Sunderland

Nobody

Don't know why I had it in my head that they were clear of the mire. Still deep in it, like. Really hope they go down; it will soften the blow of those successive derby defeats a wee bit. Plus we might be Pardew-less by the time they're back.

:yao:

Means they get to keep the bragging rights for longer and I really hate that. I'd still rather see them go down, because we're now a banker six points for them under this man.

To be fair both sets of fans have their idiots who'll do this.

Cheesy chips, blue pop, whee's keys are these, mackem in milan etc etc

I still don't understand why the first two are supposed to be funny/insulting.

honestly, you can't see the difference? :lol:

Enlighten me

ok

NUFC were born in 1992 = truth to mackems

SBR was HOUNDED OUT by mags = truth to mackems

2 examples of actual things that are not true but mackems hold up like beacons of light and truth

blue pop, whees keys and cheesy chips are just cultural/city pisstakes...i can't believe you can't see the difference

if you said to a newcastle supporter that sunderland people don't all drink blue pop i doubt they'd argue...could you say the same for the 1992 argument?

Absolutely. I don't believe Newcastle were founded in 1992. I only need to look at this board to know how highly Sir Bobby is held.

I could name a lot of my friends who'd think the same.

I could also direct you to a Newcastle fan I went to school with (he's from Seaham) who's first words after the derby to me were 'Go w*** into your cheesy chips man'

My point was that both sets of supporters have their idiots who'll take jokes, daft remarks too far and will re-write history.

Do you believe we hounded out Steve Bruce because he was a Geordie?

Granted the results weren't great but I remember this:

Steve Bruce still remembers vividly the ‘hatred on some people’s faces’ when his Sunderland side lost against Wigan in his final match in charge.

‘That will stay with me for a long time,’ the Hull manager revealed, before facing his former club today for the first time since he was vilified by their fans and then sacked.

That Saturday, in November 2011, Sunderland supporters finally lost patience with their Newcastle-supporting manager after their team conceded a 90th-minute goal to Franco Di Santo, and started chanting: ‘You fat Geordie b******, get out of our club.’ His wife, Janet, was subject to abuse as well.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2483938/Steve-Bruce-haunted-hatred-Sunderland.html#ixzz2u9PfTPgs

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm not being funny like but that's going to happen if the manager is being perceived to be doing a bad job.  Things get personal in those circumstances.  Plenty of our lot would do exactly the same thing to a manager with a mackem background.

My dad works with Steve Bruce's brother, apparently for a few month before he sacked he knew it was coming but he stuck at it because A. He just didn't want to walk away from a challenge, and B. He knew he was onto one hell of a pay off when he got sacked. He hasn't said how much he got off but they reckon it's around or above £5m.

Don't know why I had it in my head that they were clear of the mire. Still deep in it, like. Really hope they go down; it will soften the blow of those successive derby defeats a wee bit. Plus we might be Pardew-less by the time they're back.

Means they get to keep the bragging rights for longer and I really hate that. I'd still rather see them go down, because we're now a banker six points for them under this man.

You don't retain bragging rights if you are in a division below.  :lol:

We're talking about a club that are still going on about a game they won in 1908 in a season where we won the title.

Enlighten me

ok

2 examples of actual things that are not true but mackems hold up like beacons of light and truth

blue pop, whees keys and cheesy chips are just cultural/city pisstakes...i can't believe you can't see the difference

if you said to a newcastle supporter that sunderland people don't all drink blue pop i doubt they'd argue...could you say the same for the 1992 argument?

Absolutely. I don't believe Newcastle were founded in 1992. I only need to look at this board to know how highly Sir Bobby is held.

I could also direct you to a Newcastle fan I went to school with (he's from Seaham) who's first words after the derby to me were 'Go w*** into your cheesy chips man'

My point was that both sets of supporters have their idiots who'll take jokes, daft remarks too far and will re-write history.

Steve Bruce still remembers vividly the ‘hatred on some people’s faces’ when his Sunderland side lost against Wigan in his final match in charge.

‘That will stay with me for a long time,’ the Hull manager revealed, before facing his former club today for the first time since he was vilified by their fans and then sacked.

That Saturday, in November 2011, Sunderland supporters finally lost patience with their Newcastle-supporting manager after their team conceded a 90th-minute goal to Franco Di Santo, and started chanting: ‘You fat Geordie b******, get out of our club.’ His wife, Janet, was subject to abuse as well.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2483938/Steve-Bruce-haunted-hatred-Sunderland.html#ixzz2u9PfTPgs

I'm not being funny like but that's going to happen if the manager is being perceived to be doing a bad job.  Things get personal in those circumstances.  Plenty of our lot would do exactly the same thing to a manager with a mackem background.

My dad works with Steve Bruce's brother, apparently for a few month before he sacked he knew it was coming but he stuck at it because A. He just didn't want to walk away from a challenge, and B. He knew he was onto one hell of a pay off when he got sacked. He hasn't said how much he got off but they reckon it's around or above £5m.

Fuck me, I would take that. Would still try to do my job like, but that would be OK as a worst case scenario. Would look after my bro too like, just saying. Stay friends. :thup:

We're talking about a club that are still going on about a game they won in 1908 in a season where we won the title.

God knows how long we'll hear 'NE New Wembley Top Dogs'

Enlighten me

ok

Fuck me, I would take that. Would still try to do my job like, but that would be OK as a worst case scenario. Would look after my bro too like, just saying. Stay friends. :thup:

He did, he bought him a brand new top of the range Audi. Apparently he's treats his family well. Every time anyone at his work is doing a charity event he will sign footballs, shirts etc, if he's managing a team he will get the team to as well.

Enlighten me

ok

He did, he bought him a brand new top of the range Audi. Apparently he's treats his family well. Every time anyone at his work is doing a charity event he will sign footballs, shirts etc, if he's managing a team he will get the team to as well.

Ah, OK, as long as he's spreading it around. :thup: Hope they win on Monday, wish we were still in it.

Enlighten me

ok

Ah, OK, as long as he's spreading it around. :thup: Hope they win on Monday, wish we were still in it.

Steve Bruce seems to be one of a few managers they've had who seem genuinely nice blokes.

Almost time for people to start filling in the premier league predictors!

Their games against Palace, Norwich, West Ham, Cardiff and Swansea remain their chance of survival.

The main hope for them being relegated is the fixture pile-up they have created through cup runs and the one postponement.

Gus Poyet fears Sunderland will be 'embarrassed' in the cup final

Sunderland boss Gus Poyet has warned his side will be "embarrassed" in the Capital One Cup final if they produce a repeat of the performance that saw them lose 4-1 at Arsenal.

The Black Cats face Manchester City in the final at Wembley on 2 March.

Poyet was left frustrated by his team's inability to cope with a rampant Arsenal at Emirates Stadium.

He said: "If we play like this against Manchester City we could be embarrassed."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26309090