Sunderland

Nobody

Not sure how well the objectivity argument holds up given the nature of the current debate tbh :lol:

(this is posted entirely without prejudice, however, since I have zero interest in, or opinions on, said player)

My only desire is to see Altidore succeed, as it is important for the growth of the game in my country. He's not a world-beater, he's not world class. He's not a top-20 striker in the PL. He's a young player who is better than he gets credit for. And the level of disproportionate bullshit directed at him either stems from massive WUMing or irrational hatred for Sunderland/American players.

Scored just as many as Cisse this season.

Hush now, it doesn't fit the narrative.

What a load of sweaty arse crack.  :lol: Cisse gets enough criticism in his own thread and several others round here, you've justified comparing jozy with the most out of form player on our books. Cracking, he's Americas best player as well yeah?  :lol:

Your boy has been shit so far, equally as shite as his hull days. Hopefully for you he'll score against us and you can be proud of your nations talents once again.

First, I've never claimed he's our best player. He's not. I've only ever claimed he's better than he's given credit for by some of you hellbent on your anti-Mackem/anti-Yank crusade.

He has not been shit. Next to Giaccherini, he has easily been the best player on a very poor team. RVP himself wouldn't be scoring for Sunderland at the moment, they're just that bad. And to pre-empt your next quip, no, that statement is not akin to saying "Altidore is just as good as RVP."

His hold-up play has been quite good, he makes smart passes, and he can rip off a good shot. When he gets the ball, which is few and far between. Amazing how whenever he receives service for the U.S., he scores. Whenever he received service for AZ, he scored. Of course, 'CONCACAF and the Eredivisie are shit' blah blah blah and all that utter nonsense.

It's funny that, for instance, "Sessegnon was their best player over the past few years, albeit bang average." Now that he no longer plays for Sunderland, "he's a really good player." Some of you are utterly incapable of objectivity when it comes to Sunderland. It's a childishness that extends far beyond football and, from outsiders' perspectives, is wildly pathetic. Sunderland is a nothing team from a nothing city with no history. If you want to be taken seriously by the rest of the country (and, despite pretending not to care, so many of you constantly bemoan the fact that Newcastle is slighted by southerners), stop comparing yourselves to Sunderland and start comparing yourselves to the Liverpools and Manchesters of the football world. Hold yourselves to a higher standard.

Mackem TBH.

this

Not sure how well the objectivity argument holds up given the nature of the current debate tbh :lol:

(this is posted entirely without prejudice, however, since I have zero interest in, or opinions on, said player)

My only desire is to see Altidore succeed, as it is important for the growth of the game in my country. He's not a world-beater, he's not world class. He's not a top-20 striker in the PL. He's a young player who is better than he gets credit for. And the level of disproportionate bullshit directed at him either stems from massive WUMing or irrational hatred for Sunderland/American players.

And my point is, of course, that your desire for him to succeed perhaps leads to you defending him more than is justified, just as some on here lay into him more than is justified?  I have no idea, it's just that objectivity is easiest when you have no personal interest at all.

FWIW, I don't think anyone rated Altidore when he was playing for Hull. If people are small minded Geordies for thinking he's bang average then surely the same people could accuse you of being blinded by patriotism in rating him?

Aye, basically.

And my point is, of course, that your desire for him to succeed perhaps leads to you defending him more than is justified, just as some on here lay into him more than is justified?  I have no idea, it's just that objectivity is easiest when you have no personal interest at all.

:thup: I like you Deuce, so i'm going to kill you last.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4pmUNQE7llI/SEAb1jQQGpI/AAAAAAAAB7Y/x1R3BT2nImE/s400/commando06.jpg

Not only are most of their players s***, frankly they don't give a s*** either.

Sounds familiar.

Yup - As hilarious as their ongoing predicament is,  I'm refraining from taking the p*ss for the sole reason that, even if we take the lead tomorrow, I still expect us to get severely bummed......

Fuck that, I'm taking the piss anyway. Got to take your pleasures where you can this season, beggars can't be choosers.

