Sunderland

Nobody

Looked like they played quite well tonight but a single goal lead may not be enough down there with Rooney and possibly Van Persie fit for the second leg.

They were only slightly less shite than Man U IMO, can't remember them creating much apart from the two gifted goals.

When you see a team winning a semi-final against Man Utd with an own goal and debatable penalty after beating Chelsea in the last minute of extra time in the quarters it does start to look like their name might be on the thing....

Looked like they played quite well tonight but a single goal lead may not be enough down there with Rooney and possibly Van Persie fit for the second leg.

They were only slightly less shite than Man U IMO, can't remember them creating much apart from the two gifted goals.

Relatively speaking obviously. Still think if Man U click at home for 15 minutes they'll score 2 or 3 and win the tie fairly comfortably. To go to Old Trafford and defend a single-goal lead for 90 minutes in a semi final would be some going.

When you see a team winning a semi-final against Man Utd with an own goal and debatable penalty after beating Chelsea in the last minute of extra time in the quarters it does start to look like their name might be on the thing....

Nah, can't be, man. They always focus in on the bloke engraving the name on the base of the trophy....TV would never be allowed to show him etching 'Bunch of C.unts'

Relatively speaking obviously. Still think if Man U click at home for 15 minutes they'll score 2 or 3 and win the tie fairly comfortably. To go to Old Trafford and defend a single-goal lead for 90 minutes in a semi final would be some going.

They've not played an away cup game in living memory. Jammy fuckers always seem to get cushy home draws against lower league sides in the early rounds before scraping home against bigger clubs' reserves in the later rounds.

That attendance for a semi final. Around 24K bothering to turn out despite cheap tickets  :blush: - they had almost that many attendance threads going.

Watch City get beat at home off shitty West Ham tomorrow, that's when you know it's time to give up

City will destroy them I reckon, still a fairly good chance Man U will beat Sunderland at home like by a few, they can't go on like this much longer surely and if rooney is back it will be enough to beat them lot

About 15,000 empty seats there tonight. :lol:

17,000 although it was only a League Cup Semi Final against one of the biggest clubs in the World and kids had to pay a fiver to get in tonight when usually it's free.

They were moaning on about "loads of Geordies" buying tickets too so it gets even worse.

They're going to win the f***ing thing aren't they?

The final is at Wembley, not SOL, so 1-0 against City will be out of the question, surely.

:yao:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2013/4/10/1365613629622/Wigan-Athletic-FA-Cup-008.jpg

For any lurking Boat Burners-and there'll be plenty-aye, we had 52,000 empty seats tonight because we don't do cups  :embarrassed: ...but...25,000 home fans for a semi-final??

No excuses, like-that is f.ucking sh!te.

To be honest I don't really understand why people get the hump over attendances.

I was there. I enjoyed myself and wouldn't mind if I was the only one in the ground.

For any lurking Boat Burners-and there'll be plenty-aye, we had 52,000 empty seats tonight because we don't do cups  :embarrassed: ...but...25,000 home fans for a semi-final??

To be honest I don't really understand why people get the hump over attendances.

I was there. I enjoyed myself and wouldn't mind if I was the only one in the ground.

Its bantz, marra.  :buck2:

Seriously, though, on the one hand, I'm absolutely certain we would sell out a semi-final no matter our league position, whilst on the other hand, the sunlun fans there won't give two sh!ts what we think cos they've just seen their team win the first leg of a cup semi final.  :undecided:

That may well be true, but you must admit that Sunderland fans in general do seem to have something of an obsession with attendances. Additionally they love telling everyone how loyal they are, while "mags" they know never go to the games etc etc.

Embarrassing attendances like tonight (and be honest it was) just make those claims look ridiculous.