Sunderland

Nobody

Looks like their Trafalgar Square beano has hit the skids due to a Russian festival being setup and it being fenced off.

Thats a shame...though perhaps for the best. Cant imagine what a party of Spanish tourists would make of some cowied-up tramp from witherwack waving a can of spesh in their faces. Which would, in 5-years time be remembered as the time they started their affiliation with Catalunia and founded Olympiakos. Or something, marra.

Yeah it's well known that most mackems like Geordies, didn't hold it against Steve Bruce and think Alan Shearer is a great sporting ambassador for the region  :)

I've actually met a mackem friend in town before derby matches had a drink and enjoyed the crack. Of course he kept himself quiet and certainly wasn't the type who'd defecate or urinate on public transport, nor wear a horse's head to a football match  :)

A bit like yourself probably, though I suspect your manner may be slightly different in the company of your own to what it is on here  ;)

If they were all as reasonable as yourself the animosity would be almost non existant.

Maybe you should judge him on what you see, not what you think.

Guest Howaythetoon

Do you know what, good fucking luck to them and I don't care if I get slaughtered for it, but I'd rather they won it than City with all their billions etc. The mackems are at least a real fucking club with real fans. The more trophies the likes of City trouser the fucking harder it becomes for anyone. The mackems winning would be a victory for footy and for real fans. They have put up with more shit than we have, 19 points, 15 points, 5-1 and 4-1 defeats to us. Humiliation after humiliation and yet, a good average attend their games, and stick by them, just like we do.

For all we knock their attendances and free tickets etc. they are in the grande scheme of things a well supported club, as are we. Imagine Man Utd or Liverpool going trophy less as long as our two respective clubs, or suffering a relegations etc.!? They'd struggle to get 20K in. Funny enough Man City used to be a real club, a big real club, with genuine fans, a club you would usually root for in these kind of cups, but today, they are no different to Chelsea etc.

Me, I only ever despise the mackems when it comes to the games between us. Outside of those matches, they mean nothing to me. They are a meaningless rival in so many ways. Without wanting to patronise or come over as billy big bollocks, compared to us as a City, as people, as a club, history and all that shite, they are and always will be in our shadow. So to me, let them have their big day out, let them taste success. It won't change anything.

I just couldn't stomach City winning a trophy that would mean fuck all to them in every sense. Sure they would celebrate like we would celebrate a win, but would they look back at the victory as a special day in their history, as a landmark? The mackems winning this would be akin to winning the league, that's how they would celebrate it.

Mind, most of the celebrations would be spent in a one up on us kind of way which would be really sad, but that's the mackems all over. We literally dominate their thoughts. It wouldn't be yes we've won the cup it would be yes we've won a trophy and Newcastle haven't, FTM, 9-1, Sir Bobby stinks of piss trallalallaaa.

And that is why, should City win, I'd piss myself laughing. If not... no skin off my nose.

Do you know what, good f***ing luck to them and I don't care if I get slaughtered for it, but I'd rather they won it than City with all their billions etc. The mackems are at least a real f***ing club with real fans. The more trophies the likes of City trouser the f***ing harder it becomes for anyone. The mackems winning would be a victory for footy and for real fans. They have put up with more s*** than we have, 19 points, 15 points, 5-1 and 4-1 defeats to us. Humiliation after humiliation and yet, a good average attend their games, and stick by them, just like we do.

For all we knock their attendances and free tickets etc. they are in the grande scheme of things a well supported club, as are we. Imagine Man Utd or Liverpool going trophy less as long as our two respective clubs, or suffering a relegations etc.!? They'd struggle to get 20K in. Funny enough Man City used to be a real club, a big real club, with genuine fans, a club you would usually root for in these kind of cups, but today, they are no different to Chelsea etc.

Me, I only ever despise the mackems when it comes to the games between us. Outside of those matches, they mean nothing to me. They are a meaningless rival in so many ways. Without wanting to patronise or come over as billy big bollocks, compared to us as a City, as people, as a club, history and all that s****, they are and always will be in our shadow. So to me, let them have their big day out, let them taste success. It won't change anything.

