Sunderland

Nobody

@CraigHope_DM

Johnson says he told SAFC chief exec Margaret Byrne he had "kissed girl passionately & been aroused". Told club "I have made huge mistake"

Not a chat-up line I've used myself I've got to admit.

That's it Johnson, you're banned. You, your children and your children's children.

For one week.

:lol:

I still give the club the benefit of the doubt. He lied to the police first time around and also on his first court appearance. The club will have been given a watered down version of events.

If that is the case, the club should have every right to sue him for every penny he earned over the last year or so, as he was essentially acting in bad faith. The standard was set by Chelsea over Adrian Mutu, not that they ever received any of the money they were awarded but it probably severely restricted his options in the future.

Johnson will most likely be given 6 months at least so any damages the club claim on could be seized much easier.

I suppose, it's not like he was HUGE flight risk. Like at any moment he could just dive over the hoarding and start fingering the children in the lower tier. But that really isn't the point like, no way should have allowed him to play.

I still give the club the benefit of the doubt. He lied to the police first time around and also on his first court appearance. The club will have been given a watered down version of events.

If that is the case, the club should have every right to sue him for every penny he earned over the last year or so, as he was essentially acting in bad faith. The standard was set by Chelsea over Adrian Mutu, not that they ever received any of the money they were awarded but it probably severely restricted his options in the future.

Johnson will most likely be given 6 months at least so any damages the club claim on could be seized much easier.

It comes down to when he told the club that he was guilty of the charges he pleaded guilty to. If they continued to play him after that they deserve all the stick they get.

It comes down to when he told the club that he was guilty of the charges he pleaded guilty to. If they continued to play him after that they deserve all the stick they get.

Bet they're gutted

Did SAFC give reasons for suspending/unsuspending him?

Either he's "innocent until proven/pleading guilty" from day one, or you axe/suspend him permanently from day one unless and until his name is cleared.

Looking very, very bad for an already bad-looking club.

Did SAFC give reasons for suspending/unsuspending him?

Either he's "innocent until proven/pleading guilty" from day one, or you axe/suspend him permanently from day one unless and until his name is cleared.

Looking very, very bad for an already bad-looking club.

Suspended...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sunderland/11445702/Sunderland-suspend-Adam-Johnson-after-arrest-dealing-a-huge-blow-to-their-survival-hopes.html

Sunderland acted swiftly to the news their £10m signing from Manchester City had been arrested, confirming on their official website that the 27-year-old would not be involved with the club until police have conducted their investigation.

Suspension Lifted....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31940379

The club held talks with the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) and Johnson's representatives after his police bail was extended.

"We recognise that the player is entitled to re-commence his duties with the club while the legal process continues. He will therefore return to training," a club statement said.

"The club's own investigation cannot continue until the conclusion of the legal process."

:rolleyes:

Bet they're gutted

Hur hur. 

Is it today that the prosecution cross examine him?  If he carries on performing the way he is he will be confessing to crashing princess Diana's car

:lol: Either that or we'll finally find out what happened to little Maddy

Earlier today

OP: "Is it from the very beginning that you were attracted to her and wanted to have some sort of sexual relationship with her?"

AJ: "Yes."

just now

He has now said that at the time he gave his number, he did not want to kiss her and was not sexually attracted to her. He has said he thought she was attractive and that he gave her his number because she seemed like a genuine fan.

AJ: "My intention then wasn't to have sexual activity with her."

Cross-examining, Ms Blackwell QC asked why it took more than a year before he entered guilty pleas.

Ms Blackwell QC asked: “Were there 60,000 very good reasons why you did not plead guilty?”

She reminded Johnson how the schoolgirl told the court she had been called a “s***” and a “liar” ever since the allegations came to light.

Johnson said: “I can’t control the fans.”

Ms Blackwell QC said: “£60,000. As long as you played for the football club was another week you extended the excruciating pain for the the girl wasn’t it?”

Johnson replied: “Yes”

Ms Blackwell QC recalled Johnson’s final game for Sunderland football club and how the player threw his shirt into the crowd.

“You knew the game was up”, she said.

I absolutely love this prosecution lawyer, she is going to rip him a new one over the course of today and tomorrow.