RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I know where you're coming from Yorkie. But to me it doesn't make sense that this a ploy to oust Pardew... it seems as though they could have just sacked him if they wanted.

Why? Not being arsey, just interested because I can't see any other explanation for it at all.

Sorry for repeating myself, but the only reasoning I can fathom for this is to oust the manager. The story about transfers is a facade - it's utter bullshit and they're mugs for thinking we should believe that. The transfer policy isn't perfect by any stretch but in theory there's nothing wrong with it; it's a rigorous strategy that they are incredibly stubborn about. It is the last policy I could see them wanting to change. I'd imagine they're probably damn proud of it, and pissed themselves laughing at the rest of the league when we signed Sissoko for a couple of million. The idea that they want to implement someone new to identify players and demand they're signed is a nonsense. Why would they, when it's something they're so strict about?

They're systematically trying to remove a manager they - by their own fault - can't afford to sack. I'm not entirely sure if Kinnear's the ready-made replacement; they can't afford to lose a manager to health issues again. They've seen it happen first-hand and - probably in their opinion - his exit cost us our place in the Premier League (their chief and only ambition). That being said, if anyone is idiotic enough to believe a deluded fairy tale, it's Ashley and Llambias and I wouldn't be surprised if Kinnear's convinced them that he is in a stable bill of health, even if he's 5 years older now.

I expect Pardew gone before the start of the season, regardless of the replacement.

I just can't get over this at all. I was devastated when Bobby left. I was furious when Souness was appointed. I was devastated with the way the Keegan/Wise saga transpired. I was gutted when they sacked Hughton. But this is the pick of the bunch for me. It is absolutely disgusting. It's embarrassing, deflating, filled with contempt, spite and general cluelessness. This is the only thing in the history of the club that has made me say to myself "right, that's it - I'm not going any more". If that's melodramatic, so be it. I've privately scoffed at people who have said that in the past - but right now they've made me not want to support the club I utterly adore and cherish - and it's the first time I've been able to say anything like that and actually mean it.

Obviously I will, but from a distance. I can't get over how utterly deplorable and devastating this decision is. I cannot fucking believe this absolutely loathesome individual is representing my club again.

I'm starting to think this more and more and I'd also add some loathing for MA; the don of disgrace, the kaiser of callousness, the mogul of mediocrity. The moment he is gone is the moment I truly gain hope for this club again.

I've said I'm finished with this club so many times before, but I never am.  It's like how Michael Bluth always walks out saying "that's it, I'm done with this family" before getting sucked right back in.

I know where you're coming from Yorkie. But to me it doesn't make sense that this a ploy to oust Pardew... it seems as though they could have just sacked him if they wanted.

Why? Not being arsey, just interested because I can't see any other explanation for it at all.

It just seems more likely that Ashley actually rates Kinnear and wants him around. Like I say, surely it would have been easier to just sack Pardew.

Whiter than actual hockey?

I'd say less white. We had Lacrosse at my black as hell school. We used to go to the white schools and just hit them with the sticks.

:lol:

I've been watching lacrosse on ESPN a bit lately, due to being laid up with my leg in plaster. It's not the worst sport i've watched in the last week.

I can see why people are doing it but it seems pointless trying to evaluate the logic of the decision-making at NUFC at this point, or to try to predict what's about to happen for that matter.  I've tried it loads of times and have generally ended up being wrong, I give up now - he'll do what he likes and that's the top and bottom of it.

It just seems more likely that Ashley actually rates Kinnear and wants him around. Like I say, surely it would have been easier to just sack Pardew.

It's a fair enough point, it's clear Ashley is a huge fan. But I'd be astonished if they didn't expect Pardew to go eventually. Aye he's a mug and he'd probably kill for a job in the Premier League - but if Kinnear's going to be as influential as he says - Pardew won't have a job, even if his name's on the door. He'll go, I'm almost certain of that.

From Wikipedia. :lol:

On 14 August on the 3 Legends radio show, it was announced that Kinnear would be re-appointed as the club's manager the following Monday, this after Kinnear had himself declared that Mike Ashley had approached him to return but that he was unable to do so immediately because of his medical condition. However, with Mike Ashley taking the club off the market and Chris Hughton securing an excellent start to the season for Newcastle, Kinnear never got his return to St James' Park. He nevertheless claimed that, following Hughton's sacking in December 2010, he was approached by Mike Ashley about becoming manager, but this was never confirmed.

Nothing would surprise me.