I just couldn't stomach City winning a trophy that would mean f*** all to them in every sense. Sure they would celebrate like we would celebrate a win, but would they look back at the victory as a special day in their history, as a landmark? The mackems winning this would be akin to winning the league, that's how they would celebrate it.

Mind, most of the celebrations would be spent in a one up on us kind of way which would be really sad, but that's the mackems all over. We literally dominate their thoughts. It wouldn't be yes we've won the cup it would be yes we've won a trophy and Newcastle haven't, FTM, 9-1, Sir Bobby stinks of p*ss trallalallaaa.

And that is why, should City win, I'd p*ss myself laughing. If not... no skin off my nose.

I tend to agree with a lot of this, but you look like you have talked yourself out of the original sentiment by the end, just a bit?!?

Do you know what, good f***ing luck to them and I don't care if I get slaughtered for it, but I'd rather they won it than City with all their billions etc. The mackems are at least a real f***ing club with real fans. The more trophies the likes of City trouser the f***ing harder it becomes for anyone. The mackems winning would be a victory for footy and for real fans. They have put up with more s*** than we have, 19 points, 15 points, 5-1 and 4-1 defeats to us. Humiliation after humiliation and yet, a good average attend their games, and stick by them, just like we do.

Me, I only ever despise the mackems when it comes to the games between us. Outside of those matches, they mean nothing to me. They are a meaningless rival in so many ways. Without wanting to patronise or come over as billy big bollocks, compared to us as a City, as people, as a club, history and all that s****, they are and always will be in our shadow. So to me, let them have their big day out, let them taste success. It won't change anything.

I just couldn't stomach City winning a trophy that would mean f*** all to them in every sense. Sure they would celebrate like we would celebrate a win, but would they look back at the victory as a special day in their history, as a landmark? The mackems winning this would be akin to winning the league, that's how they would celebrate it.

Mind, most of the celebrations would be spent in a one up on us kind of way which would be really sad, but that's the mackems all over. We literally dominate their thoughts. It wouldn't be yes we've won the cup it would be yes we've won a trophy and Newcastle haven't, FTM, 9-1, Sir Bobby stinks of p*ss trallalallaaa.

And that is why, should City win, I'd p*ss myself laughing. If not... no skin off my nose.

Great post.

If you read some of my previous posts I agree with you regarding Newcastle being a better city, in many ways. But we have one crucial thing in common, football daft fans who have been repeatedly sold down the river. The way we have been treated by the owners/chairmen of our clubs is shameful. Even the ones who profess to be "one of us" have pocketed millions from our support (they know who they are).

We need trophies in the North East, and is an absolute travesty that our clubs have been potless for as many years as they have. I honestly believe that no other area of this country would attract the support our clubs get, with fuck all to show for it in almost 90 years combined.

The reason I joined this forum was to try and get at least some fans to enter into some reasonable dialogue, to find common ground, and take it from there. Yes, I've taken part in the puerile name calling (I've never used the letters FTM) on other forums, but even if just a few of us move away from that, we could actually find some issues that actually bring us a little closer together, instead of fueling the faux hatred against people we actually get on really well with when we meet face to face at work etc.

Being from Chester-le-street I went to school with a mix of Newcastle and mackem fans. Some of my best mates are mackems but it's always been reasonable debate with minimal dickishness.

That is until the semi final. I know success changes people but I didn't expect one league cup final to turn level headed people into arseholes. Their twitter feeds are full of "the wear runs through CLS so why do you support Newcastle ?" and my favourite "should be another 3 points for County Durham this weekend" which just makes no sense. Also regular references to  "mags get back under their rocks" and its like a who can be a bigger cunt competition. For that reason alone, I hope they get dicked and get relegated never to return.

Got absolutely no problem with the genuine Sunderland fans going to Wembley and cheering their team on just like they have done for years. I hope they get dicked but can't begrudge them the fact they're there and they've knocked out Chelsea, Man U and Southampton in the process. The sensible, genuine fans who've stuck by their team I can live with.

What I can't abide is the arseholes who haven't been to the SoL for years in protest at Murray/Bruce/Wilkinson et al who have suddenly become the biggest fans of their team in the world again. Suddenly, after having not stepped foot in the SoL for fucking years, are "going to Wembley" and now appear to be bragging about their team winning trophies, qualifying for Europe and playing in Cup Finals.

Genuine Sunderland fans getting a Wembley ticket? Fair play. Hope they lose but fair play none the less.

These cunts? Get fucked. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Great post.

If you read some of my previous posts I agree with you regarding Newcastle being a better city, in many ways. But we have one crucial thing in common, football daft fans who have been repeatedly sold down the river. The way we have been treated by the owners/chairmen of our clubs is shameful. Even the ones who profess to be "one of us" have pocketed millions from our support (they know who they are).

We need trophies in the North East, and is an absolute travesty that our clubs have been potless for as many years as they have. I honestly believe that no other area of this country would attract the support our clubs get, with f*** all to show for it in almost 90 years combined.

The reason I joined this forum was to try and get at least some fans to enter into some reasonable dialogue, to find common ground, and take it from there. Yes, I've taken part in the puerile name calling (I've never used the letters FTM) on other forums, but even if just a few of us move away from that, we could actually find some issues that actually bring us a little closer together, instead of fueling the faux hatred against people we actually get on really well with when we meet face to face at work etc.

Its a fucking travesty mate, arguably two of the best supported clubs in the country with fans who will turn up even following 15/19 point seasons or no trophy since '69 in our case, without fail, without question. Two 'one city' clubs who should or could be serious contenders but for abysmal ownership and mismanagement over the years. And this is down to our loyalty actually. What is the saying, put 11 donkeys on the pitch and kit them out in black and white and thousands will still pay good money?! Its true.

Anyway, I'd rather have a pint with a mackem than a Man city fan. We have far more more in common especially these days. As a footy fan in general I'd love for us, you lot and the Boro to be up there at the very top competing for the top honours.

Again, its a travesty that both our clubs have been owned and mismanaged so badly over the years because with the support we give our club's, the  money we invest, we can kick any fucker's arse as we showed in the early 90s and early naughties and yous lot under Ried.

My only problem with mackems is the level of hatred directed towards NUFC, its become quite bitter and unpleasant. That is down to non footy stuff as much as footy related stuff. Mackems resent how Newcastle is perceived as a City and with it the people, they resent all of that and perhaps rightly so because they are considered as an out post, as the other people from the NE. That's more about politics than footy though.

Anyway, Man city are part of everything that is wrong with football so pardon me for not wanting them to beat the mackems. I can live with sunderland winning a trophy, but Man City, the football devil incarnate? Fuck that!

If it were the mackems vs say WHU, the Hammers all the way, but Man city make me sick as a footy fan in every way.

Benwell Lad comes across awfully in those last few posts like, really bitter sounding.

I don't want them to win purely because as well as Derby pisstakes they'd then also have a trophy and European football to hold over us and I'd fucking hate that, especially as they have a manager who will try to win every game and not complain like a little funking girl about it.

At this point I'd think fair play, they went for it wish we would. I enjoy mocking them losing everything, but can't stand city either, and indeed we have some in common about being repeatedly screwed over by awful management of the club

Guest Howaythetoon

What I can't abide is the arseholes who haven't been to the SoL for years in protest at Murray/Bruce/Wilkinson et al who have suddenly become the biggest fans of their team in the world again. Suddenly, after having not stepped foot in the SoL for f***ing years, are "going to Wembley" and now appear to be bragging about their team winning trophies, qualifying for Europe and playing in Cup Finals.

It may appear as glory hunting, but howay, the vast majority of mackem fans just like ourselves will have earned their stripes so to speak and therefore deserves to see their club lift a trophy, no?! If you support NUFC or the mackems its mainly been decades of shit followed by the odd decent but ultimately unsuccessful spell. Some choose to go to every game come what may, some choose to go to certain games and some chose to go to no games in protest, that shouldn't exclude any genuine fan from seeing and cheering their team on in a major final, however, be it in person, via TV or whatever. If NUFC got to the FA Cup Final I know I'd be able to get a ticket, even though I've not attended a game in over a year. Does that make me undeserving of seeing my club in a major final? Does that make me invalid RE final tickets etc? Fuck you, I love this club as much as anyone, and I, along with everyone and anyone, deserve to bear witness to success with our club and for the mackems, do you know what, the deserve it. Unlike the prick who manages us, I'm jealous as fuck to be honest.

