Sunderland

Nobody

Guest Bert Shaft

Sunderland have got to a cup final.... good luck to 'em.

As much as I detest the b******s, at least they don't have a fat c*nt of an owner and an idiotic senile old sidekick preaching to all and sundry that winning a cup is not a priority. They will get a good twatting in the final, (citeh won't f* ck 2 finals up in a row) and we will have good laugh when they do,  but nevertheless the filth will at least have a day out at Wembley whilst fatty and JFK are getting p*ssed and celebrating the incoming prize money and  oglng whatever certificate they will receive for achieving NUFCs "lofty" 8th or 9th place league finish.

Good eh!

Respect to them for getting there, doesn't matter whether their run was the hardest or the easiest, they've done what they need to do to get to wembley. Now they have a chance for Europe and some silverware. I wish we were going.

Saying that, I imagine they're going to get butchered, and I shall enjoy that. Even then, they're expected to lose, they can't really have all that bad of a day.

Can already imagine their ready made-excuse if we properly paste them 5-1 again in the derby in a week's time

'We're concentrating and reserving our energy on the Cup final at Wembley, marra!' even though it will be an exact month away..

Not that Pardew will get us to beat them 1-0 let alone 5-1.. 

Sunderland have got to a cup final.... good luck to 'em.

As much as I detest the b******s, at least they don't have a fat c*nt of an owner and an idiotic senile old sidekick preaching to all and sundry that winning a cup is not a priority. They will get a good twatting in the final, (citeh won't f* ck 2 finals up in a row) and we will have good laugh when they do,  but nevertheless the filth will at least have a day out at Wembley whilst fatty and JFK are getting p*ssed and celebrating the incoming prize money and  oglng whatever certificate they will receive for achieving NUFCs "lofty" 8th or 9th place league finish.

Good eh!

Basically this - they took a huge gamble in replacing Di Canio so quickly and it has paid off for them...Poyet certainly has got Johnson playing much better than he has been and they are getting results after coming from behind, always a sign of a team with some spirit of togetherness. NUFC sides under Pardew have been mainly negative and over-cautious until recently.

Under the current regime, if any of our young fans want a trip to Wembley, they will either have to volunteer to be ball boys or get a ticket for an England game because they won't be seeing NUFC there any time soon....

Anyone whingeing about the Mackems on radio etc are merely making fools of themselves and providing ammunition for their fans to have a go at us...it seems to me that more of our fans should be attacking the people who are to blame for our mediocrity, esp in Cup competitions, than having a go at Sunderland reaching a Cup Final. The blame lies at our own doorstep.

As for what happens on the day...by every measure you can name, they should get tanked but that is what we older fans thought in 1973 when they reached the FAC final against Leeds...Leeds were, if anything, even more of a dominant side in the First Div then as City are in the PL now(without having foreign players)and we all thought they'd stuff the Mackems ; not so, Montgomery played out of his skin and Porterfield got the winning goal. City have already lost to them once.....

Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.....

They'll get bummed by Man City, it's all good

Like Wigan did in the FA Cup? Anything can happen in a cup final. I hope they do get bummed, but I thought they would from Man Utd as well. Given how their run has gone I'm fearful of some cup final magic bullshit and them winning.

I think they'll beat us in the derby too. Nothing to do with their cup run, more to do with Pardew's attitude and preparation in previous derbies.

We'll done makems. Having lived most of my life away from the NE, I never hated them, but see them as a club and a city with an inferiority complex. Winning cups or even the title (lol) wouldn't change that for them sadly. It's too ingrained.

I do loath ManU as a club though ... Having lived near glory hunters most if my life... and wish no end of grief for them.

I am one of the few pleased with this evening's result.

I've got good mates who'll now have a good day out. I was with them at the "Friendly Final" and have no problem with them getting there again. Man U were awful again and on balance I'm enjoying their embarrassment more than Sland's victory.

If they go on to beat City let's see how many travel to Eastern Europe.

Jammiest team in the world.

4 missed penalties man ffs and Hernandez spooning an almost open goal wide and then nearly missing the equalizer.

Bardsleys goal their first shot on target and even then De Gea hoyed it in the net!

Man U are shite without rooney and van persie.

Guest The_Optimistic

Well I managed to bring myself to put £10 at 20/1 before the game last night for them to win the cup. This should soften the blow slightly but I think it will take a bit more, they are 6/1 now.

They deserved to go through last night, and by the way the away goal rule that only kicks in at extra time as a disgrace, what was the logic behind that to bring it in?

Guest neesy111

4 missed penalties man ffs and Hernandez spooning an almost open goal wide and then nearly missing the equalizer.

Bardsleys goal their first shot on target and even then De Gea hoyed it in the net!

Man U are shite without rooney and van persie.

That sounds just bitter.  They deservedly went through.

Man U are s**** without rooney and van persie.

Aye. They werent 'jammy' at all. Man United were just shit.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye. They werent 'jammy' at all. Man United were just shit.

They still got beat mind ;)

Agree though they did deserve it, just a shame the mackems on my FB cant enjoy it without posting a status about us. Best result in over 20 years and the first thing in your mind is 'never seen a Geordie at the new Wembley' :anguish:

Guest Roger Kint

Well, you'd expect nothing less. I imagine if it was the other  way round you'd have some of our lot doing the same. Just have to suck it up and pray they get beat in the final.

This lad was there, at OT and posted that 1 min after the winning miss(:lol:) its fucking tragic he stopped celebrating to think of us.

It's hard to justify one shot on target in 120 minutes imo. And the shot was a 20 yarder which you'd expect any keeper from under 14 league upwards to be saving.

I think mackems probably shaded the two legs but i thought Man Utd were the better side last night, but they did actually win the game, just not the tie but they only have themselves to blame.