Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Guest Roger Kint

Can't believe this seems to be our only target at the minute. So depressing ...still.

To be fair theres still no evidence we will pay for him.

Aye, it's just it seems to be the only credible link at the minute and isn't going away, although I haven't been paying too much attention for the past week so may have missed something... :yao:

Guest Roger Kint

Aye, it's just it seems to be the only credible link at the minute and isn't going away, although I haven't been paying too much attention for the past week so may have missed something... :yao:

:lol: You know its bleak when the papers cant be arsed to invent rumours

It's just died a bit of a death hasn't it?

Eh, there was another piece over the weekend.

Ah right, sorry, I was away.

Any quotes or new developments or owt?

:laugh:

Looks like it's not happening, it's dying a death, I was away so didn't see any news. Quality.

Looks like it's not happening, it's dying a death, I was away so didn't see any news. Quality.

I just hadn't picked up any more excitement from the last page or two, that's all. Assumed everyone was still talking about the previous rumour/link. Should have been following Mirror Football or the inside back page of The People more closely, apologies.

Are quotes regarding transfers generally that common? There seems to be a need to see them to believe any interest is genuine but imo nufc fans just want to see them as fuck all is happening on the surface.

Are quotes regarding transfers generally that common? There seems to be a need to see them to believe any interest is genuine but imo nufc fans just want to see them as fuck all is happening on the surface.

They're not common at all, which is why it's more sensible to assume that most transfer links are made up. It beggars belief the way we make judgements about our transfer activity and our policy based on random 'links' in the press.

Well, when the links are all you have to go at in a summer as frustrating as this it's not surprising imo. You don't need quotes to believe a story is genuine.

The Bent link is far from random like, is basically daily.

I just hadn't picked up any more excitement from the last page or two, that's all. Assumed everyone was still talking about the previous rumour/link. Should have been following Mirror Football or the inside back page of The People more closely, apologies.

That's because people aren't excited about this potential transfer.

It was in the Chronicle for what it's worth.

Well, when the links are all you have to go at in a summer as frustrating as this it's not surprising imo. You don't need quotes to believe a story is genuine.

The Bent link is far from random like, is basically daily.

Aye, but is there any evidence that it's any more than 'Newcastle might sign Bent, because he's leaving Villa and Pardew knows him'?

To me it just seems like all the media outlets reporting eachother, and the story gaining momentum. Does it actually mean it's any more likely just because more websites and dodgy newspapers print it?

I dunno, maybe I'm just being too cynicial because I hate the standard of sports journalism.

Pretty much every media outlet has reported us being interested in him. I always take rumours with a pinch of salt but when it's daily by nearly all of them then imo there is something in it.

Said it ages ago I think he'll end up here.