Arouna Koné

Ishmael

Gave a lesson in holding up the ball when they brutalised us at Goodison. Think he's a very decent player, albeit not the sort of player who is going to help  us reach the next level.

Do want.

What's Everton's shirt sponsor these days btw? :shifty:

Yeah I mentioned in the other thread that apparently he's quite a strict muslim.

So strict that he wore last season's Wigan shirt, sponsored by 12bet.com.

Gave a lesson in holding up the ball when they brutalised us at Goodison. Think he's a very decent player, albeit not the sort of player who is going to help  us reach the next level.

Do want.

Excellent, that's just what we're after.

What's Everton's shirt sponsor these days btw? :shifty:

Yeah I mentioned in the other thread that apparently he's quite a strict muslim.

So strict that he wore last season's Wigan shirt, sponsored by 12bet.com.

Oh well that's one obstacle out the way then :)

Do want.

I think he can help you get up a level/be a really valuable asset for the squad. His playing style already fits in with the Everton ethos (in terms of how hard-working and strong he is) and he has that bit of pace up front which you don't have. Also quite good technically.

His games against Everton last year were very good as I recall. Really entertaining games overall too. :thup:

Do want.

:lol: True, right enough.

Guest Spark

I don't really agree that he's hugely reliant on pace.  From what I saw of him last season, he's capable of some very clever link up play.  I'd be very pleased if sign him.

Guest chopey

If I had a list of 10 strikers in our budget I would like to sign this summer he would be number 10, and I cant believe people rate him as a player

Do want.

He will help us reach the next level, however it will be the next level of shitness when JFK is finished

If I had a list of 10 strikers in our budget I would like to sign this summer he would be number 10, and I cant believe people rate him as a player

Scored as many as Cisse last season like.

As others have said, if he's our only striker signing then it's very underwhelming. As someone to push Shola down the pecking order it's pretty good IMO.

What daft number will he be?

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/designs/11874229,width=178,height=178/I-see-what-you-did-there.png

5 million for a 1 in 3 goals per game striker, when you've got 1 semi-decent striker at the club isn't bad iyam.

Where would Darren Bent be?  Also do you actually have a list and is it realistic in the slightest?

I don't think wanting to sign a player for a reasonable fee who would improve us suggests low expectations.  We've signed numerous players far worse than Arouna Kone in our history.

As people have said, if he's the only signing then its disapointing overall, but as a first signing it would be very positive IMO, and far better than Darren Bent.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't think wanting to sign a player for a reasonable fee who would improve us suggests low expectations.  We've signed numerous players far worse than Arouna Kone in our history.

History? Sod that theres 4 or 5 on our books now :lol:

History? Sod that theres 4 or 5 on our books now :lol:

Goes without saying yeah :lol: