Sunderland

Nobody

Its obvious to say, but with every game that goes by that they don't win, the chances of them staying up decrease.

2 games ago (23 games to go) it was all about how they would beat West Ham and Norwich, at worst get 4pts. Now they didn't beat either of them and have 21 games to go with the same gap.

The teams above them will likely win at least three games each before the end of the season, so with the mackems fantastic goal difference they will need to win 5 games from their last 23.

Next game Everton away...

They also have 2 winnable games against Cardiff and Villa. Cardiff are probably the worst team in the league. I know Sunderland are bad, but IMO if you cant beat Cardiff with all their on the pitch and off the pitch problems, you might as well quit now. Glad Brown is out for that one.

what they seem to miss, is the fact many of the teams above them play each other over the coming weeks. Its literally impossible for them all not to win any points.

:thup:

Another thing they appear to be missing is that despite the current gap to 17th being "only 4 points", they are only a West Ham win away from being 6 points plus a massive goal difference (or 7 points if you will) adrift. Previously there were quite few teams around that 17th spot, but there appears to be a gap forming between the bottom 3 and the rest.

Yet another thing they appear to be missing is that to stay up they are not relying on just the one or two teams to fall apart, or not pick up in the case of Fulham and West Ham, but three of them. "On paper" (a game they love to play), two of the arguably weakest squads (Cardiff and Hull) are already 7 and 10 points ahead of them.

They are not yet relegated of course, but they are in far worse position than a good number of their fans and players (the "only four points from safety/plenty of home games versus weak opposition left to play" brigade) like to think.

They also have 2 winnable games against Cardiff and Villa. Cardiff are probably the worst team in the league. I know Sunderland are bad, but IMO if you cant beat Cardiff with all their on the pitch and off the pitch problems, you might as well quit now. Glad Brown is out for that one.

You might want to refer to my earlier post about their record in these so-called winnable games/versus these so-called beatable sides. It's worse than pathetic.

In all honesty they have lost a lot of coin flips. They have only been heavily beaten once under Poyet, and that was his first game. I think defensively they are pretty decent, they just can't score. Adam Johnson or Giaccerini are due a flash of brilliance. If they can't beat Cardiff then I think it is game over for them. but even if they draw they will still be 3 points from safety in all likely hood, going into a home game against a poor Villa team.

Pretty confident Cardiff will beat them

In all honesty they have lost a lot of coin flips. They have only been heavily beaten once under Poyet, and that was his first game. I think defensively they are pretty decent, they just can't score. Adam Johnson or Giaccerini are due a flash of brilliance. If they can't beat Cardiff then I think it is game over for them. but even if they draw they will still be 3 points from safety in all likely hood, going into a home game against a poor Villa team.

Pretty decent if u ignore the fact they are trying to set a new record for OG's in a season, and only Fulham have conceded more goals than them. Yep, pretty decent.

Cardiff looked decent in the second half against liverpool, can see their crowd getting right behind their manager in the next two games, both at home, and picking up points to create some breathing space for Mackay.

Lets be honest though, Mackay isn't going to cut it long term as a Premiership manager. He's in the Hughton bracket, nice guy and done well at a troubled club in the Championship, but he's out of his depth at this level.

Lets be honest though, Mackay isn't going to cut it long term as a Premiership manager. He's in the Hughton bracket, nice guy and done well at a troubled club in the Championship, but he's out of his depth at this level.

How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

The Premier League gets talked up far too much tbh. You're probably looking at half the league that some folk would describe as not good enough for it.

I'm still far from convinced they'll go down.

me neither. It may be that we take more notice of them than we would if it were a Norwich or a Stoke being down there so give them a bit more credit when they aren't horrible.

The Premier League gets talked up far too much tbh. You're probably looking at half the league that some folk would describe as not good enough for it.

Like this in pretty much every other league though, it's just the nature of it.

In light of Stiflers recent drivvle:

Kind of wish I'd worked harder at A Levels and gone to Oxbridge. Nobody even mentioned it as a possibility at my school though, which I think is a big missed opportunity.

Also regret doing Design & Technology for A Level, which was basically a waste of two years if you had half a brain. Can't believe nobody stopped me from doing it TBH.

I realise both of these are blaming other people!

To be fair I know how you feel.

At school the teachers gave up on me, even at primary school level. I listened to them all, I was told I couldn't do my A levels, I was told that I couldn't move up a set in maths because the set above me was disruptive and it would hinder my learning. As a result I was only allowed to sit a paper that meant I could not pass my GCSE's on. I listened to so many people for a long time who said educationally I could do f*** all.

I'm now in my 2nd year at college, I have an interview at Cambridge next month, last year I passed my Psychology subject with distinctions. This year admittedly with another subject added I'm finding things a lot harder. Fair enough my chances of getting into Cambridge where I really want to be are slim, but I have a chance. Thats something no one had ever given me.

I have an interview at Cambridge next month

interview at Cambridge

Howay man, really!? :lol:

In light of Stiflers recent drivvle:

Kind of wish I'd worked harder at A Levels and gone to Oxbridge. Nobody even mentioned it as a possibility at my school though, which I think is a big missed opportunity.

Also regret doing Design & Technology for A Level, which was basically a waste of two years if you had half a brain. Can't believe nobody stopped me from doing it TBH.

I realise both of these are blaming other people!

To be fair I know how you feel.

At school the teachers gave up on me, even at primary school level. I listened to them all, I was told I couldn't do my A levels, I was told that I couldn't move up a set in maths because the set above me was disruptive and it would hinder my learning. As a result I was only allowed to sit a paper that meant I could not pass my GCSE's on. I listened to so many people for a long time who said educationally I could do f*** all.

I'm now in my 2nd year at college, I have an interview at Cambridge next month, last year I passed my Psychology subject with distinctions. This year admittedly with another subject added I'm finding things a lot harder. Fair enough my chances of getting into Cambridge where I really want to be are slim, but I have a chance. Thats something no one had ever given me.

I have an interview at Cambridge next month

interview at Cambridge

Howay man, really!? :lol:

:lol: Must be like the x factor where they put the knackers through to the judges to give everyone a laugh.