Sunderland

Nobody

It's a very good piece that.

I have that 'it wasn't always like this' conversation with my son pretty much weekly when all of the kids at school who support Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs Liverpool and more latterly Man City look forward to bragging about trophies, finals, wins etc etc etc.

I told him about the Asprilla hatrick against Barcelona the other day. His face was priceless. As though it was make believe.

Part of me hates that I've done this to him. Effectively forced him into being a NUFC fan but I've done it in the blind hope that one day, just one day, we somehow get it right and return to the good old days and then I can be proud of my decision and he can be proud to say he's a NUFC Supporter.

I have that 'it wasn't always like this' conversation with my son pretty much weekly when all of the kids at school who support Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs Liverpool and more latterly Man City look forward to bragging about trophies, finals, wins etc etc etc.

I told him about the Asprilla hatrick against Barcelona the other day. His face was priceless. As though it was make believe.

Part of me hates that I've done this to him. Effectively forced him into being a NUFC fan but I've done it in the blind hope that one day, just one day, we somehow get it right and return to the good old days and then I can be proud of my decision and he can be proud to say he's a NUFC Supporter.

You, sir. You are insane.

:lol: What's the alternative? Let him support someone else?

That wouldn't feel right. I'm born and bred as a Tynesider, my family all bleed black and white, my grandfather and great uncles were present for Fair Cup finals.

He would be the first male in my family to change football teams. It's no small thing that you know.

:lol: What's the alternative? Let him support someone else?

That wouldn't feel right. I'm born and bred as a Tynesider, my family all bleed black and white, my grandfather and great uncles were present for Fair Cup finals.

He would be the first male in my family to change football teams. It's no small thing that you know.

I'm the same.  My son isn't old enough to understand yet but i'm already wondering if I can force this on him.  I know he'll be a Newcastle fan, no doubt in my mind.  I just already feel guilty about it :lol:

My son was photoed in a Newcastle top when he was one day old. There's no going back for him. Someday I will be having the, "sorry I have to do this to you son", conversation as I pull out the photo in order to prevent him being a Leicester city fan.

Where's the tissues?

I'm almost completely disillusioned with Sunderland and I too have indoctrinated my lad into watching the steaming turd they try to pass off as football. I feel guilty too. Then Leicester turn up, and have a season like they're having, and with a team which cost ten bob and wouldn't look out of place in the botttom six, and I think maybe.......just maybe.

I'm almost completely disillusioned with Sunderland and I too have indoctrinated my lad into watching the steaming turd they try to pass off as football. I feel guilty too. Then Leicester turn up, and have a season like they're having, and with a team which cost ten bob and wouldn't look out of place in the botttom six, and I think maybe.......just maybe.

http://i.imgur.com/DWjd2d9.png

Best find another reason to be proud other than success. Even the Tino hat trick was so against the odds, real 'pinch me/ punch me in the face' time, (Dagga the blagga had them playing s****) I genuinely could barely speak at half-time. Plenty of reasons beyond current regime, shameful branding, and woeful occasional hope-raising performances' to be proud of supporting Newcastle United. Just can' t think of them at the mo!  :lol:

[emoji38] What's the alternative? Let him support someone else?

You still living in the North East?

No.

No.

Ah right, would be interested to know if many kids in Newcastle and Sunderland are becoming glory hunters or if the most are still supporting the local teams

You're right by the way to encourage your kid to support Newcastle. Will give you something to bond over as he grows older

No.

Ah right, would be interested to know if many kids in Newcastle and Sunderland are becoming glory hunters or if the most are still supporting the local teams

You're right by the way to encourage your kid to support Newcastle. Will give you something to bond over as he grows older

I don't live in Newcastle anymore, but go back very regularly. I've noticed a rise in the number of young uns wearing tops of other teams- Man City in particular. Back when I was growing up it wasn't like that at all, if you lived in Newcastle and didn't support Newcastle you either had family roots from elsewhere or you were, well, a bit of an odd kid.

I do wonder how much of this change is down to the success bought by your Man City/Chelsea, and how much is down to the current NUFC regime letting the club turn to shit. I have a feeling the real damage done by Ashley won't become apparent for another 10-15 years.

My son is ten, is a Newcastle United supporter but I've noticed him lately talking up Man City and playing as them on FIFA. I've had to sit him down and explain to him that gloryhunters aren't real supporters. He understands now.

were not bothered man

were not bothered man

Are you a spokesman for everyone or is the 'were' [sic] just you and your mates?