bill of health, even if he's 5 years older now.

I expect Pardew gone before the start of the season, regardless of the replacement.

I just can't get over this at all. I was devastated when Bobby left. I was furious when Souness was appointed. I was devastated with the way the Keegan/Wise saga transpired. I was gutted when they sacked Hughton. But this is the pick of the bunch for me. It is absolutely disgusting. It's embarrassing, deflating, filled with contempt, spite and general cluelessness. This is the only thing in the history of the club that has made me say to myself "right, that's it - I'm not going any more". If that's melodramatic, so be it. I've privately scoffed at people who have said that in the past - but right now, the people in charge have made me not want to support the club I utterly adore and cherish beyond anything other than my family - and it's the first time I've been able to say anything like that and actually mean it.

Obviously I will, but from a distance. I can't get over how utterly deplorable and devastating this decision is. I cannot fucking believe this absolutely loathesome individual is representing my club again.