Sunderland

Nobody

They give away literally 1000's of tickets for league games and discount many more. They even had to hand out loads of free tickets for the derby when it became apparent there was going to be 1000's of empty seats. For the Cup games such as yesterday they have to split the gate receipts between their opponents and the FA so they aren't allowed to dish freebies out so even when they're only charging £15/£5 they can't get a crowd in.

If they stopped doing the free tickets and all the cheap offers for league games (I believe for their next 3 home league games season ticket holders can buy extra tickets for a tenner) and charged prices in line with other Premier League clubs they would struggle to average 25,000 for league games.

Right, it's time to put this attendance debate to bed forever (wishful thinking).

Newcastle have always had higher average attendances than Sunderland. I accept that and I wish other Sunderland fans would too. Here's the stats ;-

As for our attendances for the cup games this season, I really have no idea why they are so low, but I agree it looks terrible when we're on TV.

On the whole, both clubs get far better support than the clubs deserve most of the time.  This season you're getting Cup crowds that our club deserves considering we as a club couldn't give a shit about them.

What a fantastically sorry piece that is. He's forced to compare FA Cup attendances with the Coppa Italia, which has never been any more important in Italy than the Johnstone's Paint Trophy is here.

Imagine - just imagine - if it was us getting 16k in the fifth round. Odds on him being "bored" by attendances then...

There was also no Metro service available, complicating the process of getting to and from the ground,

The fucker is never working properly, so blaming Nexus isn't gonna work.

Marra.

Is there honestly a Sunderland support who doesn't live walking distance from the ground anyway?

There was also no Metro service available, complicating the process of getting to and from the ground,

The f***er is never working properly, so blaming Nexus isn't gonna work.

Marra.

Is there honestly a Sunderland support who doesn't live walking distance from the ground anyway?

Them Red and White Geordies or whatever it is :lol:

I think they've got more chance of slipping up at Brighton or Hull, than if they'd had City/Everton/Liverpool/Arsenal at home for example. Just the way these bastards roll.