Sunderland

Nobody

22k in europe in the 70s , when we were palying to c60,000 around '70.  but how can this be? , they were bigger than us before 1992.

Sounds like it was a boycoutt if the article is correct.

Ahead of the curve again those mincey mackems.

From the 'Remember When' nostalgia bit of todays Chronicle...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/lifestyle/remember-when-sunderland-face-vasas-6132204

:lol:

So our most recent European matches went in the sports section, their most recent forays are in the 'Remember When' feature!  ;D ;D

Also, challenging readers to remember 2 matches in a 2 week window about 40 years ago.... Considering many with a fully formed memory of either match must now be marching towards Alzheimer's, the Chron probably thought they better get this out now before it's too late.

Guest reefatoon

From the 'Remember When' nostalgia bit of todays Chronicle...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/lifestyle/remember-when-sunderland-face-vasas-6132204

:lol:

So our most recent European matches went in the sports section, their most recent forays are in the 'Remember When' feature!  ;D ;D

Also, challenging readers to remember 2 matches in a 2 week window about 40 years ago.... Considering many with a fully formed memory of either match must now be marching towards Alzheimer's, the Chron probably thought they better get this out now before it's too late.

They remember both games as clearly as they remember the 9 - 1 game. It's as if it was yesterday

If ever there's a sentence to sum up the difference between us...

"And while Newcastle have put to the sword the likes of Juventus, Inter Milan and Barcelona during the course of their 130 European games, Wearside has welcomed precious few continental footballing visitors."

Does anywhere in town show the sunderland game? Aspers told me they wouldn't show it because of fan clashes?

I think while I was at Uni Sam Jacks showed one of our games but only because Newcastle were playing the days after

Guest neesy111

My mates a mackem and will dance on tables if they score even a consolation, so I reckon Sam Jacks isn't the best option.

Any pub showing football will have it on.

Ondřej Čelůstka ‏@OndrejCelustka 3h

Are you ready for the show at SOL tonight? We will destroy Manchester United.

Expand

That can't be real? :lol:

Well aye it is.

Rather have that than Pardew's 'poor little us, it's going to be an honour to get crushed by such a prestigious carnival, er, sovereign state.'