RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

What in the actual fuck is this shit? :anguish:

I couldn't bring myself to listen to that full interview. Wow. Just wow

He mentioned the French players but in a positive light, and only said its a shame about their injuries.

Where? Must have missed this.. Also, there were some comments about Arab invasion in the thread. What was that all about?

The Arab invasion was how foreign money has come in and changed teams and we can't compete. He could have pt it better like .

He talked about the French lads as well, but like I say nowt negative, didnt blame them or single them out. He did say anyone not good enough will be gone. I doesnt take a rocket science to figure out who that is, if he single handedly removes Jonas from the club I'd be fucking torn, that's all I'm saying.  :lol:

:lol:

Just listened.

We were apparantley flying when he fell ill.

He won 5 out his 26 games in charge.

The first line was a lie. He started saying he met DL and then when he couldn't pronounce Llambias he changed it to Mike. :lol:

He couldn't pronounce Derek, he called him Dave.

He mentioned the French players but in a positive light, and only said its a shame about their injuries.

Tbf even Kinnear isn't stupid enough to think Cabaye etc etc are not good enough.

Well he was stupid enough to think Enrique wasn't good enough so I don't see why not.

Just listened.

We were apparantley flying when he fell ill.

He won 5 out his 26 games in charge.

The first line was a lie. He started saying he met DL and then when he couldn't pronounce Llambias he changed it to Mike. :lol:

He couldn't pronounce Derek, he called him Dave.

:lol: Fuck me.

Tbf even Kinnear isn't stupid enough to think Cabaye etc etc are not good enough.

I'd like to see who he deems not good enough. If its the likes of Williamson, gosling, perch, Obertan, Shola, Jonas, and he has a spell over mike to not only sell but replace with better quality then it might be an ok move.

It's the only hope, as already stated by myself and others, but it's all I've got and I've got to go to bed clinging on to something  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

He did say he would talk to Pardew about strengths and weaknessess that Pardew sees in the team, and then would help him shape the side, players in and out. That how it looks to me.

Well that's Jonas nailed on to stay then

Aye, although this is where the difference of opinions may come in. Just how much power will Kinnear have. To anyone who watches football Jonas is shot at this level, but only Pardew doesn't see it. I'll be amazed if Kinnear thinks Jonas is good enough.

Well he was stupid enough to think Enrique wasn't good enough so I don't see why not.

A lot on here didnt take to Enrique till the championship season, just like colo.

I'm past caring really, I hope it works out for him here but I won't hold my breath. It's going to be a weird season..

The one consolation for me is that I'd written next season off anyway, so I don't think Kinnear will make things any worse, although long term obviously there's no prospect of any respite even if Pardew gets sacked now.

Guest firetotheworks

This is going to be absolutely fucking horrific isn't it.

Get rid of that fancy dan Ben Arfa.

A lot on here didnt take to Enrique till the championship season, just like colo.

I rated him as soon as I saw him, and there were a fair few others here who did as well.

Guest bimpy474

I rated him as soon as I saw him, and there were a fair few others here who did as well.

Every manager has a player he didn't rate who went on to be a great player.

Tried watching his sky sports interview but had to stop halfway through.  The man can barely speak, "I spoke to David Lammm ......David lammmm......errrr Mike".  The news reporter couldn't stop smiling as its such a joke. 

Guest antz1uk

I'm praying to god pardew and Ashley had a conversation about him leaving and pardew said well pay up my 7 remaining years, so he's brought him in to drive him out, then kinnear will resign due to health problems! Not tat he never tried it before and we all know how that ended

Well being a newcastle fan does make you the eternal optimist.

Guest bimpy474

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

Joe Kinnear will travel to all first team fixtures with team. Scouting network will remain unchanged. #nufc

Straight forward, DOF's do that. Shame ours has Tourettes.

Not the point, it was quite split how he'd end up. Like yourself I rated him, certainly more than most, on the same hand I thought Colo was the biggest disaster the club had made since Luque.