If Ashley has hired Kinnear to get rid of Pardew, then who in their right mind is going to want to manage us? He'd basically be stabbing Pards in the back, can't see anyone wanting to work for a conniving owner.

If Ashley has hired Kinnear to get rid of Pardew, then who in their right mind is going to want to manage us? He'd basically be stabbing Pards in the back, can't see anyone wanting to work for a conniving owner.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/assets/SportPhotos/2013-06/_resampled/SetWidth638-joe-kinnear.jpg

Guest bimpy474

Ashley hasn't hired JFK to undermine Pardew ffs. He doesn't need to, he could have just sacked Pardew, he could have done a number of things. To say it's to make Pardew quit is to give Ashley too much credit and just pie in the sky thinking. Pardew is perfect for Ashley model, plain and simple.

Ashley wants a DOF, i think that's been obvious from outset, and now with us buying players from abroad trying to get the club to be more like clubs in France and Germany etc. That's fine but to have JFK and Pardew as you two key men is nothing short of insanity. Copying the continental, model is fine, but not with two hoofball, set it their ways British rank bad/average clowns in the front seats guiding us along the way.

Ashley hasn't hired JFK to undermine Pardew ffs. He doesn't need to, he could have just sacked Pardew, he could have done a number of things. To say it's to make Pardew quit is to give Ashley too much credit and just pie in the sky thinking. Pardew is perfect for Ashley model, plain and simple.

Ashley wants a DOF, i think that's been obvious from outset, and now with us buying players from abroad trying to get the club to be more like clubs in France and Germany etc. That's fine but to have JFK and Pardew as you two key men is nothing short of insanity. Copying the continental, model is fine, but not with two hoofball, set it their ways British rank bad/average in the front seats.

he could sack Pardew but that would cost money and a lot of it

Guest bimpy474

Ashley wants a DOF, i think that's been obvious from outset, and now with us buying players from abroad trying to get the club to be more like clubs in France and Germany etc. That's fine but to have JFK and Pardew as you two key men is nothing short of insanity. Copying the continental, model is fine, but not with two hoofball, set it their ways British rank bad/average in the front seats.

Don't think so, i'm one who thinks it's a small pay off, a seasons pay or a set amount. Ashley got stung with Fat Sam pay off and there's no way he would have a severance pay of 8 seasons.

Don't think so, i'm one who thinks it's a small pay off, a seasons pay or a set amount. Ashley got stung with Fat Sam pay off and there's no way he would have a severance pay of 8 seasons.

you say that but then he hire's JFK its hard to believe he'd learned from lessons when he repeats them

Guest bimpy474

Matt Collins‏@SkySportsMatt1h

Sources tell me that Andy Carroll could be going back to Newcastle. #NUFC #LFC #WHUFC

The JFK effect?

Didn't JFK rate Carroll from what i remember ?

Even if he needs to pay the full term, Pardew is reported to be the lowest paid Premie League manager in terms of basic pay. I seem to remember around the 300k mark per year. Even for 7 remaining years you'd be looking at maybe 2 million. Why go through all this trouble for the sake of 2 million if he really wanted rid, which it's clear he doesn't.

Guest bimpy474

you say that but then he hire's JFK its hard to believe he'd learned from lessons when he repeats them

I think JFK was always coming back to this DOF job, as soon as he was well enough to. I think JFK is the football man Ashley trusts (not good like), and i'm convinced the only reason he didn't at the start of last season was his son's death.

Guest bimpy474

Even if he needs to pay the full term, Pardew is reported to be the lowest paid Premie League manager in terms of basic pay. I seem to remember around the 300k mark per year. Even for 7 remaining years you'd be looking at maybe 2 million. Why go through all this trouble for the sake of 2 million if he really wanted rid, which it's clear he doesn't.

Exactly, it makes no sense and isn't worth the trouble. This set up, JFK and Pardew is just what Ashley wants.

Almost wondering if Ashley is secretly pissing himself with laughter about Kinnear shooting his mouth off at every opportunity and the consequent fallout these past 24 hours.

He has never cared about the media's view of his business or the way that he runs it, clearly doesn't care about the fans either, and may very well be patting himself on the back for launching this particular grenade into club affairs as a way of what he may see as shaking things up from top to bottom.

For me, this is his way of reasserting his authority over the club, and I just can't believe he's stupid enough not to know what the consequences of this decision would be. He's just not fucking bothered at all about what anyone thinks, as we already know too well.