Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

This will be a dreadful signing if it comes off.

Agreed.

However had bent played in the place of Cisse last season he'd have a lot more goals than our current main striker.

Unless he had a dry season which strikers are prone to going through now and again. I wouldn't be surprised if Cisse hit 20 this season.

This will be a dreadful signing if it comes off.

Agreed.

However had bent played in the place of Cisse last season he'd have a lot more goals than our current main striker.

Unless he had a dry season which strikers are prone to going through now and again. I wouldn't be surprised if Cisse hit 20 this season.

I'd be shocked to the core, shaking with shock rage if he scored 20 goals.

My god he hasn't got a fucking clue! Really! What kind of demented idiot thinks Bent does that? Bent can play no 10 all of a sudden. FFS.

Really

What

FFS

Meanwhile Ben Arfa about ONE MILLION TIMES BETTER AT LINKING PLAY will be out wide defending

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-darren-bent-transfer-2048554

Manager Alan Pardew wants Aston Villa and England forward Bent to play just behind his No.9 Papiss Cisse, linking play and regularly chipping in with goals.

Of course he does. :lol:

I honestly can not believe anyone who has watched any football, let alone writes about it for a national newspaper, could seriously think that Darren Bent is a player who will "link play" in any possible connotation of the word.

What utter, utter bollocks.

How can anyone say something like that and keep a straight face?

Anyone turning their nose up at bent wants their head testing imo.

I'd certainly take him cheap as a backup striker/ competition for first place spot. He won't work with Cisse though and he's not the solution to any of our problems on the pitch apart from depth. If we signed him, a wide player or two and someone who can hold up the ball then great. We will just sign him though.

Wouldn't either, it's just my annoyance at Bent is he's not any of the things we need, he's essentially similar to Cisse and have no confidence in strengthening in depth.

Club could prove me wrong of course, but if we're still bringing on Shola when we need to hold the ball up we've cocked up hugely on recruitment, and if we haven't got any new wide options we'll have cocked up hugely.