Sunderland

Nobody

Guest bimpy474

If Man City win the cup doesn't an extra Europa league spot go to the league, so if Sunderland lose they could potentially send us to Europe depending on where we finish.

Yep.

Would be the only outcome that would make it palatable at least.

We'd need to finish 7th at least and a top four club would also have to win the FA Cup. Can't see it.

Top 5, still not likely.

Huh? We're on about extra places going to the league...

Whoever finishes 5th is into the Europa, they win the cup, they're in that way. Top 4 into Champions League. City win League cup 5th and 6th get Europa places.

Losers in the FA Cup get the third Europa place unless it's a top 6 team, Europa goes to 7th place. Mad but possible.

They'll get stuffed in the final.

Man City are merciless under Pelligrini.

Aye, showed no mercy at Sunderland's place this season.

Saving grace that City's form has been absolutely divine since that game, they've barely lost since then.

Also, Pellegrini seems like the kind of bloke who'd make sure they got over that and stuffed the fuck out of them.

If Man City win the cup doesn't an extra Europa league spot go to the league, so if Sunderland lose they could potentially send us to Europe depending on where we finish.

Yep.

We'd need to finish 7th at least and a top four club would also have to win the FA Cup. Can't see it.

Top 5, still not likely.

Whoever finishes 5th is into the Europa, they win the cup, they're in that way. Top 4 into Champions League. City win League cup 5th and 6th get Europa places.

Losers in the FA Cup get the third Europa place unless it's a top 6 team, Europa goes to 7th place. Mad but possible.

Yeah, I know. That's why I said we'd have to finish 7th at least to have a chance.

Guest bimpy474

Yep.

Top 5, still not likely.

Yeah, I know. That's why I said we'd have to finish 7th at least to have a chance.

I know, just putting the different ways for it to happen, for the mungs who keep thinking the losers of the League Cup somehow get there :lol:

Yep.

Good.

Don't want that pesky European qualification in the way of our attempt to have back to back 8th place finishes.

Can somebody calm me down and say that City will beat them? Because I'm convinced otherwise.

http://i.imgur.com/Wu2dGeO.jpg

Decent point. I guess it's lose-lose for us because they get a nice day out at Wembley and a long time to wind us up about it :(

Decent point. I guess it's lose-lose for us because they get a nice day out at Wembley and a long time to wind us up about it :(

They'll not win the cup and they'll have a horrible trip back, losing in a final is about as bad as it gets.  Hopefully Man City will also embarrass them.

Can somebody calm me down and say that City will beat them? Because I'm convinced otherwise.

http://i.imgur.com/Wu2dGeO.jpg

Looking at that picture...I have a good idea which two will end up starting.