RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

Not looking to replace him is a relief in many respects but it still leaves the club with nobody running things from day to day. Who the fuck is in charge?

It's clear they have to call Mashley for anything serious.

Not looking to replace him is a relief in many respects but it still leaves the club with nobody running things from day to day. Who the f*** is in charge?

John Irving and Lee Charnley, same as before, Kinnear had nothing to do with the day to day running of the club.

It would be interesting to know what brought this on. He'll have been forced out I reckon,  too stubborn to resign otherwise.  Not getting too excited incase we bring in another footballing nobody.  There was a mention of Lambias coming back on SSN. No one could be as bad as Kinnear. One of the worst men ever to be associated with this club.

Not looking to replace him is a relief in many respects but it still leaves the club with nobody running things from day to day. Who the f*** is in charge?

John Irving and Lee Charnley, same as before, Kinnear had nothing to do with the day to day running of the club.

'Before', Derek Llambias was in charge.

Looks like the summer transfer window will be fruitful!!!  :lol: :lol:

Can't wait for the apparent budget we've had these last two windows to be spent  :bluestar:

Still it's good to see us make a positive move, even if it is just a move to stop more people from cancelling their STs.

Guest Roger Kint

@SkySports_Keith: Sky Sources are telling us Newcastle are not currently looking to replace Joe Kinnear in his role as Director of Football.

One of two things here, he's looking to sell up (please be true, please be true) or either he or Pardew will be in charge of transfers from now on!!!

If he was trying to sell what difference would JFK's employment status make? Only factor would be how much he wanted to sell for(which is likely to be higher than anyone elses valuation)

Not looking to replace him is a relief in many respects but it still leaves the club with nobody running things from day to day. Who the fuck is in charge?

Hopefully not Pardew, he barely has enough days to train the players as it is! Imagine if he has to start doing their wages, making them breakfast etc, fuck.

I really dont think Kinnear had much say anyway, i really cant beleive for one second AShley is stupid enough to allow a semi drunk old bloke loose with millions of pounds...doesnt make sense.

What i could beleive is Joe chucked it when he had been instructed NOT to buy but sell only.  This pissed him off in his restricted role at the club.

Despite bad appointments at boardroom level, Ashley has been quick to boot out Wise, Llambias and now Kinnear when things haven't gone his expectations.

Hard to say how he will respond this time but perhaps does show he has higher expectations on his staff than people think.

I would imagine Pardew is vaguely in his sights, but unlike the aforementioned boardroom figures he needs a succession plan.

Despite bad appointments at boardroom level, Ashley has been quick to boot out Wise, Llambias and now Kinnear when things haven't gone his expectations.

Hard to say how he will respond this time but perhaps does show he has higher expectations on his staff than people think.

I would imagine Pardew is vaguely in his sights, but unlike the aforementioned boardroom figures he needs a succession plan.

He only booted Wise when the shit storm after KK erupted.  He had no choice.

'Before', Derek Llambias was in charge.

Llambias had two roles, player transfers and day to day control. When Llambias left Kinnear was given the football stuff and the day to day running was put in the hands of Charnley and Irving.

I definitely think he would have sacked Pardew if this season had turned out to be anywhere near as bad as last.

Excellent news and mabve, just maybe a sign of MA having got the jitters at even the whiff of unrest building.

Think many have suggeested the same, time to ramp up the pressure. No better time to attack as when you have just won a victory.

Neil made the point, I think, that maybe the swelling dissatisfaction has had an effect here...

I'm a firm believer that we have more power than we think. We may only represent 25% of income (or whatever Happy Face has demonstrated) but the fans of clubs are their very lifes blood. Despite the vast TV money, sponsorship etc...football cannot and would not exist without us.

I hope all fans can take a bit of heart and courage from this.

Talking to fans of other clubs, a lot of us are feeling ever marginalised by the owners and boards of teams and clubs we love.

We are stronger than we think imo. Time to throw off the chains of oppression and get organised.

..............................Of course this is where he now appoints Wise :)