Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Don't think it'd be terrible, but I'd rather someone more versatile if possible. He and Cisse as a pairing would be woeful, and either of them playing wide in a front three would be a waste of a shirt.

IMO our primary target should be someone who will start on the left of a front three. Then after that try to get a squad player who can play either centrally or out wide.

But I'll not be upset with Bent, provided he's not our only addition of course.

Terrible move if this comes off.

Why terrible?

Not trendy enough.

I personally hope we sign someone from abroad who has a worse record and costs twice as much.

His goal scoring record isn't the issue.  He's a shit Footballer, a player who does literally nothing outside the box is not what we need for the first team and no way on earth will Pardew use him as a super sub.

Signing Bent isnt the issue,  hes not a bad player, infact hes quite a good striker. Its what signing Bent tells us about the direction of our club.

Still not convinced we will sign him.

Signing Bent isnt the issue,  hes not a bad player, infact hes quite a good striker. Its what signing Bent tells us about the direction of our club.

Still not convinced we will sign him.

For me its the knowledge of what Pardew will do with a player like Bent.  I don't think there's any chance he'd be a plan B player (a shola replacement) which is the only way he'd be a good signing.

If we were coming off a successful season, people would be content with Bent. The hatred towards it is just negativity for the sake of negativity, as this is the norm at the moment. He'd be a decent option. People keep talking about how compatible he is with Cisse, but Papiss isn't the type of forward that thrives in a two striker system anyway, and he won't be any less compatible with Bent than he was with Ba. If we acquire Bent and an aggressive, pacey wide player this window, I will be happy with our attacking unit.

Why terrible?

We already have a similar striker in cisse who we barely supply, adding another similar striker wont improve our goal haul...its the supply thats the the problem.  Having said that Bent might be on his way and Cisse moved on.

Another one of my worries for Bent, never really stays at a club for very long.

he would be coming here for the payday- and will not break a sweat- we've seen enough of these fuckers over the years here.

By all accounts he's on loads more money there than he'd get here.

he would be coming here for the payday- and will not break a sweat- we've seen enough of these f***ers over the years here.

I'd imagine Bent has been eating well ever since his move to Spurs about 6-7 years ago. This has not stopped him from scoring at a decent rate.

Why terrible?

Not trendy enough.

I personally hope we sign someone from abroad who has a worse record and costs twice as much.

Yeah bit pissed off, i was hoping Ashley was gonner go nab Messi.

If we were coming off a successful season, people would be content with Bent. The hatred towards it is just negativity for the sake of negativity, as this is the norm at the moment. He'd be a decent option. People keep talking about how compatible he is with Cisse, but Papiss isn't the type of forward that thrives in a two striker system anyway, and he won't be any less compatible with Bent than he was with Ba. If we acquire Bent and an aggressive, pacey wide player this window, I will be happy with our attacking unit.

Wrong all over this like.

Why terrible?

Not trendy enough.

Yeah bit pissed off, i was hoping Ashley was gonner go nab Messi.

He wouldn't work with Cisse, yo.

Why terrible?

Not trendy enough.

Yeah bit p*ssed off, i was hoping Ashley was gonner go nab Messi.

Bent and Cisse would work?

he would be coming here for the payday- and will not break a sweat- we've seen enough of these f***ers over the years here.

I'd imagine Bent has been eating well ever since his move to Spurs about 6-7 years ago. This has not stopped him from scoring at a decent rate.

And i'd think he would be wanting to make some sort of effort to make the English World Cup squad giving the lack of depth in the department.

I hate this idea of buying players that 'Pardew can work with'.

Fuck that, buy players who are quality and fit the side not the manager.

I may be naïve here but with different options Pardew could change his style (unlikely) or if he doesn't should get the boot (slightly more likely) so there is no point signing average/poor players just to suit him.

If Bent is available for a decent fee then I would be happy for us to get him as competition for Cisse, as Ronaldo has said it's better than his current competition. If Pardew plays Cisse and Bent together it won't work but that's going to happen anyway.

Bent and someone like Remy would be great.

Why terrible?

Not trendy enough.

More so than Messi and Cisse. Messi is too greedy and a racist.

Why terrible?

Not trendy enough.

More so than Messi and Cisse. Messi is too greedy and a racist.

Not to mention a tax dodger :pow:

Guest hobshobs

Why terrible?

Because this would be another Viduka, Harewood type. Right up Pardew's street, high ball for Bent.