Sunderland

Nobody

I'm almost 100% certain that come the first day of the 2015/16 season, Alan Pardew will still be at NUFC.

Phew, glad we avoid relegation next year then

they seem to be grabbing up all the no-name, mid table premier league players again. this didn't work last time.

I'll settle for that, after being bottom of the league for most of last season. If we play more of the decent football we showed in certain games then I'll be happy. It doesn't take a lot to please Sunderland fans after the shit we've had recently.

they seem to be grabbing up all the no-name, mid table premier league players again. this didn't work last time.

I'll settle for that, after being bottom of the league for most of last season. If we play more of the decent football we showed in certain games then I'll be happy. It doesn't take a lot to please Sunderland fans after the s*** we've had recently.

Fair enough. It just reminds me a bit of the summer you brought in Gardner, Larsson etc.. I thought Poyet would try and be more creative.. It's still early obviously.

Fair enough. It just reminds me a bit of the summer you brought in Gardner, Larsson etc.. I thought Poyet would try and be more creative.. It's still early obviously.

We've got no money though, and very few saleable assets, so I'm guessing that we'll see many more deals like this before the new season starts. Our transfer activity over the last 3 or 4 seasons has been poor, and we're seeing the results of that now.

He's never scored more than 5 in the top flight.

Surprises me to hear that, I can remember him going on a bit of a run for Wigan one year. Unless some of them were cup goals.

Wouldn't surprise me if he outscored each of our midfielders next season tbf.

They're letting go lots of very ordinary players and replacing them with another batch of very ordinary ones. The net effect will be negligible.

It's like for like imo.

They're letting go lots of very ordinary players and replacing them with another batch of very ordinary ones. The net effect will be negligible.

It's like for like imo.

Pretty much, having a proper manager with an idea of how to play football will likely see them fine however.

Think 'finding' Wickham is the biggest signing he could have made. Saved them £10m.

Guest Roger Kint

Their new mackemlogic is that they are the more established PL team as they have spent longer in the league than us  :uglystupid2:

Their new mackemlogic is that they are the more established PL team as they have spent longer in the league than us  :uglystupid2:

Other than the top six or seven there are no established PL teams. For everyone else survival is the first goal.

Even if you do manage to finish fairly high up your best players will all have to go and be squad players for big teams while you try to survive and build again.

I've been pissed off with football in general for a while now tbh

Guest Roger Kint

Other than the top six or seven there are no established PL teams. For everyone else survival is the first goal.

Even if you do manage to finish fairly high up your best players will all have to go and be squad players for big teams while you try to survive and build again.

I've been pissed off with football in general for a while now tbh

Was that meant to be in reply to mine? :lol: