Sunderland

Nobody

Said ages ago that they wouldn't stay up but if they did I would come in here and applaud them for it.

Unfortunately I'm a man of my word Kaiz, I am good people

Your word is horrible.

Guest firetotheworks

I've wanted them to stay up so that we can batter them with a new manager. I don't like having the most recent run of games being comfortable losses. It's easy to say that you want to see the back of them to avoid the losses, but I see it the other way, which is probably stupid.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

If Pardew is sacked tomorrow I'll be glad they stayed up because hope for derbies is alive again and I can actually look forward to the games again.

Pardew is not going to be sacked though and we're gong to gift them 4-6 crucial points again next season. Fml.

Guest Bert Shaft

Wigan did "the great escape" a few years ago and then got relegated the following season.

We live in hope!

Guest antz1uk

as much as it pains me to say it they've performed a miracle over the last month, couple that with a wembley final and a decent FA cup run it's turned out to be a hell of a season for them, and they've done it with complete shit :( still not sure what Poyet is about though

Guest palnese

Poyet has been the third best manager this season, imo.

Just behind Rodgers and the nonce.

Guest H09

I think the miracle patter is too much. They had no excuses not to survive with their 3 homes games in the last 4, and points wise they still would have survived if they got nothing off City, Chelsea and Man Utd. Of course those wins provided the extra energy and form needed to win those last 3 but it's certainly no miracle.

The nonce?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/06/article-2257960-16C3A3B6000005DC-911_468x308.jpg

The nonce?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/06/article-2257960-16C3A3B6000005DC-911_468x308.jpg

funny you said that, I often think it when i see him on tv.

(of course there is no evidence that he is in fact a sex offender, and it is wrong to stereotype people of certain appearances into such catergorys)

So if results go for Sunderland on the last day, and after all's said and done, they could finish the season only 2 places below us.

Fuck me, just highlights how turgid we've been since Christmas.

So if results go for Sunderland on the last day, and after all's said and done, they could finish the season only 2 places below us.

f*** me, just highlights how turgid we've been since Christmas.

Basically just highlights how poor the bottom half of the league has been - both in the fact that Sunderland managed to get out the position they were in without being cut adrft, and that we haven't been dragged out of the top ten despite our form since New Year.

I've got to be honest, I thought we were down after getting one point from our first 8 games, then we had a little revival, but were bottom again at Christmas and I thought we were doomed. Again we recovered, followed by another massive slump, and after getting beat off West Ham at home, and losing 5-1 to Spurs I thought 'that's it, we're really f****d '. I really cannot believe what has happened in the last few weeks, and in all my years of following my team I've never known a season like it.

Would I do it all again next season ? No thanks  :idiot2: