Sunderland

Nobody

childish but fun -

http://i.imgur.com/0dlf0yb.jpg

From their website.....

Even a die-hard Watford fan might have difficulty in mentioning too many reasons, beyond the Making of Harry Potter, for extending your stay in the Hertfordshire town. Next on the list of hard-sell destinations must be Sunderland

Bit harsh, they signally fail to mention the UK's biggest free outdoor Fosters drinking festival air show.

Has anyone ever been to that glass centre thing? Sounds like a right load of boring esoteric sh*te to me.....

childish but fun -

From their website.....

Even a die-hard Watford fan might have difficulty in mentioning too many reasons, beyond the Making of Harry Potter, for extending your stay in the Hertfordshire town. Next on the list of hard-sell destinations must be Sunderland

Bit harsh, they signally fail to mention the UK's biggest free outdoor Fosters drinking festival air show.

Has anyone ever been to that glass centre thing? Sounds like a right load of boring esoteric sh*te to me.....

Been there and it's shite.

childish but fun -

From their website.....

The Blue pop bottle exhibition was quite exciting.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/t/blue-soda-pop-bottle-drink-isolated-white-background-52770355.jpg

They had a new stadium buzz and played some decent football under Reid. Once they'd been relegated a couple times the latch ons disappeared.

And they call us the 1992ers. They were getting sub 20,000 crowds at roker park (not filling it) in their promotion season of 95/96. When they eventually had a couple of decent seasons in the top flight they were getting canny crowds in their new stadium. From 97 onwards their crowds doubled compared to what they were getting a couple of years earlier. Yes they moved to a bigger stadium but that means nowt, they weren't even filling joker park. And they have the cheek to mention 1992ers to us. They're the fucken 1997ers. Never see them mention that mind.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's amazing just how many mugs do attend our games, theirs and Villa, 3 of the worst ran clubs in the division where mediocrity reigns.

It's amazing just how many mugs do attend our games, theirs and Villa, 3 of the worst ran clubs in the division where mediocrity reigns.

The sky era has definitely seen the whole "massive club" concept get out of control. It is like a sort of mind-game version of transfer deadline day, lots of fart and not a lot of shit, just frivolous rubbish of no consequence.

If it isn't fans of clubs which really have more important things to worry about than that, it is pundits doing it, players doing it, managers doing it. It has all the sincerity of the badge kissing player.

It all rings a bit hollow when you've just finished 17th. i didn't feel too massive then, or in any way proud, it was absolutely embarrassing.

Birmingham City have won more than us in the last (almost) twenty years, FFS. How massive is that?

Like you said, HTT, the real issue is the complicit acceptance of mediocrity from clubs who used to aspire to better.

Guest Howaythetoon

If the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. were ran like us and finished seasons like us they would struggle to get half the crowds our clubs do.