Sunderland

Nobody

Why not? We can have depth you know. We'll have plenty injuries I'm sure, especially with shitlungs on the list. Plus we've got none at CM, so I'd personally be looking to utilize Wijnaldum back there. I wouldn't be looking to play Borini as the central guy behind the striker anyway, probably shove him on the wing or upfront, depending upon what's happening with the squad.

Gabriel Obertan has started multiple games for us.

How on earth are they happy with their window? Lots of posts on RTG about how "congers did well" etc. They have Championship standard left back, horrible centrehalves apart from O'Shea, totally useless Cattermole still in midfield.. Pantilimon is a good keeper and M'Vila looks like a good player. Defoe might not be interested being on the wing the whole season.

Re boring: I Personally think it's about the best they can do (and vice versa) in this state and at this time of the window. Saying that he'll have had them over a barrel, it'll be somewhere north of what Wickham was getting and maybe even to match Defoe. He'll have daft clauses as well, as soon as he can he will be off. Make no mistake about it, he's only there because playing for Sunderland is (arguably) better than playing for Liverpool reserves.

Why not?

Because we could get so much more for that kind of money. £10m for Borini ffs.

Maybe. I don't mind Borini and I don't give a shit about the money. If I had a choice of our current squad with Borini, or our current squad without Borini, I'd take the former.

Defoe might not be interested being on the wing the whole season.

He won't play on the wing now.

Yea, Borini of course on the left, Lens (who looks good I admit) right, but Defoe as only CF really doesn't seem like Advocaat's system. Johnson will surely start when fit, so Johnson right, Lens left and Borini up top? They have good players but Toivonen is the only one who gives different option. If as it seems Fletcher and Graham are not good enough for Dick

I reckon they'll score more than us this year. Lens, Borini, M'vila and Defoe is alright tbh.

Terrible defence though.

Except only one of those has ever been anything like a real goal scorer (Defoe, and he's on the way out).  Lens is decent for a winger but isn't going to get double figures, neither is Borini.  Meanwhile M'Vila has 3 goals in 194 games :lol:

Christ, how could he have made it more obvious they are his second (and that's generous) choice?! 

Imagine if this was an ex-lass who had made it very public she wasn't interested in you despite you doing everything to get her back. Instead, she clung onto her current (disinterested) lad until he literally kicked her out the door, and then turned up saying - "one more chance?" and spouted some billy bullsh*t about you being the best lad in town.

You have a choice - if you had anything about you, you'd slam the door. Alternatively  you might take her back, but on your own terms so she doesn't shaft you again and she has to actually work at the relationship.

However, if you had no dignity at all you'd chuck a bunch of money her way, drop to your knees, cry tears of joy and get your tongue to work on her chocolate starfish so hard, her dentist has to work around it at her next cleaning. This more or less describes the situation on wearside right now.

"He loves scorin against the mags marra, 10 million well spent!"

I reckon they'll score more than us this year. Lens, Borini, M'vila and Defoe is alright tbh.

Terrible defence though.

Except only one of those has ever been anything like a real goal scorer (Defoe, and he's on the way out).  Lens is decent for a winger but isn't going to get double figures, neither is Borini.  Meanwhile M'Vila has 3 goals in 194 games :lol:

I didn't say they were anything special, they're clearly not. But from what little I've seen of them they appear decent going forward.

Man United starlet Adnan Januzaj: Why I chose Dortmund over Sunderland

Manchester United starlet Adnan Januzaj has revealed the lure of playing in front of Borussia Dortmund’s fans tempted him to turn his back on the Premier League – for one year at least.

Sunderland – who had been linked with Januzaj – missed out on the Belgian when he joined Dortmund on a season-long loan yesterday.

The midfielder will wear the No.9 shirt at Dortmund, who sit top of the Bundesliga table after starting the season with three consecutive wins.

Speaking to the German club’s website, Januzaj said: “Borussia Dortmund are a big club and the fans are said to be unbelievable here.

“I want to achieve big things with this team.”

What terrible journalism

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/sunderland-afc/latest-safc-news/man-united-starlet-adnan-januzaj-why-i-chose-dortmund-over-sunderland-1-7438332

"He loves scorin against the mags marra, 10 million well spent!"

There whole club and fanbase is  build around how they compare to us, so someone who scores against "the mags" is the be all and end all of their ambition as a club. It's the onlything that counts. That's why they never have done anything worth shouting about for well over a generation and never will.

If the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. were ran like us and finished seasons like us they would struggle to get half the crowds our clubs do.

Don't think they would. But the prices for a ticket would tumble.

Both Liverpool and Man Utd have struggled to sell tickets when they have been underperforming in recent seasons.  Who knows how much they would fall with seasons of continued underachievement but I would expect they would still get decent-sized crowds.