Sunderland

Nobody

What has all the shaving stuff got to do with the case? Why the hell were they talking about it?

Evidence last week suggested he sent a picture of his "shaved groin area" to the girl, today he said he only ever shaves his chest on holiday so it isn't as sweaty and never his legs.

What has all the shaving stuff got to do with the case? Why the hell were they talking about it?

Evidence last week suggested he sent a picture of his "shaved groin area" to the girl, today he said he only ever shaves his chest on holiday so it isn't as sweaty and never his legs.

But surely the picture can be traced to its origin?

I'm sure it was a pretty difficult case to defend, but his supposed superstar lawyer doesn't seem to have done him much good.

Should have brought back Dick Advocaat, he's got the perfect name to be defence QC in a case like this.

Honestly cant believe how horrific this is all going for Johnson/Sunderland :lol: it's actually quite comical if you ignore the fact that there is a young girl who got felt up by this weirdo.

Fully expect Johnson to turn up to court tomorrow with a massive net and tell them that he uses it to catch kids.

This is also his best photo...

Nowt will happen to Sunderland though. They played  a player that helped get them survival last season. It went well for them, if anything

I'm sure it was a pretty difficult case to defend, but his supposed superstar lawyer doesn't seem to have done him much good.

Should have brought back Dick Advocaat, he's got the perfect name to be defence QC in a case like this.

Only so much a lawyer can do when it's this bad :yao:

He could always try the Chewbacca defense

Christ, it must be like watching this in that courtroom. Is his lawyer called George?

Is he trying to 'show remorse' or something to get a lesser sentence? Is it not far too late for that?

Seems to me he's admitting the stuff he's already plead guilty too while also admitting he had intent to go further *but didn't* which is the story he ultimately wants the jury to believe. Makes a certain amount of sense to me as I don't think the charges include intent to nonce.

I guess he's being honest about all this stuff, so that he seems like he tells the truth and when he says "I wanted to have sex but we didn't" the jury believe him.

The club knowing is f***ed up. I've not wanted to comment on them, making this an us-them thing, but that's disgraceful stuff.

The only problem with the strategy is that he pleaded not guilty all the way up until the trial, so if you're on the jury you have to be thinking 'this lads full of shit'

Is that right though? He was charged then released and plead guilty on the first day of the trial didn't he?

I guess he's being honest about all this stuff, so that he seems like he tells the truth and when he says "I wanted to have sex but we didn't" the jury believe him.

The club knowing is f***ed up. I've not wanted to comment on them, making this an us-them thing, but that's disgraceful stuff.

The only problem with the strategy is that he pleaded not guilty all the way up until the trial, so if you're on the jury you have to be thinking 'this lads full of shit'

Is that right though? He was charged then released and plead guilty on the first day of the trial didn't he?

He pleaded NG in all the hearings before trial - hence the trial.