Sunderland

Nobody

Not one player there who they actually own that's worth keeping.

Well, there's hardly anything worth keeping in any case (and the ones that are may well want away at the end of the season should relegation happen), but all these players will need replacing on an already limited budget, unless Short is willing to bankroll them to the tune of another 50 million or so to give them a chance to go straight back up. If they sink, I could see them struggling to come straight back up much more than we did thanks to the one thing Ashley got right in his time here: keeping a strong squad of mainly Premiersip players to ensure we would give ourselves the best possible chance of bouncing straight back.

Get relegated, clear the decks. And build a long term strategy instead of blagging it season after season.

Basically what happened to us during the relegation season.

We kept the nucleus of our team and they are what brought us up on the first attempt. The mackems have half their squad on contracts ending at the end of the season, and a few of the better players will probably want away in any case if they do go down. Coupled with the fact that not many good players will want to join a relegated team, their situation could well be a lot different to ours.

We kept the nucleus of *a team, not really the lads that got us relegated.

We sold/released our first choice strikers, first choice LW, RB, CB etc. what we had left we kept and built around.

anyone know how much he's got to spend in january?  He'd be a complete fecking tool to take the job without some re-assurances he'd have some pocket money to spend in january.  That team has all the hallmarks of what we looked and played like in our relegation season. 

They're doomed!!!!  :celb:

I just had 10 minutes going through their Pewer Football forum, my god there is some shit in there....

On one of the topics someone was going on about Poyet being the third manager to tell Short that the squad isnt good enough, what has he done about it?  Nothing!  Or words to that effect....

Jesus, he has backed every single manager with huge sums of money to improve he squad, it is hardly his fault that every manager has brought in similar shit to that shit they already had!  It is no surprise that Short has appointed someone like Di Fanti to oversee what the manager are spending his cash on considering the waste they have brought in to date.

Seriously, without big hearted, thick headed, Ellis Short they would be so far down the pan by now.  All that would be left would be some fading skid marks......

It's strange that their biggest gripe is that they need a new overhaul every 6 months. You'd think they'd start to question Short's managerial hiring practices ahead of it. There's clearly a more fundamental issue than 'we've got shit players'. It's all well and good backing your managers, if you hire the right managers who don't buy dross every time. How Short still feels the urge to waste his money is beyond me.

It's strange that their biggest gripe is that they need a new overhaul every 6 months. You'd think they'd start to question Short's managerial hiring practices ahead of it. There's clearly a more fundamental issue than 'we've got s*** players'. It's all well and good backing your managers, if you hire the right managers who don't buy dross every time. How Short still feels the urge to waste his money is beyond me.

Their manager can't do any wrong ever though, until they're sacked and replaced of course. Then they were dogshite in the first place and the very reason the new manager now has a mountain to climb.. :lol:

Mackem I know is already grumbling about them being given Marriner this Saturday.

Lining their excuses up already.

What's he done to them recently? Anything of note?

ploughed money into them and backed each manager....the bastard.

To be fair, Short is getting it in the neck on RTG recently.

They spent 153 million on transfers in the past five years, or nearly 50 mill net, putting them 8th in the nett spend table. His decision making is there to be questioned, but they cannot complain they haven't been royally backed by their owner.

Mackem I know is already grumbling about them being given Marriner this Saturday.

ploughed money into them and backed each manager....the b******.

I meant Andre Marriner like  :lol:

He really shouldn't be reffing them then.

To be fair, Short is getting it in the neck on RTG recently.

They spent 153 million on transfers in the past five years, or nearly 50 mill net, putting them 8th in the nett spend table. His decision making is there to be questioned, but they cannot complain they haven't been royally backed by their owner.

We were heavily backed financially by Shepherd and the board over many years, during and after SBR era. Throwing money at the problem alone, clearly is not the way to go, especially for clubs spending well above their means.

I meant Andre Marriner like  :lol:

I just don't read and reply to what I want to...right? :lol:

:blush:

He really shouldn't be reffing them then.

fuck you