Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Great, you'll no doubt be dancing like a fairy when Shola plays 20 games and squeal like a little pig when we go down.

Aww look I know you love the guy but you'll just have to accept he's never going to play for us, ah time for another dance :celb: :dance:

Seriously, I dont believe for a moment he'd be a replacement for Ameobi, he wont come here to sit on the bench.  Pardew shoe horning him into some impractical broken formation week after week is more likely to help us go down than save us.  I mean Its been reported a couple of times that Pardew wants him as a number 10 ffs :lol:  I suppose that'll bring the guarenteed goals people keep referring to?  The creative powers of Darren Bent running at the opposition and slipping balls through for Cisse, mouth watering..

The only thing I'd have been ok with was Bent as direct competition for Cisse, bring him on off the bench if Cisse's off form and keep him on his toes.  I dont believe for a second that would be the case though.  So yeah I'm happy we haven't signed him, just as I was happy we didnt sign Downing.

Guest Phil K

The only real signing of note we're gonna make this summer is Remy on loan isn't it?

Seems so. No surprise there then, and Kinnear has proved the doubters were bang on the money.

That said, I expect some cheapie unknowns in at the last minute that we are underwhelmed at

Great, you'll no doubt be dancing like a fairy when Shola plays 20 games and squeal like a little pig when we go down.

Aww look I know you love the guy but you'll just have to accept he's never going to play for us, ah time for another dance :celb: :dance:

Seriously, I dont believe for a moment he'd be a replacement for Ameobi, he wont come here to sit on the bench.  Pardew shoe horning him into some impractical broken formation week after week is more likely to help us go down than save us.  I mean Its been reported a couple of times that Pardew wants him as a number 10 ffs :lol:  I suppose that'll bring the guarenteed goals people keep referring to?  The creative powers of Darren Bent running at the opposition and slipping balls through for Cisse, mouth watering..

The only thing I'd have been ok with was Bent as direct competition for Cisse, bring him on off the bench if Cisse's off form and keep him on his toes.  I dont believe for a second that would be the case though.  So yeah I'm happy we haven't signed him, just as I was happy we didnt sign Downing.

You're just not very bright, that's the top and bottom of it. No goals or creativity and we turn our noses up at players with a proven track record of providing both in the PL.

I don't even like Bent that much. But he'd improve our shoddy setup no end.

@CaulkinTheTimes

Darren Bent to sign #ffc loan with view to permanent deal tmw after more medical stuff this evening. Renewed contact from #Nufc this morning & greater willingness to do business, apparently, but on way to Craven Cottage by then.

:lol:

What a joke.

@CaulkinTheTimes

Darren Bent to sign #ffc loan with view to permanent deal tmw after more medical stuff this evening. Renewed contact from #Nufc this morning & greater willingness to do business, apparently, but on way to Craven Cottage by then.

What a joke.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKH09NKwcp9XH-5BZcKAk9NeZZMfdml5ymqHdI0I-zTcFS3Ed3

@CaulkinTheTimes

What a joke.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKH09NKwcp9XH-5BZcKAk9NeZZMfdml5ymqHdI0I-zTcFS3Ed3

:papiss:

@CaulkinTheTimes

What a joke.

Sums up our professionalism really.

Guest neesy111

Seriously, what are we playing at?  Did we only revive interest because of a loan deal being available or the fact that we were forced to show our hand? 

Seriously, what are we playing at?  Did we only revive interest because of a loan deal being available or the fact that we were forced to show our hand? 

#2. They were definitely trying to wait till the last day to get either a lower fee or lower wages.

#2. They were definitely trying to wait till the last day to get either a lower fee or lower wages.

That doesn't sound like us at all.

@CaulkinTheTimes

What a joke.

That's what you get for asking to be kept in the loop, unsurprisingly..

Guest bimpy474

Us trying for Bent today would suggest the Gomis deal is well and truly dead.

Or we are just keeping him hanging on in case the Gomis deal doesn't go through.

I was thinking the other way around mate, we moved for Bent because the the Gomis deal is dead and we're in panic mode.

Either way it's not looking good.