Sunderland

Nobody

Whatever people think about their signings so far, they haven't replaced their two best performers (Ki and Boreeyneey) and are looking very light up front.

reasons like that I'm not overly fond of loans, in cases like this and Remy for us you lose one of your more effective players and either have to pay a shit load to get them back and stand still or try and replace them with no cash gained from their loss, short term thinking at it worst

Anyone watching the commonwealth games this morning might have heard Steve Cram 'bigging up' sunderland's own Aly Dixon who was leading the womens marathon at around the 45 minute mark (cue epic bantz between him and Brendan Forster).

Turns out she didnt actually finish the race. She mustn't have received the memo on mackem etiquette in competitive marathons - If in doubt, cheat....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-15252687

Guest Howaythetoon

Is Short still interested in the mackems?

Is anyone?

It appears he has very little interest these days. I can't see him sticking around much longer. They have reached their height under him. It was always going to be a tall order anyway to achieve more. NUFC will always be the giant of the North East as we are the much bigger club. They will always be a small club.

Dunno, with the new TV deal they should be at least breaking even.  It's their stupid use of the loan system that's really screwed them and having so many players contracts up at the same time.  If they can steady the ship for a season or two and start banking a little profit then he might start investing a bit again.  Can't blame the bloke for seeing it as a bit of a mismanaged money hole at the moment.

Is anyone?

It appears he has very little interest these days. I can't see him sticking around much longer. They have reached their height under him. It was always going to be a tall order anyway to achieve more. NUFC will always be the giant of the North East as we are the much bigger club. They will always be a small club.

:lol: :lol:

Is anyone?

the area/fanbase simply can not sustain a club big enough to match us.

Anyone watching the commonwealth games this morning might have heard Steve Cram 'bigging up' sunderland's own Aly Dixon who was leading the womens marathon at around the 45 minute mark (cue epic bantz between him and Brendan Forster).

Turns out she didnt actually finish the race. She mustn't have received the memo on mackem etiquette in competitive marathons - If in doubt, cheat....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-15252687

:lol: She was injured, pretty gutted for her.

That banter was cringeworthy as fuck mind.

Guest Roger Kint

Transfer window seems to have frozen over:

Michael Graham ‏@Capt_Fishpaste 3m

So Rodriguez deal collapsing and the kids being flown out to Portugal. This week doesn't sound like it's going very well, Sunderland...

:lol:

The mackems are still struggling to sell their tickets I see. Got the following email at work...

In addition to the table in the James Herriott Suite at SAFC, I am pleased to advise that Sunderland AFC, as a result of our long standing relationship with the club, have given us an additional 100 tickets to use this season

Poor bastards have to force their tickets onto big companies to fill their ground.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm sure I was reading on the SMB (via here perhaps) that they give out tickets in Bars quite regularly and the ST holders were kicking off about it. They've always been the same really - well since moving to the Mecano Stadium.

I don't think this is something we are going to be able to mock them for this season.  If our season tickets have dropped as much as people think then the club will be coming up with all sorts of schemes to fill the stadium.

I don't think this is something we are going to be able to mock them for this season.  If our season tickets have dropped as much as people think then the club will be coming up with all sorts of schemes to fill the stadium.

my money is one a 'buy a ticket, get a free giant sports direct mug' offer.