Sunderland

Nobody

But he doesn't even start Borini, he starts fucking Altidore, what's he playing at? :lol:

dropped catts and larson then brought them on after 35 mins - looks like panicking to me.

A serious question for all you Newcastle fans. I know lots of you will laugh when we go down, and I actually don't mind that as that's what football rivalry is partly about, but do you think relegation is such a bad thing ?

I've got to be honest and say I'd rather stay up, but I look at your team now, and compare them to the tarts who took you down, and it's like chalk and cheese. Relegation certainly done no harm to Newcastle in the longer term, and I've read many posts on this forum from fans who enjoyed the Championship.

A serious question for all you Newcastle fans. I know lots of you will laugh when we go down, and I actually don't mind that as that's what football rivalry is partly about, but do you think relegation is such a bad thing ?

I've got to be honest and say I'd rather stay up, but I look at your team now, and compare them to the tarts who took you down, and it's like chalk and cheese. Relegation certainly done no harm to Newcastle in the longer term, and I've read many posts on this forum from fans who enjoyed the Championship.

We only really enjoyed the Championship because we had a far better squad than the rest of the league. I think it will be more difficult for you as you don't have characters like Nolan, Carroll, Coloccini etc... to stand up and sort the mess they made out.

if it hadnt been for the famous dressing room meeting where Barton and Nolan decided they wanted us promoted, god knows how shit it could have turned. Have you got any leadership in your squad- Catts? not the same quality of Barton or Nolan for me like.

We absolutely needed to get relegated, that clearout and rebuilding has done us a world of good. However, that doesn't mean that every relegation is a good thing, there is no guarantee that you're coming straight back up.

if it hadnt been for the famous dressing room meeting where Barton and Nolan decided they wanted us promoted, god knows how shit it could have turned. Have you got any leadership in your squad- Catts? not the same quality of Barton or Nolan for me like.

It was Smith. Barton did naff all when we were in the Championship.

You get to visit different grounds, win games most weeks and score loads of goals - what's not to like??

Wouldn't want an extended stay but definitely quite enjoyed our visit to the Championship.

We absolutely needed to get relegated, that clearout and rebuilding has done us a world of good. However, that doesn't mean that every relegation is a good thing, there is no guarantee that you're coming straight back up.

yep, the previous 2 relegations I was around, we spent 5/6 years in the 2nd tier.

For us, it was a chance to start again. We'd had 3-4 years of s**** from when Robson left to relegation anyway so it was something new for us, and once it got to January-February time and we realised it was going to be a walk in the park it was fun. We also had a squad which was going to do ok once we returned.

For you, do you think that would happen?

The Championship was great fun, but I wouldn't of wanted to spend more than a season there, the quality of football was dire, but as someone who was too young to remember the last time we were there it was great going to some of the older/smaller grounds and spending time with more genuine fans, plus it was a nice change seeing us win all the time .

I think relegation could be good for you, but it'll depend on how long you spend down there, straight back up within a season or two and it'll probably be good in the long run for you, gives you the chance of rebuilding your squad and getting rid of some of your overpaid, over-age useless rubbish (e.g. Duff for us) , but there's always the danger that if you do go down, you won't come back up again and its not a league you want to spend a lot of time in.

It was Smith. Barton did naff all when we were in the Championship.

I thought i heard Harper say it was Barton and Nolan recently on radio newcastle- could have been mistaken tho.

It all depends on if you take the opportunity to rebuild or not.

When we went down we kept enough players to bring us back up and within about a year or so we had pretty much a whole new squad.

It will be more difficult for you when you go down as you will have to rebuild virtually the whole squad whilst you are down there unlike us who managed to do it the season after we came back.

Only time will tell if it's a good thing or bad thing, and that is down to the management of the club.

I really enjoyed the Championship season. We were winning regularly and well, the crowd was up for it and there wasn't as much diving around and playacting as in the Premiership. (there just wasn't).

Aye, we had

Harper, Krul

Simpson, R.Taylor

Enrique, van Aanholt/Kadar

Coloccini, S.Taylor

Williamson, Hall/Khizanishvili

Routledge, Pancrate

Jonas

Barton, Nolan, Guthrie

Carroll, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Ameobi, Best

in the Championship, even after selling off a fair few. I doubt Sunderland's squad will look like that after players leave.

Wouldn't say I particularly enjoyed the Championship. There were some decent away trips but at home most of our opponents just rolled over for us, a lot of games were won before half time and in general I found the overall quality of the league to be very poor and I was glad we only spent one season down there. Probably the best thing about it all was the way the fans stuck by the club and our 44,000 average that season was astonishing.

Things will be different if Sunderland go down. I don't think you'll keep the nucleus of your team like we did and the fans certainly won't stick with the club in the way we did and I can't imagine it being very enjoyable watching your team at home to Bournemouth on a freezing January night in a stadium not even half full which will be the case. However I still don't think Sunderland will go down.

Aye, we had

Harper, Krul

Simpson, R.Taylor

Enrique, van Aanholt/Kadar

Coloccini, S.Taylor

Williamson, Hall/Khizanishvili

Routledge, Pancrate

Jonas

Barton, Nolan, Guthrie

Carroll, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Ameobi, Best

in the Championship, even after selling off a fair few. I doubt Sunderland's squad will look like that after players leave.

---------------------------- Harper ----------------------------

Simpson ----------- Willo ------ Colo ------------- Enrique

Routledge ------ Guthrie ----- Nolan -------------- Jonas

-------------------- Carroll ------ Lovenkrands -------------

We were always gonna absolutely piss it, like. We were coasting until January, then we mugged QPR for Routledge and hall - allowing Guthrie to move central. It was plain sailing weather after that.

Think our last defeat, at Derby, was around February? After that, paha. Thoroughly enjoyed that season. Had a ST n'all.

i was looking at sunderlands squad the other day man, fucking hell

i actually said to the bloke next to they need to get relegated or they're going to just spend a fortune again trying to stay up...in all honesty the best thing for them* would be for them to go down and start fresh

*best for us too obviously :lol:

Championships only fun if you're winning otherwise it's a horrible, low quality league.

It was the Palace away win, about three games in, I was like "oh, so we're going to absolutely walk this, then?" :lol:

I can remember being fearful of the task before the season started.

Championships only fun if you're winning otherwise it's a horrible, low quality league.

Yeah, the September/October time wasn't run when we were losing to Blackpool, Scunthorpe and Forest wasn't fun, nor sending a team of kids to Peterborough in the Carling Cup. Turning point was Doncaster at home when it was 1-1 with 5 minutes left, going down to 10-men, then winning it in injury-time. Never looked back after that.