Sunderland

Nobody

Their fans are just typical small club mentality looking forward to a big day out.  The reality, which will come back very quickly in the cold light of day post-match, is that they're a club who can only get 15,000 for a 5th round cup tie against a good Premiership team and 20 odd thousand against Manchester United in a home semi final. They'll be top the Premier League's "most empty seats in a stadium" list every season without fail and nowadays even have to give away free tickets for the derby match to pad the stadium out.

Like Wigan and Bradford before them they'll have busloads of grannies and other one-off fans going down for the final but they'll soon be back to the reality of a half empty (on the better days) stadium and a turgid relegation struggle.

Because if Newcastle got to a final then the fans and City would not look forward to the day and/or enjoy it? I don't understand how this is a small club mentality?

Also we have a 40k plus average for league games?

I agree some of the cup attendances have been shite but still...

Hey, you've fluked your way to a cup final, good luck, enjoy it.

They've thoroughly earned their place in the final. Assume this has already been covered but to suggest it's a fluke is laughable.

The final is a funny one for me, they lose and we can rip the p*ss out of them and if they win it puts our lot under pressure to do better than to run the club to just survive.

Ashely couldn't give the slightest f*** or s*** :lol:

Honestly, if I stepped back and wasn't geordie, I'd probably want the mackems to win. Good fanbase despite shite team for years. But I am geordie, and I'll be proper gutted if they win it given how much they'll bang on. I can't seem to remember giving a fuck when the smoggies won it though, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

The final is a funny one for me, they lose and we can rip the p*ss out of them and if they win it puts our lot under pressure to do better than to run the club to just survive.

If only this last bit was true, and it would make the slightest bit of difference to how our club was run, I'd say pass me a red and white scarf for Sunday.

As it is a sunderland win would make no difference to how Ashley operates, and would just be something they would taunt us with at every single derby for a very very long time. For many, I imagine the pleasure involved in a trophy win would be derived purely from the sense of one-upmanship over NUFC.

For that reason, it's Man City as the better of two evils for me, but if they win it'll be relief more than anything. Even if the game ends 14-0 I don't understand how anyone could get genuine whole-hearted pleasure from laughing at sunderland in our position. We'd love to be going to Wembley, we won't be going for a long time and that is just depressing as fuck.

Their fans are just typical small club mentality looking forward to a big day out.  The reality, which will come back very quickly in the cold light of day post-match, is that they're a club who can only get 15,000 for a 5th round cup tie against a good Premiership team and 20 odd thousand against Manchester United in a home semi final. They'll be top the Premier League's "most empty seats in a stadium" list every season without fail and nowadays even have to give away free tickets for the derby match to pad the stadium out.

Like Wigan and Bradford before them they'll have busloads of grannies and other one-off fans going down for the final but they'll soon be back to the reality of a half empty (on the better days) stadium and a turgid relegation struggle.

Because if Newcastle got to a final then the fans and City would not look forward to the day and/or enjoy it? I don't understand how this is a small club mentality?

Also we have a 40k plus average for league games?

I agree some of the cup attendances have been s**** but still...

Hey, you've fluked your way to a cup final, good luck, enjoy it.

The fact you're taking a lot more "fans" to Wembley than bothered to turn out in Sunderland for the semi against Manchester United and more than twice the number who turned out for your FA Cup 5th round tie does however smack of small club mentality, whether you admit it or not.

Everyone knows that Sunderland fans and the sycophantic north east media have a whole catalogue of excuses for your embarrassing attendances but the most widely used one for the FA Cup tie was probably the lamest yet. You were all saving for a big day out in London :-) .  Using that kind of mackem logic then Man City and Arsenal fans who sold out to 48,000 and 60,000 respectively on the same day mustn't bother with Cup finals or away trips to Europe etc.

Getting to a cup final is a fluke?

I must have missed something.

I've already agreed that attendances were shite in previous rounds but I still don't get why it's a stick used to beat clubs with.

We're shite, we're going nowhere and we've got a manager who is totally and utterly SAFC's bitch. It's all we've got. Your attendances are regularly shite and everyone and his dog knows they would be even worse if you weren't constantly begging people to turn up for free. I don't even know why you argue the point.

If only this last bit was true, and it would make the slightest bit of difference to how our club was run, I'd say pass me a red and white scarf for Sunday.

As it is a sunderland win would make no difference to how Ashley operates, and would just be something they would taunt us with at every single derby for a very very long time. For many, I imagine the pleasure involved in a trophy win would be derived purely from the sense of one-upmanship over NUFC.

For that reason, it's Man City as the better of two evils for me, but if they win it'll be relief more than anything. Even if the game ends 14-0 I don't understand how anyone could get genuine whole-hearted pleasure from laughing at sunderland in our position. We'd love to be going to Wembley, we won't be going for a long time and that is just depressing as f***.

Good post.

I'm half tempted to put £50 on them like, 9/10-1 in most places to win and at least if they do win I will at least have some cash to spend on drinking heavily

10-1 is only to win in 90 minutes, you know if you put that on they'll do it in extra time or penalties just to leave you thoroughly fucked off and £50 out of pocket to boot.  They're about 5-1 or 6-1 to lift the trophy.

I'm half tempted to put £50 on them like, 9/10-1 in most places to win and at least if they do win I will at least have some cash to spend on drinking heavily

10-1 is only to win in 90 minutes, you know if you put that on they'll do it in extra time or penalties just to leave you thoroughly f***ed off and £50 out of pocket to boot.  They're about 5-1 or 6-1 to lift the trophy.

Ah maybe not then, maybe worth £25 on them winning it all.

I'd be a bit gutted if they won and aye, a bit jealous that they are getting their day out but having genuine red and white mates, one of whom is defo off to the game (and is s/t holder), I'm pleased for him. Again though - it's the band-wagon jumpers that do everyone's head in - those who haven't been to a mackem game in years and yet have managed to spawn a ticket.

Will they beat Man Citeh - they shouldn't. But it's a funny old game as someone once said.

@SAFCofficial: Johnson: 'Me and my family followed #SAFC while growing up. To to be part of this occasion with the club is great!'

What a brown-nosing little turd! Althought to be fair, it was probably said to protect his family in the event of a sky-blue fisting, he's aware that if things don't go their way mackems are prone to turning on and abusing the families of the players.

Though I assume Mrs Johnson is white so she'll probably be ok.

If any team in the world can fluke a win here its Sunderland. They are the jammiest b******s going.

I've got to say as a Sunderland fan for the fat end of 40 years, I don't consider myself, or the club I support "lucky". It's been fucking turgid for the vast majority of the time I've supported them  :sad:

@SAFCofficial: Johnson: 'Me and my family followed #SAFC while growing up. To to be part of this occasion with the club is great!'

Mmmmmm;

http://www.nufcfans.co.uk/2012/08/photo-new-sunderland-signing-loves-newcastle-united-fans-adam-johnson/

Yet he's an NUFC fan :lol: Covering his arse indeed

There's a simple explanation...

He's a c**t  :)