Arouna Koné

Ishmael

He'll go to Everton.

Aye. So would I in his position.

Unless we offer him double the money. Which we won't.

I really don't think its going to take anything near double the money like :lol:

But I agree on the same terms he'll probably go to Everton, especially with Martinez there now.

Guest reefatoon

Will be interesting to see where Poyet is going to play him come the start of the season.

Guest Brazilianbob

You have to laugh.  When the headlines said that we have had a bid for an Ivory Coast striker it ses reasonable to think Yes...

Wilfried Bony!!!!  Bit no its a 30 year Wigan striker.......Underwhelming or what?????

I can't see how anyone wouldn't be happy with Shola being pushed further down the pecking order. We'd have 3 decent strikers on the books at least and a different plan B for next year instead of seeing that useless tit stroll on after 60 minutes whenever he's available.

You have to laugh.  When the headlines said that we have had a bid for an Ivory Coast striker it ses reasonable to think Yes...

Wilfried Bony!!!!  Bit no its a 30 year Wigan striker.......Underwhelming or what?????

Or what if you'd seen "Newcastle agree fee for proven Premier League striker", you'd have thought "Darren Bent  :puke:" and been extremely overwhelmed to see that its Kone.

I can't see how anyone wouldn't be happy with Shola being pushed further down the pecking order. We'd have 3 decent strikers on the books at least and a different plan B for next year instead of seeing that useless tit stroll on after 60 minutes whenever he's available.

We have to buy exactly the player people want right this minute or it doesn't count, doesn't matter if the player we're after will improve us.

I don't think I'm as far along as you in the process of being drained of all hope, ambition and expectation.

West Ham signed Carroll, Norwich get Wolfswinkel, Southampton are apparently after Damiao, Swansea are after Bony, and we're looking at washed up shite like Kone and Bent.

Should have stuck this 5m onto PEA in January.

Whatever. At least he's better than Shola. That's my criteria for any new striker these days, as depressing as it is.

Better than Shola? I think this guy is better than Cisse almost personally. He's a very hardworking and intelligent player, and £5m for a striker that can play at this level for another 2-3 years is very good I think.

If we sign him I'd be very happy. We still need a winger though to compliment Barfa on the other side and a new CB to compete/replace Saylor.

I don't think I'm as far along as you in the process of being drained of all hope, ambition and expectation.

West Ham signed Carroll, Norwich get Wolfswinkel, Southampton are apparently after Damiao, Swansea are after Bony, and we're looking at washed up s**** like Kone and Bent.

Kone ain't shit man, is it just me who likes the guy?

Whatever. At least he's better than Shola. That's my criteria for any new striker these days, as depressing as it is.

Better than Shola? I think this guy is better than Cisse almost personally. He's a very hardworking and intelligent player, and £5m for a striker that can play at this level for another 2-3 years is very good I think.

If we sign him I'd be very happy. We still need a winger though to compliment Barfa on the other side and a new CB to compete/replace Saylor.

Give him a year and he'll be as shit as Shola.

That would include 95% of the strikers in the PL, Championship and League One.

Kone's a really good player with a really good record at his last few clubs. We'd get 2 or 3 excellent seasons out of him.

Guest reefatoon

West Ham signed Carroll, Norwich get Wolfswinkel, Southampton are apparently after Damiao, Swansea are after Bony, and we're looking at washed up s**** like Kone and Bent.

Kone ain't s*** man, is it just me who likes the guy?

Yes, so pipe down

Give him a year and he'll be as s*** as Shola.

:lol: Right, I can say this much I rather spunk £5m on this guy than £5m on Bent.

We're in early July, it's not exactly panic stations yet and I'd hardly say Kone is washed up considering he's just had a pretty good season from an individual standpoint.

Guest Lalasialex

Felipao91: you think saylor is out second bet CB? I'rather have i versatile defender who can be cover for Deb. on right back...