What I can't abide is the arseholes who haven't been to the SoL for years in protest at Murray/Bruce/Wilkinson et al who have suddenly become the biggest fans of their team in the world again. Suddenly, after having not stepped foot in the SoL for f***ing years, are "going to Wembley" and now appear to be bragging about their team winning trophies, qualifying for Europe and playing in Cup Finals.

It may appear as glory hunting, but howay, the vast majority of mackem fans just like ourselves will have earned their stripes so to speak and therefore deserves to see their club lift a trophy, no?! If you support NUFC or the mackems its mainly been decades of shit followed by the odd decent but ultimately unsuccessful spell. Some choose to go to every game come what may, some choose to go to certain games and some chose to go to no games in protest, that shouldn't exclude any genuine fan from seeing and cheering their team on in a major final, however, be it in person, via TV or whatever. If NUFC got to the FA Cup Final I know I'd be able to get a ticket, even though I've not attended a game in over a year. Does that make me undeserving of seeing my club in a major final? Does that make me invalid RE final tickets etc? Fuck you, I love this club as much as anyone, and I, along with everyone and anyone, deserve to bear witness to success with our club and for the mackems, do you know what, the deserve it. Unlike the prick who manages us, I'm jealous as fuck to be honest.

Wow.

Got absolutely no problem with the genuine Sunderland fans going to Wembley and cheering their team on just like they have done for years. I hope they get dicked but can't begrudge them the fact they're there and they've knocked out Chelsea, Man U and Southampton in the process. The sensible, genuine fans who've stuck by their team I can live with.

Genuine Sunderland fans getting a Wembley ticket? Fair play. Hope they lose but fair play none the less.

These c***s? Get f***ed. :lol:

Created division between our own fans this has.

I agree with you to an extent. Those who go each week and paid for season tickets absolutely get first dibs. No questions. The fans who have to choose games due to work, location, other commitments then if they get their hands on a ticket fair play.

Over the last few weeks I've developed a great dislike for some of the people who haven't been to a game in years but are going to this. Not even as if they used to go regular then stopped in protest. I'm talking about individuals who couldn't successfully name five of our first eleven. For instance two lasses at my work who I heard talking about their trip to Wembley and the mass drinking they'll do on the day etc. Seeing genuine fans scratch around for tickets and pay extortionate prices for one while people like this have them fall in their lap because they know someone who got a share of the corporate tickets really irritates me.

These c***s? Get f***ed. :lol:

Created division between our own fans this has.

I agree with you to an extent. Those who go each week and paid for season tickets absolutely get first dibs. No questions. The fans who have to choose games due to work, location, other commitments then if they get their hands on a ticket fair play.

Over the last few weeks I've developed a great dislike for some of the people who haven't been to a game in years but are going to this. Not even as if they used to go regular then stopped in protest. I'm talking about individuals who couldn't successfully name five of our first eleven. For instance two lasses at my work who I heard talking about their trip to Wembley and the mass drinking they'll do on the day etc. Seeing genuine fans scratch around for tickets and pay extortionate prices for one while people like this have them fall in their lap because they know someone who got a share of the corporate tickets really irritates me.

Bingo.

The final is a funny one for me, they lose and we can rip the p*ss out of them and if they win it puts our lot under pressure to do better than to run the club to just survive.

As much as i'd love the second bit to come true it's never going to happen. If anything they'll just use it as another excuse not to try, Wigan & Sunderland both in relegation scraps because of the cups blah blah

The final is a funny one for me, they lose and we can rip the piss out of them and if they win it puts our lot under pressure to do better than to run the club to just survive.

Puts who under pressure? It certainly won't put Ashley under any more pressure to deliver, he still won't give a fuck.

Well, just BOO! to all you reasonable people. Nah, hope they have a nice day out in the big city and get unceremoniously humped on live TV. It's a funny thing, I really don't have a problem with mackems in normal life, they can be nice, but they tend to have an enormous pile of chips on each shoulder when Newcastle is mentioned, even if it's the city rather than the club.

Don't really mind what happens on Sunday, just a bit more magnanimity all round would suit. Gerrin, that's a real word! Magnafuckinimity, hundreds of billions of points :headbang: I rest my case.