Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Guest chopey

Ladies and Gentlemen .......................Joe Kinnear................................the best director of football in the world ........................yeeeeehaaaa

Guest chopey

Willimson could be a target man, so it would be like a new signing, and he also plays center half which means two new signings

I actually think Gouffran would be class in a more central role, him and Remy could be fantastic as a front two. Unfortunately that leaves us very short elsewhere (especially in the first few games that Remy could miss).

Imagine Cisse getting injured man, catastrophe.

I like Gouffran but could never see him playing the lone striker role.

He's better there than he is any role we have used him so far and in any case.... Remy?

Whenever hes been used in the middle its always been with a strike partner and even then its been few and far between.

Pretty much resigned myself to the fact that Remy will be injured most of the time, which is usually the way things for us.

He's better there than he is any role we have used him so far and in any case.... Remy?

Whenever hes been used in the middle its always been with a strike partner and even then its been few and far between.

Pretty much resigned myself to the fact that Remy will be injured most of the time, which is usually the way things for us.

I am keeping hope that Remy will be our Demba 'exploding knee' Ba rather than our Hatem 'was probably Ben quite fit before he joined us' Arfa.

Apparently Fulham are paying his wages, which the Torygraph says are 65k a week, plus a hefty loan fee, which is probably going to be 1-2m. That's basically worth 3-5m for us in terms of what we're saving / making over the year.

Not too bad in the end, I guess, but really, I don't think PL clubs should be able to loan players. It's a bit of a joke, really.

I am keeping hope that Remy will be our Demba 'exploding knee' Ba rather than our Hatem 'was probably Ben quite fit before he joined us' Arfa.

:kinnear:

Ronaldo is so spot-on with what he's saying about our transfers at the minute.  People celebrating like daft cunts that we'll more than likely have a much weaker team/squad next season than we could have done is difficult to read and accept.  We're a knock/suspension away from Shola starting games but Bent's not good enough, Jonas is already our first choice wide forward but Downing's not good enough.  Let's celebrate that we didn't sign these better players, because we've got a proven track record of doing all that it takes to sign even better players when we need them and not leave ourselves short or anything.

It's beyond comprehension that an NUFC fan would celebrate news like this, there really are some pure mongs knocking about.

Guest bimpy474

Are Downing and Bent better than what we have. To fecking right they are. I'd rather have two players better than Jonas (Downing), and better than Shola (Bent) than not sign anyone.

All boils down to improving the squad and they would have.

Guest chopey

@cunninghampaul: Journal back page: 'Magpies fail with late bid for Bent' #tomorrowspaperstoday #nufc #safc http://t.co/i16vxi8tOO

I take exception to that headline, Newcastle United took the decision early in the summer to employ a Director of football with direct control over all transfers at the club, these transfers have not happened so the Magpies didn't fail............................JOE FAILED

Ronaldo is so spot-on with what he's saying about our transfers at the minute.  People celebrating like daft c***s that we'll more than likely have a much weaker team/squad next season than we could have done is difficult to read and accept.  We're a knock/suspension away from Shola starting games but Bent's not good enough, Jonas is already our first choice wide forward but Downing's not good enough.  Let's celebrate that we didn't sign these better players, because we've got a proven track record of doing all that it takes to sign even better players when we need them and not leave ourselves short or anything.

It's beyond comprehension that an NUFC fan would celebrate news like this, there really are some pure mongs knocking about.

But the club decided not to sign them. What we say or think means nowt, and is not worth getting pissed about. This anger should be aimed at the club, not fellow fans.

I understand both points of view tbh, we've been doing terribly in transfer market, but equally why on earth are we always so fixated on so few targets? Club should have a fair list to try on in parrallel for when we miss out on players, missing out on bent or homie should not be a disaster and yet here we are, again

I'm not really fussed that we've missed out on Bent because i didn't really want him here in the first place. Slightly worried though if we did actually fancy bringing him here though and we have fucked about with him and his agent eventually leading to him going elsewhere, simply because that doesn't bode well for our other transfer targets. Let them off regarding Gomis because it does seem like it was them fucking about on that occassion even their cunt of chairman placed the blame squarely at our door, prick!