FWIW, I don't think anyone rated Altidore when he was playing for Hull. If people are small minded Geordies for thinking he's bang average then surely the same people could accuse you of being blinded by patriotism in rating him?

:lol: We rated him. This entire dumb thing is reactions to reactions. All we want the kid to do is play well. It's unfortunate he plays where he plays, but we're not going to dislike one of our own because his shirt is weird.

The people who judge him solely off his performance for Hull, 4 years ago, when he was 19 years old, also haven't seen him play since then. I agree, he was an awful player for Hull. And he was really bad prior to moving to AZ. I hated watching him play prior to a couple years ago, because he consistently played poorly whenever he put on the U.S. kit. That's as recent as summer 2012 btw.

What a load of sweaty arse crack.  :lol: Cisse gets enough criticism in his own thread and several others round here, you've justified comparing jozy with the most out of form player on our books. Cracking, he's Americas best player as well yeah?  :lol:

Your boy has been s*** so far, equally as s**** as his hull days. Hopefully for you he'll score against us and you can be proud of your nations talents once again.

First, I've never claimed he's our best player. He's not. I've only ever claimed he's better than he's given credit for by some of you hellbent on your anti-Mackem/anti-Yank crusade.

He has not been s***. Next to Giaccherini, he has easily been the best player on a very poor team. RVP himself wouldn't be scoring for Sunderland at the moment, they're just that bad. And to pre-empt your next quip, no, that statement is not akin to saying "Altidore is just as good as RVP."

His hold-up play has been quite good, he makes smart passes, and he can rip off a good shot. When he gets the ball, which is few and far between. Amazing how whenever he receives service for the U.S., he scores. Whenever he received service for AZ, he scored. Of course, 'CONCACAF and the Eredivisie are s***' blah blah blah and all that utter nonsense.

It's funny that, for instance, "Sessegnon was their best player over the past few years, albeit bang average." Now that he no longer plays for Sunderland, "he's a really good player." Some of you are utterly incapable of objectivity when it comes to Sunderland. It's a childishness that extends far beyond football and, from outsiders' perspectives, is wildly pathetic. Sunderland is a nothing team from a nothing city with no history. If you want to be taken seriously by the rest of the country (and, despite pretending not to care, so many of you constantly bemoan the fact that Newcastle is slighted by southerners), stop comparing yourselves to Sunderland and start comparing yourselves to the Liverpools and Manchesters of the football world. Hold yourselves to a higher standard.

Dry those eyes man. What a drama queen.

Your boy has been s*** so far, equally as s**** as his hull days. Hopefully for you he'll score against us and you can be proud of your nations talents once again.

He has not been s***. Next to Giaccherini, he has easily been the best player on a very poor team. RVP himself wouldn't be scoring for Sunderland at the moment, they're just that bad. And to pre-empt your next quip, no, that statement is not akin to saying "Altidore is just as good as RVP."

His hold-up play has been quite good, he makes smart passes, and he can rip off a good shot. When he gets the ball, which is few and far between. Amazing how whenever he receives service for the U.S., he scores. Whenever he received service for AZ, he scored. Of course, 'CONCACAF and the Eredivisie are s***' blah blah blah and all that utter nonsense.

Dry those eyes man. What a drama queen.

:spit:

He was 18 at the time in one of the worst teams the Premier League has seen. I don't think any of the Americans here go overboard when defending him, we've all seen him play very well and none of us are claiming he's anything more than decent/good striker. He did however, make a terrible choice in joining Sunderland. They don't suit him at all.

:lol: We rated him. This entire dumb thing is reactions to reactions. All we want the kid to do is play well. It's unfortunate he plays where he plays, but we're not going to dislike one of our own because his shirt is weird.

:thup:

:thup:

It really doesn't get any deeper than that. Not sure why it's so difficult for this lot to grasp.

Anyway, it's a losing proposition talking about Sunderland in any way, shape, or form. Too many people stuck in the past.

The reason people on here think he's shit is not because he's playing for Sunderland, it's because the 33 times they've seen him play, he's scored once.

Not sure why it's so difficult for you lot to grasp.

:lol: No way in hell anyone has seen all those games.