Sunderland

Nobody

:lol:

Remains one of my biggest regrets that I didn't get to more matches in the Championship, or rather the fact I didn't make any of the away ones. Was so disinterested at the time.

It picked up markedly after Christmas when it became clear we were going to piss the league.

The 5-1 against Cardiff was fantastic, largely due to the fact it was a Friday night kick off and everyone was pissed.

I always forget how dire the first half of the season, just a bunch of 1-0 wins. It wasn't until a few of those January moves that we started looking like a dominant side.

Wayne Routledge, man. I remember being at his first game for us and being so happy that him signing meant players (of any level) wanted to come here and we weren't going to drop into the abyss.

Still wish I'd been to more away games that year, the one at Plymouth looked amazing, and Ipswich with Nolan's brace in about three seconds. Mostly went to fairly dull home wins that were over after half time. Still saw Nolan's owerheed kick and Pancrate's howitzer, mind.

If we'd had your transfer dealings so far I'd be saying we were relegation candidates. You started with a worse quality and smaller squad and not one player would I say 'yep, he'll help us stay up'. I can see QPR doing ok next year (comfortable at least), so you're relying on Leicester & Burnley being out of their depths to stand a chance.

van Aanholt was decent for us but he's done nowt at all for about 4 or 5 years, he could have stagnated.

don't think he's stagnated that much having gotton into the Dutch national team and narrowly missing out on the World Cup but yeah, he has been playing in the Eredivisie mostly the last few years....always wanted us to make a bid for him on the back of his decent performances (ok, limited!) for us. Sunderland might well have made a decent signing but we'll see.

They've made some astute signings for minimum outlay so far imo.

Jordi Gomez is not very mobile or industrious but he has unreal passing/shooting technique and good vision. Contrary to Pardew's beliefs that's enough to be an important creative asset.

Billy Jones is also a player I like. I remember him as a youngster for Crewe and later at Preston. He's simply a very good, versatile all-round footballer. Had some injuries and hasn't played a lot for WBA but last season was probably his best one so they've signed him at a good time.

I haven't seen anything of Van Aanholt recently but by all accounts he has improved playing regularly at Vitesse. If they re-sign Alsonso they'll have the LB sorted.

Of course they still need at least three new players of similar or higher quality. But even with the squads as they are now, we don't have any chance in the derbies while THE COWARD is here.

Jordi Gomez is not very mobile or industrious but he has unreal passing/shooting technique and good vision. Contrary to Pardew's beliefs that's enough to be an important creative asset.

Billy Jones is also a player I like. I remember him as a youngster for Crewe and later at Preston. He's simply a very good, versatile all-round footballer. Had some injuries and hasn't played a lot for WBA but last season was probably his best one so they've signed him at a good time.

I haven't seen anything of Van Aanholt recently but by all accounts he has improved playing regularly at Vitesse. If they re-sign Alsonso they'll have the LB sorted.

Of course they still need at least three new players of similar or higher quality. But even with the squads as they are now, we don't have any chance in the derbies while THE COWARD is here.

That's a bit OTT :lol:

Drugs are bad.

If we'd had your transfer dealings so far I'd be saying we were relegation candidates. You started with a worse quality and smaller squad and not one player would I say 'yep, he'll help us stay up'. I can see QPR doing ok next year (comfortable at least), so you're relying on Leicester & Burnley being out of their depths to stand a chance.

West Ham are looking comically bad mind.

They still up to 10 players to have a chance of staying up in my opinion. If you look at the teams around them they have all improved or are starting too. The only other teams I would be worried about is the newly relegated teams and Southampton. West Ham will do what they did last season, struggle at times but have enough about them to stay safe. West Brom are now investing in their squad, a week or so ago I would have said expect them to struggle. I don't think they will pull-up any tree's but they will be safe. Hull are investing in their squad and seem to be going somewhere under Bruce, their biggest threat to Premiership survival will be how they cope with the Europa League and I doubt they will go far in the knock outs so they again should have enough about them. Southampton just don't have any players left, if they investing some players, even average ones then I would say they would be safe but they have a lot of work to do.

Sunderland as it stands are in deep shit, if they don't hurry upend bring in quality players then I don't think their annual wins against us and Man City will be enough to save them this time. 

They still up to 10 players to have a chance of staying up in my opinion. If you look at the teams around them they have all improved or are starting too. The only other teams I would be worried about is the newly relegated teams and Southampton. West Ham will do what they did last season, struggle at times but have enough about them to stay safe. West Brom are now investing in their squad, a week or so ago I would have said expect them to struggle. I don't think they will pull-up any tree's but they will be safe. Hull are investing in their squad and seem to be going somewhere under Bruce, their biggest threat to Premiership survival will be how they cope with the Europa League and I doubt they will go far in the knock outs so they again should have enough about them. Southampton just don't have any players left, if they investing some players, even average ones then I would say they would be safe but they have a lot of work to do.

Sunderland as it stands are in deep shit, if they don't hurry upend bring in quality players then I don't think their annual wins against us and Man City will be enough to save them this time. 

Not a chance, they're never flushing and Pardew will help them any way he can.

Guest Geordiesned
On 26 July 2014 Rodriguez signed for Sunderland on a 3 year deal for a fee believed to be in the region of £90m in a double swap deal with Wes Brown going to Barcelona and Messi going to Sunderland.

Seems legit. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristian_Rodr%C3%ADguez

Signed for Sunderland according to Wiki, not sure the fee is correct though.

On 26 July 2014 Rodriguez signed for Sunderland on a 3 year deal for a fee believed to be in the region of £90m in a double swap deal with Wes Brown going to Barcelona and Messi going to Sunderland. The deal came later on in the day and left both Sunderland and Barcelona fans flabbergasted as Ellis short finally pulled his hands out of his buttocks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristian_Rodr%C3%ADguez

Signed for Sunderland according to Wiki, not sure the fee is correct though.

On 26 July 2014 Rodriguez signed for Sunderland on a 3 year deal for a fee believed to be in the region of £90m in a double swap deal with Wes Brown going to Barcelona and Messi going to Sunderland. The deal came later on in the day and left both Sunderland and Barcelona fans flabbergasted as Ellis short finally pulled his hands out of his buttocks.

Doesn't even play for Barca, how would they organise that? If you're going to take the mick at least ground it in reality. :huff: