How do the fans respond?

Dokko

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if, come the start of the season, people pack SJP and support the team as much as they can. It's enjoyable for fans, it helps the team, it's good for everyone except those who believe Ashley could be forced out by fan unrest. I don't believe that at all, so I would rather the supporters just supported the team as much as possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vichy_France

Thanks Marshal Petain.

:lol:

For the record I object to the Nazis.

Everyone knows what will happen; people will talk, grumble and complain. But come our opening home game of the season vs West Ham we'll have a full house and everyone will have renewed, and as things go even more pear shaped people will moan at our good players (Ben Arfa) and sit there brain dead and tell people to hush who actually object to the insulting football and ownership in front of us.

Can't wait.

Rubbish.

He's called it pretty right like :lol:

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if, come the start of the season, people pack SJP and support the team as much as they can. It's enjoyable for fans, it helps the team, it's good for everyone except those who believe Ashley could be forced out by fan unrest. I don't believe that at all, so I would rather the supporters just supported the team as much as possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vichy_France

Thanks Marshal Petain.

:lol:

For the record I object to the Nazis.

I was only funning. :lol:....partly :mike:

I think we have very different views on how to deal with the current regime and what can be acheived by effective, organised protest and a campaign of non co-operation.

I'm sick of being an "abused wife/husband". Thats what it seems like you guys are basically prpared to put up with. You will keep taking the shit, taking the piss being taken out of you because of a misguided idea or notion of loyalty.

My loyalty aint to this fat cunt, his abhorent stooges or to any of the thick, arse licking players we have: yes Mr "geordie Taylor" thats you; you cunt ( as JFK would put it).

I can understand. I have been there. Unabale to walk away because it meant so much to me. The reason I can now do so is partly because it still does matter as much to me and partly cos I am utterly fed up with good people like us being made to suffer at the hands of at best incompetence, and at worst malicious management of OUR club.

I know we will be here long after these human skid marks have fucked off, or died :megusta:

Nah I totally understand the reasons for staying away, even if it's just a decision on personal principle. What I mean is, I don't think Ashley can be forced out with fan action, so therefore I don't mind if people decide to keep going.

Nah I totally understand the reasons for staying away, even if it's just a decision on personal principle. What I mean is, I don't think Ashley can be forced out with fan action, so therefore I don't mind if people decide to keep going.

If there was a complete boycott of St James Park, literally an empty stadium, he'd have to go to be quite honest.

If there was a complete boycott of St James Park, literally an empty stadium, he'd have to go to be quite honest.

Probably aye. How likely is that do you think?

Not very likely at all, but it's a point none-the-less. Even if the attendance figures dropped significantly like 20-30k less he'd probably seriously rethink his position.

I just hate this 'it's not going to work so I'm not even going to try' attitude. A visible protest by the fans is the only thing that can make a difference other than the whim of Ashley right now and a half empty St James Park on a saturday would make a huge statement.

Not very likely at all, but it's a point none-the-less. Even if the attendance figures dropped significantly like 20-30k less he'd probably seriously rethink his position.

I just hate this 'it's not going to work so I'm not even going to try' attitude. A visible protest by the fans is the only thing that can make a difference other than the whim of Ashley right now and a half empty St James Park on a saturday would make a huge statement.

Yup. I don't like the idea that any form of organised protest including abstinence is deemed futile and not worth the hassle. 

Guest Slippery Sam

Whilst there is hope, there will be people wanting to go.  It will take a hell of a lot of shite on the park for the hope to disappear completely.  It's a clean slate again, so the hope will be fully rekindled meaning the ground will be 95% full at the start of the season - no problem.

Just caught up with all this and got to say, I'm feeling massively disillusioned. I've always had faith in Newcastle United, throughout relegation and seasons of being a mess, but as of now I'm sick of watching this club being run like an absolute joke, and, for the first time ever, have absolutely no excitement for the new season. When can we simply be a club run professionally and with some dignity?

Guest chopey

I cant believe Ashley is putting a 66 year old with a ticking time bomb in his chest in charge of the future development of our club this can only end badly for everyone concerned with Newcastle

An open invitation for Joe Kinnear to speak to Newcastle United supporters at meeting tomorrow

It's gonna end really well if he turns up.

If he really thinks he's got nothing to hide and he can justify this ridiculous appointment, then he should go and face the public. Odds on that he won't though.

Steve Wraith

Time To Bury The Hatchet With The Mag , True Faith And The Newcastle United Supporters Trust By Steve Wraith June 23rd 2013

A lot of people ask me why I don’t get on with Mark Jensen and Mick Martin from The Mag and True Faith fanzines? Well the answer is….I do. I don’t actually have a problem with these lads. Let’s face it they both edit the 2 most successful Newcastle United fanzines in town. Both were involved in putting the Supporters Club together during our last crisis…Mick chaired the meeting before departing for a steak dinner if I recall. The Supporters Club became the Trust and then for a variety of reasons they hit a brick wall and the wheels came off as far as there bid to buy the club is concerned and the original gang split and went their own ways for various reasons.

When the Supporters Club was launched I attended, I joined and I got behind it. I didn’t want to be a leader of men. I was chuffed to see others finally pushing for something I believed in without me having to bother my arse. A lot couldn’t understand why I was sitting back. It’s because the lads were doing a great job and wouldn’t have wanted me involved anyway. When it became the trust I helped get the huge flag into the ground as part of a protest. I helped leaflet the bars around St James Park. If I believe a cause is a just one I don’t really care who is in charge as long as I can help make a difference.

The wheels fell off for me when I was asked to carry adverts in my fanzine. I said I would do it for free if the others were. They weren’t so I told them what I would charge them my going rate at the time. Without getting into a slanging match and boring you all to death let’s say my invoices took a while to be paid!! If it hadn’t been for friends on the inside looking after me then maybe I would still be waiting who knows but I did get paid eventually.

Rewinding a little, at the start of the Millenium when I was the paid Fans Liaison Officer at the club (as Lee Marshall is now) I was the victim of a character assassination by Jensen and Martin via their respective fanzines. (I guess I’m an easy target being an associate of the Kray family.) But they didn’t give me a chance at the job. I may not have been able to change the NUFC world in that position but the committee that was voted in were top class and by undermining me they ruined any chance that the FLC had of making a bond with the club. It was eventually disbanded after the club had spent thousands on the whole process. What I couldn’t understand is why we had ALL being calling for communication with the club, yet when we got the opportunity they let their personal views on me get in the way of the biggest chance we had been offered in years. My departure at the club 2 years later (which I engineered myself) was greeted with delight and ridicule. I wonder if a different fanzine editor had been in that position would have fared better? I certainly would have supported them and not revealed that at school they supported Liverpool but that’s a different story! (C’mon I have to be allowed one dig!)

I kept all the articles that they published about me and read through them the other day. I had to laugh to be honest at the childish undertones. I then looked back at a few issues of ‘Number Nine’ fanzine that I used to edit…I’d forgotten Michael used to write for me.

So I started thinking why would Michael be upset with me? Did I edit a piece of his work? Did I bin an article for the political bullshit he loves so much. Maybe it was another review of ‘Joy Division.’ Whatever it is though he has always had it in for me since he nestled under Jensen’s wing.

Now Mark. Well he created the monster within me. I sent a few articles to him after the first Mag came out and he didn’t want to publish my work. So I thought stuff him then, I’ll make my own fanzine. ‘The Mighty Quinn’ was born. It was never a money making venture. It was always just a chance for me to get my views that Jensen wouldn’t print out there to all of you.

I’ve seen them around over the years. There’s often a smile that coveys a different emotion behind the matchday mask. People tell me what they have allegedly said about me behind my back yet they have never said anything to my face. I’ve learned to live with it. We have shared the same airwaves and the same column inches and quite often the same views and opinions for over 20 years now. Time flies when your enjoying yourself!

So what’s the point of this rant? To sort a fight in the car park opposite St James? To challenge them to a fight to the death wearing Sports Direct kit? No not at all. It’s a challenge of a different type. I’m 41 lads. I’m not sure how old you 2 are but you look older (joke). I’m prepared to put the past behind us. I’m prepared to forget about all those awful things you have said in print about me and the alleged things you have said to our mutual friends. It’s time to put aside our differences and ‘Unite’ the supporters for the greater good. We are never going to agree on everything (that’s NUFC for you) but I’m prepared to sit round a table with you and make a few plans to take this club forward from a supporters point of view.

I get that some people don’t like me. I am a divisive figure, but I will give 150% to any cause I believe in and I’m not that fussed at being a leader of anything. I prefer to use my experience and contacts to help make things happen.

NUFC Fans United is a coalition of supporters. We meet once a month with the same club officials you met on that freebie at the Europa game last season. We discuss all things NUFC over a pint and the minutes are typed up and sent to the club, the media and our ever growing database. We are not looking to lead the fans. We are a critical friend and are here to help groups with a plan or something to say. We may be able to help you who knows!?

So come on. Let’s put the past behind us eh and grow up. Come along with your friends and give us your voice, support and experience as part of a fans coalition…Our Club needs us…..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/138858761796/permalink/10151679675201797/

He just slags off the people he is "burying the hatchett" with throughout that statement and doesn't apportion any blame to himself at all.  Really dense.

Him and Kinnear were made for each other

An associate of the Kray family. :lol:

Wants everyone to think he's Silvio Dante.

Bit daft putting that in but to be fair rightly or wrongly it is something people use to have a go at him with and why he has waffled on the basic point he is making is a good one,  the fans, while never going to eye to eye on everything need to have a collective voice when needed and with the trust seeming dying a death, NUFCfansunited have come together and have managed to get into regular communication with the club through Lee Marshall and Wendy Taylor.  It can only make the fans views more credible and get heard even more if the likes of True Faith, The Mag and .com come on board.  I have always thought NUFC's independant fanzine scene(will include .com and even this place in that) as one of the best in the country but unlike other clubs we never seem to join together and make ourselves heard properly.