Sunderland

Nobody

Their new mackemlogic is that they are the more established PL team as they have spent longer in the league than us  :uglystupid2:

Other than the top six or seven there are no established PL teams. For everyone else survival is the first goal.

Even if you do manage to finish fairly high up your best players will all have to go and be squad players for big teams while you try to survive and build again.

I've been p*ssed off with football in general for a while now tbh

Was that meant to be in reply to mine? :lol:

In a roundabout way I was agreeing with you. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Their new mackemlogic is that they are the more established PL team as they have spent longer in the league than us  :uglystupid2:

Other than the top six or seven there are no established PL teams. For everyone else survival is the first goal.

Even if you do manage to finish fairly high up your best players will all have to go and be squad players for big teams while you try to survive and build again.

I've been p*ssed off with football in general for a while now tbh

Was that meant to be in reply to mine? :lol:

In a roundabout way I was agreeing with you. :lol:

I thought so at first then got lost and had to think about it :lol:

I agree on your point re: surviving and basically being feeding grounds for the bigger teams(Southampton look to be particularly screwed in this) the biggest worry for us isnt so much losing players but that theres no reason to trust the club to replace them or the management to utilise them in any shape or form.

Think you are going to struggle again unless you spend big(doubt it) or manage to get Wickham to perform over 38 games which is also a stretch.

Wickham would be good here......

The very definition of a confidence player. He'll only ever perform in spells imho.

You might be right there, but it's good to know he'll be on his way regardless with only a year left on his contract.

Guest palnese

Wickham would be good here......

The very definition of a confidence player. He'll only ever perform in spells imho.

You might be right there, but it's good to know he'll be on his way regardless with only a year left on his contract.

He's what, 21? He's still a kid.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/9332518/premier-league-sunderland-fined-for-breaching-fa-rules-on-agents

Premier League: Sunderland fined for breaching FA rules on agents

Sunderland have been handed a £100,000 fine for infringing the Football Association's rules about agents.

The Premier League club admitted their guilt at an FA hearing, but can still appeal against the punishment.

A two-year suspension was also imposed on agent Abu Mahfuz, 18 months of which is suspended, for his role in the unspecified rules breach.

The FA said in a statement: "Following an independent regulatory commission hearing, Sunderland have been fined £100,000 and warned as to their future conduct after the club admitted breaching the FA's football agents' regulations.

"In relation to the same matter, Abu Mahfuz has had his agent licence suspended for two years with six months to be served starting from May 21 2014.

"The remaining 18 months is to be suspended and will be invoked upon a proven breach of the FA's agents' regulations during that period.

"Mr Mahfuz, who was also fined £500 and warned as to his future conduct, had denied breaching the FA's football agents regulations, however, the charge was found proven following an independent regulatory commission hearing.

"The above sanctions are subject to any appeal."

Mahfuz is listed by the FA on its website as an independent FA licensed agent.

They're letting go lots of very ordinary players and replacing them with another batch of very ordinary ones. The net effect will be negligible.

It's like for like imo.

Pretty much, having a proper manager with an idea of how to play football will likely see them fine however.

Think 'finding' Wickham is the biggest signing he could have made. Saved them £10m.

Saved them a lot more like. They'd have been down, possibly for a long time, if it wasn't for his rich vein of form.