Sunderland

Nobody

the spawny fuckers will find a way out of it, the next 2 games i think can define the rest of their season as December looks a wipe out, the cant keep going on getting lucky results against the top sides every season? can they?

i pray to god this is their time to go  :morph:

This is the year we fail to stay up. I can feel it...

Me too. At least no one will say they didn't see it coming.

I'd like to say I've enjoyed our time in the Premier League.........................but I can't. It's been f*cking wretched.  :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I'd like to say I've enjoyed our time in the Premier League.........................but I can't. It's been f*cking wretched.  :lol:

What is the clubs financial situation like? because I imagine they must be in shit loads of debt. Is it realistic for you to expect to be promoted again any time soon, if you did go down?

They don't have many stand out players that other Premier League/European clubs will be swarming over. Could see them keeping the majority of the squad and coming back up.

Can't see Defoe or Fletcher hanging around should they go down

Also O'shea and Brown will be another year older/slower

They don't have many stand out players that other Premier League/European clubs will be swarming over. Could see them keeping the majority of the squad and coming back up.

Can't see Defoe or Fletcher hanging around should they go down

Also O'shea and Brown will be another year older/slower

people on here were predicting this highly paid aging squad thing/ loan players catching up with them a few seasons ago.

Guest Roger Kint

What is the clubs financial situation like? because I imagine they must be in shit loads of debt. Is it realistic for you to expect to be promoted again any time soon, if you did go down?

Lost nearly £200m the last 5 years or so havent they? :lol:

I wouldn't have thought that they would be able to sustain Jack Rodwell's wages in the Champo.

He'll be one of their top earners.

I left him in on the basis that they won't be able to shift him. Who in their right mind will take him now? He'll have a relegation wage clause too, you'd have thought.

I wouldn't have thought that they would be able to sustain Jack Rodwell's wages in the Champo.

He'll be one of their top earners.

I left him in on the basis that they won't be able to shift him. Who in their right mind will take him now? He'll have a relegation wage clause too, you'd have thought.

:thup: Fair enough.

I'm sure our resident mackems have been saying "this is the year we finally go down".  For the last few years?  They'll get 6 points off us and stop up like usual. 

I think with that horrible, midtable bog troll now in charge.  They'll somehow get out of it.  They look utter shite and I don't see how they will get enough points.  At present, there certainly aren't 3 worse teams than them on current form.  But I think he'll find a way to hoof them to safety.   

I'm not so sure, I can't see how Sam can motivate them or produce any kind of bounce. He's good at avoiding relegation, but not necessarily when he joins mid-season. A lot depends on January transfers.

already moaning about him on radio, it's great.

over on RTG -

The ultimate defender is the keeper. If he's not good enough for Man City, he's not good enough for us! Bring back Pickford. I'm sick and tired of Sunderland being a pension club ... Allardyce, McMeneny, Defoe, and any other has been. We want genuine, young talent with a bit of flare. Watmore you're in. Better than Harry Kane by a long way. Come January, Toivonen, Cattermole, Coates, O'Shea (and definitely Brown) HAVE GOT TO GO. We need defenders with pace .. Yedlin is great; van Aanholt is good if he has the usual support ahead of him. And, by the way, Johnson fits into the Pantillimon mould -- if he's not good enough for Man City, he's definitely not good enough for us. WE ARE NOT A PENSION CLUB. We are definitely a Southampton.

anywhere else and I'd think that was a joke, to be fair they all think he's mental too

over on RTG -

The ultimate defender is the keeper. If he's not good enough for Man City, he's not good enough for us! Bring back Pickford. I'm sick and tired of Sunderland being a pension club ... Allardyce, McMeneny, Defoe, and any other has been. We want genuine, young talent with a bit of flare. Watmore you're in. Better than Harry Kane by a long way. Come January, Toivonen, Cattermole, Coates, O'Shea (and definitely Brown) HAVE GOT TO GO. We need defenders with pace .. Yedlin is great; van Aanholt is good if he has the usual support ahead of him. And, by the way, Johnson fits into the Pantillimon mould -- if he's not good enough for Man City, he's definitely not good enough for us. WE ARE NOT A PENSION CLUB. We are definitely a Southampton.

anywhere else and I'd think that was a joke, to be fair they all think he's mental too

Wow.