RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

Overjoyed the stupid embarrassment has gone, obviously, one less stick I'll get hit with, but the resignation line set some alarms off. Why would he? The normal answer would be that he was given the choice between jumping or being pushed. I do wonder, though, if he was paid to get the best price for Cabaye, couldn't get Arsenal to stump up more in August after he'd pulled him out of games, and waited for PSG to come around in January. He gets £500-£600K for taking the flak for a few months, jetting around and getting pissed, sounding off like he's important, Mike gets £8M extra in his skyrocket, Cabaye goes where he really wanted to. Who loses in all that?

:okay:

It's us again, isn't it?

Shearer said on MOTD he didn't know what Kinnear even did there. Thought just occurred to me: perhaps Kinnear was only ever appointed as a fall guy/scapegoat to provide cover for Mike's intention to sign f*** all players this season.

But that would just be rank cynicism, wouldn't it?

Anything's possible TBH. It's also possible that Joe failed to do a couple of deals. Ashley has definitely made decisions as bad as appointing JFK in a genuine DOF role.

Yes - almost as bad as getting KK to walk out almost 6 years ago....

Absolutely nothing about his time here makes any sense to me at all. I've no idea why he was hired, why we let him announce his arrival like that, what his job description was or why he has now resigned. There are multiple answers to it all that are somewhat plausible IMO. Don't understand why the club won't come out and tell us why he has resigned, it's pathetic. Going to be interesting to hear what they have to say at the next fan forum meeting.

Chaos is the illusion of progress. We will now have an extended period where a "replacement" is sought, it'll take said patsy the summer to settle into the job and we'll not sign who we need, he'll repeat the kinnear inactivity until he leaves too. Cheaper than signing players.

All of which doesn't help us with what's going on with the moron in charge of stuff on the pitch.

I think this could be the beginning of the end for Ashley, we're probably becoming too much hassle for him.

:lol: You think so? People still going to games, not having to buy players, a consistent supply of three teams that are worse than us and pockets that just get fatter and fatter. I don't think he's bothered in the slightest.

I think this could be the beginning of the end for Ashley, we're probably becoming too much hassle for him.

:lol: You think so? People still going to games, not having to buy players, a consistent supply of three teams that are worse than us and pockets that just get fatter and fatter. I don't think he's bothered in the slightest.

Unfortunately I agree.

Kinnear's departure is basically a sop to the fans to try to stem the mass of ST cancellations that are taking place now...so much for those fans who justify keeping theirs by claiming cancellation won't achieve anything...!

However, you can bet your boots that he will have been paid up to the end of the season so if he HAS been getting 15 Grand a week, he has received roughly 750,000 Grand in the short and totally unproductive time he spent at the club - nice work for the Tax man who will have gained roughly half of it, but Kinnear has had a lovely little earner at the club's expense..nice to think that your ST money went partially to pay HIM, eh..?

He will have had to accept a Confidentiality clause in his final pay-off so we won't be hearing anything controversial from him with the poss exception of slating the players etc., inevitably providing us with some much-needed amusement with his translation of their names.

As there is now no transfer activity until summer, it is likely that Ashley won't replace him and leave Pardew to stew in his own juice, thereby not having to fork another salary out.

I would love to think this is a prelude to Ashley buying up Rangers and selling us but there is no guarantee of this and I doubt whether we shall hear about anything like this until the deal is all but done and that is likely to be at the end of the season because all a new owner could achieve right now is to stop the STs being cancelled and most would renew anyway if a new owner came in during the close season. Apart from loans we cannot sign new players so a new owner would have their hands tied although they COULD make behind-the-scenes plans for signings and changes in coaching/management.

Make the most of this news because there may be precious little else to get excited about in the coming weeks unless Ashley decides to dump Pardew as well which looks unlikely at this stage.

He's started getting slagged off again and he's lost his 2nd mate, he's not at thick skinned as he would like people to think.

He's started getting slagged off again and he's lost his 2nd mate, he's not at thick skinned as he would like people to think.

Trust me when I tell you that owners couldn't give a shit if the fans hate them as long as there are asses in the seat.

TBH Nicola Cortese would be the ideal person a normal person with similar tightness like Ashley would want - completely financially responsible (see his quotes about making sure Southampton be a self sufficient club) and bridging gaps by shrewd signings + managerial appointments.

Nah, not complicated and not enough turmoil for Big Mike.

TBH Nicola Cortese would be the ideal person a normal person with similar tightness like Ashley would want - completely financially responsible (see his quotes about making sure Southampton be a self sufficient club) and bridging gaps by shrewd signings + managerial appointments.

Nah, not complicated and not enough turmoil for Big Mike.

He's got a girl's name though !

1 down, two clowns to go.

Are we replacing him? Maybe Mike will see sense and do what he should have done before and call his buddy David Dein and offer him enough money to do the job properly.

Somehow I fear we will get a Ron Atkinson or El Tel.

I hope the cunt never finds employment in a footballing capacity ever again. He's too under-qualified to be the kit man at Raggy Arse Rovers.

Nice quiet retirement please Joe, you fucking unkempt shit.

I hope the cunt never finds employment in a footballing capacity ever again. He's too under-qualified to be the kit man at Raggy Arse Rovers.

Nice quiet retirement please Joe, you fucking unkempt shit.

Now that you've jinxed it, he'll be our manager by the end of next season. :yao: