Sunderland

Nobody

Why are they so unnecessarily aggressive on that forum?

The thing that amazes me is you look at it sometimes - and this was the case for me the other day - and the first page consists of 20 threads, all of which have been started in the last 10 minutes.

I have no reason to dislike Sunderland, but I poke around a few forums for other clubs and that one is without a doubt the most embarrassing one.

I am not even a Sunderland fan and I feel embarrassed reading it, it is so utterly puerile.

It reads like pretty much every poster stopped going to school aged 11 and just spends every night smoking 100 tabs and shouting at the internet.

Remarkable.

Anyone in their 40s will remember this, but in the 70s or 80s there was a tv documentary about a private school which basically had no rules, they just let the kids run things.

Summer-something I think it was called.

So, basically, it was like a post-apocalyptic / Lord of the Flies situation with posh but feral 13 year olds bullying the staff and laying down the law, running around the place throwing shit up the walls and pissing on teachers.

That is *exactly* what RTG reminds me of, except the kids aren't posh, they're just feral.

Anyone in their 40s will remember this, but in the 70s or 80s there was a tv documentary about a private school which basically had no rules, they just let the kids run things.

So, basically, it was like a post-apocalyptic / Lord of the Flies situation with posh but feral 13 year olds bullying the staff and laying down the law, running around the place throwing shit up the walls and pissing on teachers.

That is *exactly* what RTG reminds me of, except the kids aren't posh, they're just feral.

What? :lol:

What? :lol:

Summerhill School?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summerhill_School

Summerhill is what Brummie is looking for.

Edit, then again it sounds a bit like West Denton from the3 description, teachers beinbg bullied etc.

That's the one! Summerhill.

The documentary was 1980s, I think. There was a more recent one, too, I think, but the one I saw was the original one.

From the wikipedia page, re former students:

Mikey Cuddihy, artist and lecturer at the University of Brighton, whose 2014 Summerhill memoir A Conversation About Happiness tells how

"it was common for students to get married in mock weddings, and they were allowed to sleep together...More worryingly, sexual relations between students and teachers were also common...Neill's 35-year-old stepson Myles, who taught pottery...went out with some of the more senior pupils (because) he has a special dispensation